Xircom Announces PortStation for Mac (with Pictures)
MACWORLD Product Focus - Xircom Announces PortStation for Mac (with Pictures)
by , 1:00 PM EDT, July 20th, 2000
We had a chance to stop by the Xircom booth and check out some of the slick USB expansion products they have to offer. Although the stackable 4 and 7 port USB hubs in multiple colors caught our eye, what caught our attention was the upcoming PortStation product.
This is a modular expansion product which starts as a 4-port USB hub. But the cool part is that you can take it apart, and then add the modules that you need. At this point, the currently available expansion modules are a 4-port USB hub, a serial DB-9 module, a SCSI module, and a DIN 8 serial module. Slated for the future is an ISDN module, an HPNA (Home Phone Line Networking) module, and an ADSL module.
This product is current available for the PC, and is slated for release on the Mac in September 2000. Pricing has not yet been set.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,10:42 PM
- Google Brings Higher Resolution Satellite Imagery to Google Earth and Maps
- 9:10 PM
- Google Bloks Will Offer Kids Hands-On, Collaborative Programming Concepts
- 8:44 PM
- PRE-SALE: The Complete iOS 10 Developer Course at $29
- 5:15 PM
- Game Foul: Ford Dealership Steals Firewatch Art
- 5:04 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Symply Co-founder and President Alex Grossman
- 3:20 PM
- iPhone 7 Sans Headphone Jack: The Debate Continues
- 1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?