Xircom Announces PortStation for Mac (with Pictures)
MACWORLD Product Focus - Xircom Announces PortStation for Mac (with Pictures)
by , 1:00 PM EDT, July 20th, 2000
We had a chance to stop by the Xircom booth and check out some of the slick USB expansion products they have to offer. Although the stackable 4 and 7 port USB hubs in multiple colors caught our eye, what caught our attention was the upcoming PortStation product.
This is a modular expansion product which starts as a 4-port USB hub. But the cool part is that you can take it apart, and then add the modules that you need. At this point, the currently available expansion modules are a 4-port USB hub, a serial DB-9 module, a SCSI module, and a DIN 8 serial module. Slated for the future is an ISDN module, an HPNA (Home Phone Line Networking) module, and an ADSL module.
This product is current available for the PC, and is slated for release on the Mac in September 2000. Pricing has not yet been set.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,8:00 AM
- Enjoy Your Memorial Day
- Sun,11:53 AM
- MGG 607: The Pocket Dial Conspiracy
- Fri,9:47 PM
- The Pros and Cons of a Proprietary Apple Car Charger
- 6:59 PM
- VirnetX Wants to Shut Down FaceTime, but it Won’t Happen
- 5:45 PM
- Star Wars: Force Awakens Soundtrack LPs Will Feature Built-in Holograms—Really
- 5:45 PM
- It Could Happen - Universally Autonomous Cars Could Fail in the Marketplace
- 5:36 PM
- Record Your Mac’s Screen with iShowU Instant: $12
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-27: Apple’s Car Charging Plans, Eddy Cue’s Time Warner Deal
- 11:50 AM
- iPhone SE: Is Less the New More?
- 10:44 AM
- Support for Anti-encryption Laws Crumbles
- Thu,11:02 PM
- HP Envy 34c Curved Display Video Review