Xircom Announces PortStation for Mac (with Pictures)
MACWORLD Product Focus - Xircom Announces PortStation for Mac (with Pictures)
by , 1:00 PM EDT, July 20th, 2000
We had a chance to stop by the Xircom booth and check out some of the slick USB expansion products they have to offer. Although the stackable 4 and 7 port USB hubs in multiple colors caught our eye, what caught our attention was the upcoming PortStation product.
This is a modular expansion product which starts as a 4-port USB hub. But the cool part is that you can take it apart, and then add the modules that you need. At this point, the currently available expansion modules are a 4-port USB hub, a serial DB-9 module, a SCSI module, and a DIN 8 serial module. Slated for the future is an ISDN module, an HPNA (Home Phone Line Networking) module, and an ADSL module.
This product is current available for the PC, and is slated for release on the Mac in September 2000. Pricing has not yet been set.
- Fri,6:58 PM
- Pee-Wee Herman Stars in Avengers Trailer
- 6:34 PM
- Trent Reznor on Working for Apple: ‘It’s Everything I Asked For’
- 5:50 PM
- Last Chance for The Complete iOS 8 Course With Swift for $89
- 4:42 PM
- MacTech Conference 2014: Talk to Kelly and Dave!
- 4:30 PM
- Apple Wins the Old-fashioned Way: Outsmart the Competition
- 3:00 PM
- Judge Rules Cops can Force You to Touch ID Unlock your iPhone
- 2:02 PM
- iOS 8: Adding Fitness App Data to the Health App
- 1:16 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-31
- 11:25 AM
- How To Clean Up and Rebuild Apple Mail Data [Yosemite Update]
- 9:39 AM
- Judge to Unseal GT Advanced Bankruptcy Filing Documents
- 8:45 AM
- Yosemite: Maximizing Windows & the Green “Stoplight” Button
- Thu,7:17 PM
- Meijer, the CurrenctC/MCX Member Who Refuses to Block Apple Pay