Connectix Unleashes CopyAgent
MACWORLD Product Focus - Connectix Unleashes CopyAgent
by , 4:00 PM EDT, July 20th, 2000
Connectix has filled a critical gap in personal computer file copy and backup. CopyAgent is the first personal, multipurpose file backup application, and Connectix has priced this must-have new product aggressively. Its goal is simple: backup for individuals, even the ones who have home LAN's to work with. A Connectix representative gave the Mac Observer an overview of the new product.
- Different types of backup, including merges.
- TurboKeys, which allows you to control your Mac from the keyboard. They say that it can be controlled entirely from the keys.
- Secure erase for files up to three rewrites.
- Scheduled backups.
- Device recognition.
- Copying of invisible files.
When asked about data encryption, the Connectix folks said that it was not included but that it would be a worthy feature to add. They also specified that the software could not be used to do backups via Internet remote remote.
The CopyAgent package is available now for US$39 with a special US$20 price at the MACWORLD Expo show floor.
The Mac Observer Spin:Usually, backup solutions target companies and huge network. It is nice to see one that focuses on the needs of individuals.
- Wed,10:03 AM
- Apple Tells Developers to Submit their OS X Yosemite-compatible Apps
- 9:18 AM
- iTunes Store Adds City of Hope Donation Page for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- 8:40 AM
- iOS 8: Requesting the Desktop Version of Websites
- 12:37 AM
- Apple Reduces Screen Size in Apple Watch Video to Match Website
- Tue,7:17 PM
- Samsung Calls Galaxy Note 4 Screen Gap a Feature, not a Flaw
- 6:04 PM
- iOS 8 HealthKit-compatible Apps: TMO’s Growing List
- 5:14 PM
- Apple Releases New Printer Drivers for HP and 7 Other Companies
- 4:51 PM
- iOS 8: How to Enable Notification Center Widgets
- 4:40 PM
- iLuv Vyneer Case for iPhone 6: Fashion, Protection and Transparency
- 4:33 PM
- Microsoft Math: Add 1 to Windows 8 and You Get Windows 10?
- 3:38 PM
- Propellerhead Ships Reason 8 with Emphasis on Drag and Drop Workflow
- 2:24 PM
- The Free Mac Developer Toolkit - 4 Dev Apps for Free