Apple Releases Update For PowerMac G4 (Dual Processor) To Provide "More Reliable Performance&qu
Apple Releases Update For PowerMac G4 (Dual Processor) To Provide "More Reliable Performance"
by , 2:30 PM EST, December 19th, 2000
Apple has released a CPU plugin for PowerMac G4 owners that the company says will provide "more reliable performance." Although Apple's documentation and Web site do not specify this, the update is for dual processor machines only. This installer checks, so installing it on the wrong machine is not possible. According to Apple:
This update of the Apple CPU Plugin is required for Power Mac G4 systems using Mac OS 9.0.4 or later. This update is not needed by and will not be installed on systems using Mac OS X Public Beta.
This software updates the Apple CPU Plugin extension and provides more reliable performance from your Power Mac G4.
What Is Installed
Apple CPU Plugin installs the Apple CPU Plugin 2.7 extension in your System Folder.
For additional information, go to www.apple.com/support
English - North American Mac OS 9.0.4
Power Macintosh G4 .
You can find more information and download links at Apple's Web site.
- Thu,7:17 PM
- Meijer, the CurrenctC/MCX Member Who Refuses to Block Apple Pay
- 6:36 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 52 Website Faucets that Really Pay [Update]
- 5:17 PM
- Last Chance for The Bluetooth Shower Speaker: $39
- 5:09 PM
- CES Rebrands iLounge Pavilion as iProducts, Hopes to Attract Macworld Expo Exhibitors
- 2:13 PM
- Apple Reverses PCalc Decision; App and Widget Can Stay
- 1:29 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-30
- 11:36 AM
- Microsoft Joins the Fitness Tracking Game with Fitness Band
- 9:52 AM
- Tim Cook’s Gay Coming Out is a Big Deal for Equal Rights
- Wed,9:37 PM
- MCX Holds Press Conference, Does Itself No Favors
- 7:30 PM
- ACM 278: Apple is the New Microsoft and Thinking Differently about iPhone
- 6:43 PM
- Apple: Widgets Can’t Calculate, Orders Featured Calculator Widget Removed
- 4:00 PM
- The 3 Unexpected Consequences of Apple Pay Will be Huge