Apple Releases Update For PowerMac G4 (Dual Processor) To Provide "More Reliable Performance&qu
Apple Releases Update For PowerMac G4 (Dual Processor) To Provide "More Reliable Performance"
by , 2:30 PM EST, December 19th, 2000
Apple has released a CPU plugin for PowerMac G4 owners that the company says will provide "more reliable performance." Although Apple's documentation and Web site do not specify this, the update is for dual processor machines only. This installer checks, so installing it on the wrong machine is not possible. According to Apple:
This update of the Apple CPU Plugin is required for Power Mac G4 systems using Mac OS 9.0.4 or later. This update is not needed by and will not be installed on systems using Mac OS X Public Beta.
This software updates the Apple CPU Plugin extension and provides more reliable performance from your Power Mac G4.
What Is Installed
Apple CPU Plugin installs the Apple CPU Plugin 2.7 extension in your System Folder.
For additional information, go to www.apple.com/support
English - North American Mac OS 9.0.4
Power Macintosh G4 .
You can find more information and download links at Apple's Web site.
- Wed,5:50 PM
- Hit List 2.0 Task Manager Checks Off Syncing, iPhone 6 Interface
- 5:44 PM
- ACM 285: Apple’s iPod Lawsuit Victory and Tag Heuer’s Smart Watch Plans
- 5:20 PM
- STM Harbour iPhone 6 Case is Colorful, Lightweight and Inexpensive
- 5:16 PM
- Register for TMO’s Apple Watch Giveaway
- 4:15 PM
- Apple Pay: a List of Brick-and-Mortar Stores That Accept it
- 1:13 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-17
- 11:32 AM
- Netflix Says Offline iPad Viewing Not Going to Happen
- 9:48 AM
- Falling Ruble Ruins iPhone Christmas in Russia
- 8:50 AM
- Pages: Adding and Formatting Links within Text
- Tue,8:56 PM
- TAG Heuer Announces Plans for Mechanical Smartwatch
- 5:12 PM
- Track Sports and Fitness Jumping on Your iPhone with VERT
- 3:46 PM
- Lifetime Access To Over 5,000 Adobe Authorized Training Videos for $79