Apple Releases Update For PowerMac G4 (Dual Processor) To Provide "More Reliable Performance&qu
Apple Releases Update For PowerMac G4 (Dual Processor) To Provide "More Reliable Performance"
by , 2:30 PM EST, December 19th, 2000
Apple has released a CPU plugin for PowerMac G4 owners that the company says will provide "more reliable performance." Although Apple's documentation and Web site do not specify this, the update is for dual processor machines only. This installer checks, so installing it on the wrong machine is not possible. According to Apple:
This update of the Apple CPU Plugin is required for Power Mac G4 systems using Mac OS 9.0.4 or later. This update is not needed by and will not be installed on systems using Mac OS X Public Beta.
This software updates the Apple CPU Plugin extension and provides more reliable performance from your Power Mac G4.
What Is Installed
Apple CPU Plugin installs the Apple CPU Plugin 2.7 extension in your System Folder.
For additional information, go to www.apple.com/support
English - North American Mac OS 9.0.4
Power Macintosh G4 .
You can find more information and download links at Apple's Web site.
- Wed,8:50 PM
- Decades-Old Legacy Encryption Found in iOS, OS X, Android - Apple Says Fix Is Coming
- 7:30 PM
- ACM 296: Apple’s Spending Restraint, Disconnected Analysts, and Google’s Cell Service
- 7:23 PM
- Pay What You Want: Front-End Developer Bundle
- 4:40 PM
- Intuit Hoses Quicken (Mac) Users…Again
- 4:40 PM
- Q Card Case for iPhone 6 Plus Uses Credit Card Slot as Kickstand
- 3:56 PM
- Apple Will Reportedly Announce MacBook Air with Retina Display on March 9th
- 3:30 PM
- Why Some Observers Think Apple Watch Won’t Succeed
- 11:38 AM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-04: Apple’s Pro-worker Stance in Silicon Valley
- 10:44 AM
- Apple’s Security Contractors are about to Become Employees
- 9:36 AM
- Apple Working on Settlement with A123 after Hiring Battery Employees
- 8:50 AM
- OS X Photos Beta: Adding to Existing Albums
- Tue,9:30 PM
- David Sparks Debuts ‘Workflow Video Field Guide’ for iOS Automation