Apple Releases Update For PowerMac G4 (Dual Processor) To Provide "More Reliable Performance&qu
Apple Releases Update For PowerMac G4 (Dual Processor) To Provide "More Reliable Performance"
by , 2:30 PM EST, December 19th, 2000
Apple has released a CPU plugin for PowerMac G4 owners that the company says will provide "more reliable performance." Although Apple's documentation and Web site do not specify this, the update is for dual processor machines only. This installer checks, so installing it on the wrong machine is not possible. According to Apple:
This update of the Apple CPU Plugin is required for Power Mac G4 systems using Mac OS 9.0.4 or later. This update is not needed by and will not be installed on systems using Mac OS X Public Beta.
This software updates the Apple CPU Plugin extension and provides more reliable performance from your Power Mac G4.
What Is Installed
Apple CPU Plugin installs the Apple CPU Plugin 2.7 extension in your System Folder.
For additional information, go to www.apple.com/support
English - North American Mac OS 9.0.4
Power Macintosh G4 .
You can find more information and download links at Apple's Web site.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Wed,2:05 PM
- Apple’s Penchant for Privacy Makes Siri ‘Speaker’ Hard, but That’s Why We’ll Want It
- 1:33 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-25: Apple Hires Jon Callas, Microsoft’s Smartphone Failure
- 10:19 AM
- Microsoft Cuts more Smartphone Jobs, Hopes for Enterprise Success
- Tue,7:41 PM
- Bad News, FBI: Apple Hires Security Pro Jon Callas
- 5:30 PM
- How Apple Got Ready For an iPhone With an OLED Display
- 5:09 PM
- Writing the ‘Apple Music Letter’ Was Taylor Swift’s Bravest Thing She’s Done
- 4:46 PM
- ZeroLemon 64GB iMemStick: $79.99
- 1:31 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-24: New MacBook Pros this Fall, Spotify’s New Pricing
- 11:41 AM
- No New MacBook Pro Until Fall, but it’ll be Really Cool
- 10:25 AM
- Star Wars as an Infographic is Fantastically Awesome
- 9:15 AM
- El Capitan: Adjust Safari’s Reader Settings