Rumor No More: Sound Blaster Live Coming To The Mac
MWSF - Rumor No More: Sound Blaster Live Coming To The Mac
by , 1:00 PM EST, January 5th, 2001
After months of speculation, Creative Labs is ready to release a Macintosh version of their Sound Blaster Live audio card. Mac users have always prided themselves on their Mac's built in sound capabilities, but that convenience has come at a price; 3D stereo surround sound is years behind on the Mac platform.
Details on the Mac version have not been released. Based on the feature set of the Windows counterpart, however, the card should be impressive. Users should expect full digital audio processing, improved MIDI support, and stereo in/out jack to allow users to directly wire their Mac into their home stereo system. Next time you have a party, fire up your MP3 music playlist, pump it through your main stereo system, and forget about switching CD's all night.
Creative Labs will be taking pre-orders and demonstrating the new card at next week's MACWORLD Expo. You can visit them at booth #2339, and show attendees will be offered special pricing on the card. You can also find more information at the Creative Labs web site.
The Mac Observer Spin:This is great news for Mac users, to be sure. The Sound Blaster Live card enhances game play by providing cleaner and more realistic 3D sound, while also enhancing ambient sound in games like Unreal.
Music lovers should also notice a difference in MP3 playback, due to improved digital support. This has been an area that has been lacking for Mac users for too long, and Creative Labs' support is a welcome addition to the platform.
- Sat,10:30 AM
- IiPhoneography 101: Tripods for Your iPhone
- Fri,8:54 PM
- Apple Death Knell #68: Apple’s Stock Will Collapse Because iPhone Is Too Important
- 7:32 PM
- Last Chance: Pay What You Want for the Learn to Design Bundle
- 4:30 PM
- What to Expect During Apple’s March 9 Media Event
- 1:09 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-02-27: Apple Watch Media Event Smackdown
- 11:20 AM
- Ericsson Sues Apple after Failing to Reach Patent License Agreement
- 10:01 AM
- Analyst: Apple Watch Edition to Cost $950
- 8:55 AM
- QuickTime & Yosemite: Recording Your iPhone or iPad Screen with iOS 8
- Thu,8:36 PM
- Apple Opens iWork for iCloud to Everyone
- 7:53 PM
- This Is Why You Should Set Up Philips Hue LED Smartbulbs
- 7:15 PM
- Apple Rumored to Bring Touch ID to Macs
- 4:40 PM
- Last Chance To Save 55% On The Code Black HD Camera Drone