MACWORLD Surprise: New Pro Keyboard On The Way?
MWSF - MACWORLD Surprise: New Pro Keyboard On The Way?
by , 10:30 AM EST, January 8th, 2001
A reader, who has requested that his name be withheld, as written to inform us that Apple may have a surprise in store for us at this week's MACWORLD, a new Pro Keyboard. Since Apple moved the power switch to the CPU, or rather removed it from the keyboard, in the most recent round of hardware users have reported a number of problems with G4 and Cube power switches.
That very problem caused one reader to request a replacement keyboard from Apple. After an MP G4 would not start from the main power switch a reader attached a MacSenseUSB keyboard, one that has an on-board power switch, only to have that stop functioning after a short time as well. When the upset reader contacted Apple, they received an interesting response:
My friend (almost naively) indicates that she is uncomfortable with that as my keyboard offered a power key whereas the Pro Keyboard does not, and that she wants to give me back an equivalent. "Well," says the Apple rep, "we can send you a new Apple keyboard that is even newer than yours, that does have a power key."
We have no confirmation as to the veracity of this story, but due to the mounting problems with the power switches on Apple hardware, and user's complaints about removing the switch from the keyboard, this is one of those moves that would almost make too much sense.
Stay tuned, we may find out tomorrow whether this is truth, or just another rumor.
The Mac Observer Spin:Moving the power switch from the keyboard annoyed a number of Mac users, us included, for the simple reason that many of us keep your computers under a desk and out of the way. On top of that, the new power switch on the G4 and Cube have had well documented problems.
If Apple were to release and updated Pro Keyboard with a power switch it would not be earth shattering news, but would be welcome none-the-less.
- Sat,10:30 AM
- iPhoneography 101: Essential iPhone Camera Apps
- Fri,6:57 PM
- Apple Makes ‘Things for iPad’ Free for a Week
- 6:47 PM
- Judge Approves Apple iBooks $450 Million Antitrust Settlement
- 5:54 PM
- 100 AA and 52 AAA Duracell Batteries for $59.99 [Extended]
- 5:18 PM
- Use a PDF to See How Big Apple Watches Really Are
- 4:45 PM
- Why Every Estimate for Apple Watch Sales in 2015 is Completely Wrong
- 4:30 PM
- ‘Kingdom Rush Origins’ Tower Defender Released for iPhone and iPad
- 1:42 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-21
- 11:53 AM
- Google Agrees to Settlement in Rockstar Patent Infringement Fight
- 9:44 AM
- Apple Blocks Outdated Flash Players Over Security Issues [Update]
- 9:00 AM
- iOS 8: Using “Send Last Location”
- Thu,8:05 PM
- SwiftKey Adds Languages in iOS Without App Store Updates