Apple Releases OS 9.1 Under The Radar
MWSF - Apple Releases OS 9.1 Under The Radar
by , 3:10 PM EST, January 9th, 2001
With all of the hardware and consumer oriented software hype of this morning's keynote address, Apple forgot to tell us that the latest version of their operating system, OS 9.1, is now available as a free download.
We have not had time to install 9.1 yet, but as soon as we do we will give you a full report. In the meantime, Apple has this to say:
Mac OS 9.1 Update is designed to support today's Mac OS 9 customers and ease the transition for tomorrow's Mac OS X customers. The Mac OS 9.1 update delivers additional support for Multiple Users and iTools services, and Sherlock 2 has a new channel, Entertainment, making it easy to find movie reviews or your favorite song.
OS 9.1 is available as a free download for users of OS 9.0 or higher. You can find more information at the Apple web site.
The Mac Observer Spin:It is hard to believe that Jobs would have forgotten about this product during the keynote, but it seems equally unlikely that it would be released without any fanfare. Early reports are that 9.1 is NOT compatible with OS X's Classic environment, so OS X users should be careful to read the full release notes before installing the 9.1 update.
For many users, those that are resisting the move to OS X, this will be a welcome upgrade. Also, based on the keynote, Apple plans to install OS X on all shipping Macs starting in July, so this may be the last full OS 9 update for some time.
- Wed,8:40 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg Wows Chinese Crowd with 30 Minute Interview in Chinese
- 8:06 PM
- How to Use Yosemite’s New Batch-Renaming Feature
- 7:59 PM
- How to Make Calls from Yosemite the Geeky Way
- 7:55 PM
- Continuity Keypad Makes Calling From Yosemite Easier
- 7:51 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Game Design Bundle
- 3:00 PM
- OS X Yosemite: The Quintessential Review
- 1:25 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-22
- 10:55 AM
- AT&T Wireless Offers iPad Air 2, mini 3 for $100 off
- 9:55 AM
- Apple Launches Maps Connect, Allows Users To Update Info
- Tue,8:51 PM
- GTAT Announces ‘Amicable Parting’ of Ways with Apple
- 6:50 PM
- How I Came to Own and Sell a TAM Probably Owned by Jony Ive
- 5:01 PM
- Adobe KnowHow: Learn Photography From The Best for $29.99