Apple Releases OS 9.1 Under The Radar
MWSF - Apple Releases OS 9.1 Under The Radar
by , 3:10 PM EST, January 9th, 2001
With all of the hardware and consumer oriented software hype of this morning's keynote address, Apple forgot to tell us that the latest version of their operating system, OS 9.1, is now available as a free download.
We have not had time to install 9.1 yet, but as soon as we do we will give you a full report. In the meantime, Apple has this to say:
Mac OS 9.1 Update is designed to support today's Mac OS 9 customers and ease the transition for tomorrow's Mac OS X customers. The Mac OS 9.1 update delivers additional support for Multiple Users and iTools services, and Sherlock 2 has a new channel, Entertainment, making it easy to find movie reviews or your favorite song.
OS 9.1 is available as a free download for users of OS 9.0 or higher. You can find more information at the Apple web site.
The Mac Observer Spin:It is hard to believe that Jobs would have forgotten about this product during the keynote, but it seems equally unlikely that it would be released without any fanfare. Early reports are that 9.1 is NOT compatible with OS X's Classic environment, so OS X users should be careful to read the full release notes before installing the 9.1 update.
For many users, those that are resisting the move to OS X, this will be a welcome upgrade. Also, based on the keynote, Apple plans to install OS X on all shipping Macs starting in July, so this may be the last full OS 9 update for some time.
- Fri,11:02 AM
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Calls BS on BBC iPhone Factory Film
- 9:11 AM
- McDonald’s Supersizes Sales with Apple’s iBeacon Tech
- Thu,8:09 PM
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- 6:20 PM
- Save 96% on The World’s Largest iOS 8 + Swift eLearning Bootcamp
- 5:30 PM
- Apple Pay Expansion Worldwide Will Have Vast Repercussions
- 2:07 PM
- The Story Behind Apple’s ‘The Song’ Commercial (Video)
- 1:43 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-18
- 11:29 AM
- iOS 8 Mail: Customizing Swipe Gestures
- 9:08 AM
- Apple Raises $20M in 2014 Product (RED) Campaign
- Wed,5:50 PM
- Hit List 2.0 Task Manager Checks Off Syncing, iPhone 6 Interface
- 5:44 PM
- ACM 285: Apple’s iPod Lawsuit Victory and Tag Heuer’s Smart Watch Plans
- 5:20 PM
- STM Harbour iPhone 6 Case is Colorful, Lightweight and Inexpensive