Corel Updates Popular Graphics App, Painter
MWSF - Corel Updates Popular Graphics App, Painter
by , 7:00 AM EST, January 11th, 2001
Corel has announced an update to their popular graphics application, Painter. Version 6.1 includes a number of enhanced palettes and a variety of other feature additions. According to Corel:
Corel Corporation (NASDAQ:CORL, TSE: COR) invites you to download Corel¨ Painterª 6.1. Startingtoday, users of the popular Corel Painter 6 Natural-Media¨ creation toolcan download a free version of the latest update complete with new andenhanced features.
The free Corel Painter 6.1 update for current Corel Painter 6 and MetaCreationsPainter 6 users will include an interesting palette of new features,enhancements and fixes. In addition to the enhancements made to the Soften,Sharpen and Highpass features, the new Woodcut effect lets users converta photo into what appears to be a hand-rendered woodblock print of thephoto. It will give artists a more comprehensive array of tools.
Corel Painter 6 is a graphics application that lets users simulate naturalmedia in a digital setting. It gives users an unprecedented level of textureand realism so they can create digital artistic works very similar inappearance to those created by media, such as watercolors, charcoal, andchalk.
Corel Painter inventors John Derry and Mark Zimmer will be at Macworlddemonstrating the awesome power and unique capabilities of the new CorelPainter 6.1. Get "The Inside Story" demonstration from Mark and John atMacworld on the morning of January 9th only. Also Cher Threinen-Pendarvis,artist and author of the "Painter Wow!" book will be there to give demonstrations of Corel Painter 6.1 from Tuesday, Jan. 9 to Friday, Jan. 12.
Painter is available for US$399. You can find more information at the Corel web site.
- Wed,9:18 AM
- YouTube Puts Another Nail in Flash’s Coffin with HTML5 on the Desktop
- Tue,7:52 PM
- Apple Blocks Flash on the Mac Following Major Security Exploit
- 7:46 PM
- Apple Ups the Secrecy with Wall Street
- 5:25 PM
- Apple Pay Dominates Mobile Payment Platforms, Coming to Vending Machines [Updated]
- 5:15 PM
- Tim Cook Says Apple Watch Will Ship in April
- 5:11 PM
- Apple iOS Device Sales Top 1 Billion Units
- 4:35 PM
- Apple Smashes Expectations with $74.6 Billion December Quarter [Update]
- 2:33 PM
- Apple TV 7.0.3 Squashes 16 Security Vulnerabilities
- 2:20 PM
- Apple Rolls Out OS X 10.10.2 Update with WiFi Fixes, iCloud Drive Time Machine Backups
- 2:04 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 8.1.3, Reduces Storage Required for Updates
- 1:44 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-01-27: Samsung Copies Apple Pay, Google’s Dropcam Plans
- 11:07 AM
- Apple TV gets More Athletic with 120 Sports Channel