nVIDIA GeForce 3 To Be Released First On Macintosh!
MW Tokyo - nVIDIA GeForce 3 To Be Released First On Macintosh!
by , 9:40 AM EST, February 22nd, 2001
You heard correctly! The GeForce 3 from nVIDIA was announced at Apple CEO Steve Jobs Keynote Address at the MACWORLD Expo, Tokyo. The GeForce 3 , previously known as "NV20," is a revolution in gaming technology, pushing polygons through the roof and increasing the tricks game programers can use 10 fold. Better yet, The GeForce 3 is coming to the Macintosh first!
The card is phenomenal and sports some incredible features. Here is the official info from the Apple Web site.
The NVIDIA GeForce3 graphics chip is the personal computer industry's most advanced graphics processing unit ever. With more than 57 million transistors its able to perform 800 million operations per second including 76 billion floating point operations per second (GigaFLOPS). Powered by the new NVIDIA nfiniteFX engine and the LightSpeed Memory Architecture, the GeForce3 GPU enables user to experience a much richer 3D graphics environment than they ever have before.
The card is now available BTO on all G4 Towers at the Apple Web site at $350 extra or can be bought as a stand alone card in March for about $600.
The Mac Observer Spin:This is the truly big news to come out of this Expo. With disappointing iMac and Cube announcements, announcing that the premier gaming card on the planet is going to be released for the Mac before the PC is about the biggest coup imaginable. Oh, to be a fly in the wall during those negotiations! Congrats to Apple for pulling this off!
- Fri,5:31 PM
- Google, Samsung can’t Top Apple’s Unreleased Apple Watch
- 5:10 PM
- Report: Apple Pay is Disrupting and Transforming Mobile Payments
- 4:04 PM
- Apple Raises Prices in Russian App Store Amidst Ruble Meltdown
- 3:55 PM
- The Unexpected Ways Apple Watch Will Crush the Competition
- 2:29 PM
- 6-Ft MFi-Certified iOS Lightning and micro USB Convertible Charging Cable: $21
- 1:41 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-19
- 11:02 AM
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Calls BS on BBC iPhone Factory Film
- 9:11 AM
- McDonald’s Supersizes Sales with Apple’s iBeacon Tech
- Thu,8:09 PM
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- 6:20 PM
- Save 96% on The World’s Largest iOS 8 + Swift eLearning Bootcamp
- 5:30 PM
- Apple Pay Expansion Worldwide Will Have Vast Repercussions
- 2:07 PM
- The Story Behind Apple’s ‘The Song’ Commercial (Video)