Asante To Demo Gigabit Ethernet Products At MACWORLD
MWNY - Asante To Demo Gigabit Ethernet Products At MACWORLD
by , 7:00 AM EDT, July 18th, 2001
Asante will be at this week's MACWORLD Expo showing off their latest line of gigabit ethernet products. Asante's FriendlyNET line of products is completely Mac compatible and provides a powerful high-speed networking solution for users. According to Asante:
Asante Technologies continues to make Gigabit Ethernet even more affordable. In booth #1425 at Macworld New York (July 18-20), Asante will be showing the broadest family of Gigabit Ethernet products for Macintosh and PC computers. "Asante's new 1000BaseT GBIC is the most affordable in its class," commented Rusty Callihan, Asante's Vice President of Sales. 'And it supports all industry-standard Gigabit Ethernet switches with GBIC slots."
BUILDING BETTER NETWORKS WITH INTERNET ACCESS SOLUTIONS:
- FriendlyNET FR3002AL new wireless-ready router
- FriendlyNET FR3004 with redundant modem port
Asante will also highlight its award-winning line of cable/DSL routers. The company's new wireless-ready router, the FriendlyNET FR3002AL, is a 2-port 10/100 switch with integrated print server and optional wireless connection. "The FR3002AL is the only router to offer users a choice--either wired or wireless," commented William Hang, Product Manager at Asante. "This gives users flexibility at an affordable price." When users want wireless support, they simply plug an Asante AeroLAN into the router and begin talking with other 802.11b compatible devices--including Apple's AirPort.
The recently released C, which contains a redundant modem port, enables customers to upgrade from a v.90 56K analog modem and still keep it as a back-up modem. For those who also need a network print server, the FR3004LC is available for just $10 more.
IT'S FINALLY A REALITY--FAST, AFFORDABLE GIGABIT ETHERNET:
- FriendlyNET GX4-800 switch, with 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- GX4-224 (24 ports of 10/100 with 2 ports of 100/1000)
- GX4-400 (4 ports of 100/1000)
- IntraCore 65120
Asante continues its leadership in offering affordable, powerful Gigabit Ethernet switches. The FriendlyNET GX4-800 switch contains 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports--7 ports of 10/100/1000BaseT and one 1000BaseX GBIC module interface--which provide the flexibility to easily connect workgroups to a fiber- or copper-based Gigabit backbone. Compared with other 8-port Gigabit switches, the new GX4-800GBIC is half the price--just $250 per port. In addition, Asante will feature the GX4-224 (24 ports of 10/100 with 2 ports of 100/1000) and the GX4-400 (4 ports of 100/1000) switches.
You can find more information about their full line of products at the Asante Web site, or visit them at booth 1425 at MACWORLD.
- Thu,6:15 PM
- Patriot Ready With a USB-C Flash Drive for Apple’s MacBook
- 5:20 PM
- Apple Committed to ‘Cleaning Up’ Apple Music
- 5:05 PM
- Retailer Screws Up, Shows Off HomeKit Compatible Hue Bridge Early
- 3:10 PM
- Last Chance to Pay What You Want for the Mac Power User Bundle
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-09-03: Apple TV’s Missing Universal Search
- 12:03 PM
- Apple TV Needs Universal Search
- 10:52 AM
- Having Your Own Star Wars BB-8 Droid Really is That Cool
- 9:37 AM
- Judge Koh Slams Attorney Fees in Apple Anti-poaching Settlement
- Wed,10:20 PM
- ACM 322: Apple’s TV Shows, Ian Rogers’ New Job, iPhone Jailbreaking
- 5:30 PM
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- 4:40 PM
- Making the Case for the iPod Touch
- 4:25 PM
- Dr. Mac Presents: Smart Option Key Tricks