Corel Launches "procreate" Line
MWNY - Corel Launches "procreate" Line
by , 2:30 PM EDT, July 18th, 2001
At MACWORLD this week, Corel is launching a new line of products called the "procreate" line. The procreate lineup will be led by Painter 7, also released at MACWORLD, and will feature a number of other products for both OS X and Windows. According to Corel:
procreate, a new line of software for creative professionals, will be unveiled at Macworld Expo booth #731 in New York on July 18th. Designed and delivered by Corel Corporation, procreate is a collection of enhancement tools geared specifically to power and extend the possibilities of design.
As part of Corel's mandate to lead the market with cutting edge graphics tools, the company has introduced the procreate line of products. This new initiative is aimed at the professional creative market a key customer segment Corel is targeting as part of its growth strategy, announced in January 2001. With a strong emphasis on providing creative software for the Mac OS procreate represents an evolution in the company's goal to develop software that meets the needs of this professional customer.
"procreate is the result of a clear focus and commitment to a single vision to produce the best possible applications for this high performance industry," said Derek Burney, president and CEO of Corel Corporation. "The procreate product line is the culmination of careful research, a new commitment to this market, and exceptional application development. procreate helps professionals elevate their creativity to a new level."
Available for both Macintosh and Windows, procreate products will be optimized for Mac OS X leveraging the strengths of this advanced operating system. The procreate product line includes Painter 7 and upcoming versions of KPT and KnockOut. Painter 7 is scheduled for availability in August 2001. New versions of KPT and KnockOut will be available in fall 2001.
Extending the capabilities of existing creative software, these tools build upon the functionality of industry standard applications including Adobe Photoshop, providing users with a new level of power, precision, and control.
"Playful yet powerful, this product line demonstrates our commitment to provide tools that will inspire our customers and become essential elements in their workflow," said Ian LeGrow, executive vice president in charge of procreate development. "procreate gives graphics professionals the power to push their limits taking images and creation to new heights."
Painter 7 for Mac OS X is available for US$499. You can find more information at the Corel Web site, or visit them at MACWORLD booth 731.
- Thu,9:02 AM
- Samsung Doesn’t Have to Pay Apple Attorney Fees Because iPhone wasn’t Famous
- Wed,9:40 PM
- Week Of Who, Day 3: Craigy Who and Mr Timey Pants
- 6:49 PM
- ACM 268: Apple Copycats, Ad Agencies, and Steve Ballmer: Sports Mogul
- 6:38 PM
- Jeff Gamet, John Martellaro Talk Sci-Fi Tech on MacVoices
- 5:26 PM
- Limefuel Lite USB Battery Pack for Dual Charging: $34.99
- 2:22 PM
- Guest Pass for iOS 7 Allows Access to Your Wi-Fi Network Without Revealing the Password
- 1:25 PM
- Parallels Announces Desktop 10 for the Mac with Yosemite Support
- 1:07 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-08-20
- 10:58 AM
- RunKeeper Wants to Give You Presents for Working Out
- 9:44 AM
- Analyst: No Apple iWatch this Year
- 8:45 AM
- 3 Handy Tips to Make Preview More Productive
- Tue,10:07 PM
- Apple’s Stock Sets Record Closing High, Market Cap Record Still Waits