Gefen Announces Special Pricing On DVI To ADC Converter
MWNY - Gefen Announces Special Pricing On DVI To ADC Converter
by , 10:00 AM EDT, July 18th, 2001
Gefen has announced special MACWORLD pricing on their version of the ADC to DVI display converter. Gefen's ex-tend-it DVI to ADC Conversion Box allows those without a newer Mac supporting the Apple Display Connector (ADC) technology to use Apple's latest line of displays. According to Gefen:
Connect and Extend Apple Flat Panel Displays with Gefen's ex-tend-it DVI to ADC Conversion Box.
The ex-tend-it DVI to ADC Conversion Box not only connects your Apple flat panel display to your DVI-equipped computer, it extends that display up to 25 feet from your computer. It also enables you to add a second flat panel display to your workstation provided you have a second DVI card installed.
- works with any DVI-equipped Macintosh computer
- supports Apple's complete family of flat panel displays
- lightweight, discreet box
- universal power supply
- plug and play
- connecting an Apple flat panel display to any computer equipped with DVI
- connecting two flat panel displays using a second DVI graphics card
For a limited time the Gefen ex-tend-it DVI to ADC Conversion Box is available for US$199. You can find more information at the Gefen Web site.
The Mac Observer Spin:While the ADC may be a good idea, and offer easier connectivity to a system, is plugging in three cords to the back of a computer really all that more difficult than plugging in one? Especially considering that, generally, once a display is connected to a machine it stays connected.
It would be wonderful to see Apple revamp their displays to include both traditional and ADC connectivity options. We know we are dreaming, but ADC alienates more people than it helps.
- Mon,9:52 PM
- Apple Q4 Earnings Sliced And Diced
- 8:21 PM
- Apple Q4 MacBook Sales Hit Record Breaking Numbers, Jump 25 Percent
- 7:45 PM
- Here’s What Apple Wants to Achieve With Apple Pay
- 7:33 PM
- How Apple’s Tim Cook Explained Away Poor iPad Sales
- 6:31 PM
- Apple Store App Update Adds Apple Pay Support
- 5:59 PM
- China Holds Huge Potential for Apple with First Time iPhone Buyers
- 5:16 PM
- Apple Teases Future Plans for Beats
- 5:02 PM
- Apple Posts a Record September Quarter - $42.1 Billion Revenue, $8.5 Billion Earnings
- 4:45 PM
- How-to Set Up and Add Credit Cards to Apple Pay
- 1:32 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-20
- 1:19 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 8.1 With Apple Pay, iCloud Photo Library, Camera Roll, More
- 11:49 AM
- Spotify Announces Family Plans