Gefen Announces Special Pricing On DVI To ADC Converter
MWNY - Gefen Announces Special Pricing On DVI To ADC Converter
by , 10:00 AM EDT, July 18th, 2001
Gefen has announced special MACWORLD pricing on their version of the ADC to DVI display converter. Gefen's ex-tend-it DVI to ADC Conversion Box allows those without a newer Mac supporting the Apple Display Connector (ADC) technology to use Apple's latest line of displays. According to Gefen:
Connect and Extend Apple Flat Panel Displays with Gefen's ex-tend-it DVI to ADC Conversion Box.
The ex-tend-it DVI to ADC Conversion Box not only connects your Apple flat panel display to your DVI-equipped computer, it extends that display up to 25 feet from your computer. It also enables you to add a second flat panel display to your workstation provided you have a second DVI card installed.
- works with any DVI-equipped Macintosh computer
- supports Apple's complete family of flat panel displays
- lightweight, discreet box
- universal power supply
- plug and play
- connecting an Apple flat panel display to any computer equipped with DVI
- connecting two flat panel displays using a second DVI graphics card
For a limited time the Gefen ex-tend-it DVI to ADC Conversion Box is available for US$199. You can find more information at the Gefen Web site.
The Mac Observer Spin:While the ADC may be a good idea, and offer easier connectivity to a system, is plugging in three cords to the back of a computer really all that more difficult than plugging in one? Especially considering that, generally, once a display is connected to a machine it stays connected.
It would be wonderful to see Apple revamp their displays to include both traditional and ADC connectivity options. We know we are dreaming, but ADC alienates more people than it helps.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,1:30 PM
- SolarTab Portable Solar Panel is a Bright Spot in Outdoor Charging Solutions
- 12:00 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-04-29: Kicking Off a New Apple Conference
- 9:15 AM
- Changing Your Wi-Fi Channel for Improved Speed
- Thu,7:59 PM
- Carl Icahn Isn’t Wrong about Apple in China
- 5:54 PM
- House Passes Email Search Warrant Bill
- 3:20 PM
- Roxio Toast 14 Titanium for Mac: $49
- 3:00 PM
- Griffin’s BreakSafe USB-C Cable Replicates MagSafe For the Apple MacBook
- 2:32 PM
- Bad Move: FBI won’t Share San Bernardino iPhone Hack with Apple
- 1:23 PM
- Dr. Mac’s Deeper Look into Budget-Priced VR Headsets
- 12:00 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-04-28: The Developer Side of Apple Conferences
- 10:50 AM
- CareKit’s Strong Suit may be Peer Support Apps