Kaiden Announces New QuickTime VR Equipment
MWNY - Kaiden Announces New QuickTime VR Equipment
by , 12:00 PM EDT, July 18th, 2001
At MACWORLD today, Kaidan announced two new motorized turntables, and improved software, for creating QuickTime VR movies. The Kaidan PiXi-M and Magellan-M turntables and software provide users with a powerful set of tools for capturing and creating 3D movies and images. According to Kaidan:
Kaidan Incorporated, the leading manufacturer of Photographic VR hardware announced today two new motorized turntables and expanded bundled software solutions for 3-D Object solutions.
The Kaidan PiXi-M motorized turntable is available today bundled with the SpinImage software from Autolycus. The bundled solution, known as the 3-D Object Imaging Kit, is used to create 3-D object movies in a matter of minutes. The user places the object of interest on the PiXi-M turntable. Digital video of the spinning object is sent to the computer (Macintosh or Windows) where the SpinImage software converts the video stream into an object movie that is ready to be transferred to a Web site for subsequent viewing. The user can choose from either the SpinImage format (HTML-based) or a QuickTime VR format. The PiXi-M turntable has a working diameter of nine inches and can support a maximum weight of twenty pounds. The 3-D Object Imaging Kit is available immediately from Kaidan and all Kaidan distributors and resellers.
Kaidan also announced at the show a new, larger continuous motion turntable, the Magellan-M. This turntable, due out later this year, has a working diameter of eighteen inches and will support considerably more weight than the PiXi-M turntable. The Magellan-M will also be available in bundled configurations with Autolycus SpinImage software upon its introduction.
You can find more information at the Kaidan Web site, or visit them at MACWORLD booth 2006.
- Wed,3:10 PM
- How to Deauthorize All Devices in iTunes 12
- Thu,8:31 PM
- iTunes ‘Limited Time’ Movie Bundles: Lord of the Rings for $14.99, Aliens Anthology for $19.99
- 8:10 PM
- Alternatives to iCloud for Photo Storage in the Cloud
- 5:40 PM
- Apple Store Adds Same Day Delivery through Postmates in Bay Area
- 5:24 PM
- Another Chink in CurrentC’s Armor: Target Wants In-store Apple Pay
- 4:16 PM
- Appeals Court Rejects Apple’s Request to Remove iBooks Antitrust Monitor
- 3:24 PM
- HUSKK Quickdraw iPhone 6 Wallet Case: $24.99
- 2:42 PM
- 6 Calculator Apps for Apple Watch
- 1:41 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-05-28: Target Says Yes to Apple Pay, Hiding Pics in Photos
- 9:12 AM
- Pebble Time Ships, Apple Watch Comparisons Coming Soon
- Wed,6:47 PM
- TextExpander 5 and TextExpander touch 3.5 Released
- 6:10 PM
- ACM 308: Jony Ive’s New Job, Cortana, and Apple Watch Wish List