Kaiden Announces New QuickTime VR Equipment
MWNY - Kaiden Announces New QuickTime VR Equipment
by , 12:00 PM EDT, July 18th, 2001
At MACWORLD today, Kaidan announced two new motorized turntables, and improved software, for creating QuickTime VR movies. The Kaidan PiXi-M and Magellan-M turntables and software provide users with a powerful set of tools for capturing and creating 3D movies and images. According to Kaidan:
Kaidan Incorporated, the leading manufacturer of Photographic VR hardware announced today two new motorized turntables and expanded bundled software solutions for 3-D Object solutions.
The Kaidan PiXi-M motorized turntable is available today bundled with the SpinImage software from Autolycus. The bundled solution, known as the 3-D Object Imaging Kit, is used to create 3-D object movies in a matter of minutes. The user places the object of interest on the PiXi-M turntable. Digital video of the spinning object is sent to the computer (Macintosh or Windows) where the SpinImage software converts the video stream into an object movie that is ready to be transferred to a Web site for subsequent viewing. The user can choose from either the SpinImage format (HTML-based) or a QuickTime VR format. The PiXi-M turntable has a working diameter of nine inches and can support a maximum weight of twenty pounds. The 3-D Object Imaging Kit is available immediately from Kaidan and all Kaidan distributors and resellers.
Kaidan also announced at the show a new, larger continuous motion turntable, the Magellan-M. This turntable, due out later this year, has a working diameter of eighteen inches and will support considerably more weight than the PiXi-M turntable. The Magellan-M will also be available in bundled configurations with Autolycus SpinImage software upon its introduction.
You can find more information at the Kaidan Web site, or visit them at MACWORLD booth 2006.
- Thu,6:15 PM
- Patriot Ready With a USB-C Flash Drive for Apple’s MacBook
- 5:20 PM
- Apple Committed to ‘Cleaning Up’ Apple Music
- 5:05 PM
- Retailer Screws Up, Shows Off HomeKit Compatible Hue Bridge Early
- 3:10 PM
- Last Chance to Pay What You Want for the Mac Power User Bundle
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-09-03: Apple TV’s Missing Universal Search
- 12:03 PM
- Apple TV Needs Universal Search
- 10:52 AM
- Having Your Own Star Wars BB-8 Droid Really is That Cool
- 9:37 AM
- Judge Koh Slams Attorney Fees in Apple Anti-poaching Settlement
- Wed,10:20 PM
- ACM 322: Apple’s TV Shows, Ian Rogers’ New Job, iPhone Jailbreaking
- 5:30 PM
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- 4:40 PM
- Making the Case for the iPod Touch
- 4:25 PM
- Dr. Mac Presents: Smart Option Key Tricks