Kaiden Announces New QuickTime VR Equipment
MWNY - Kaiden Announces New QuickTime VR Equipment
by , 12:00 PM EDT, July 18th, 2001
At MACWORLD today, Kaidan announced two new motorized turntables, and improved software, for creating QuickTime VR movies. The Kaidan PiXi-M and Magellan-M turntables and software provide users with a powerful set of tools for capturing and creating 3D movies and images. According to Kaidan:
Kaidan Incorporated, the leading manufacturer of Photographic VR hardware announced today two new motorized turntables and expanded bundled software solutions for 3-D Object solutions.
The Kaidan PiXi-M motorized turntable is available today bundled with the SpinImage software from Autolycus. The bundled solution, known as the 3-D Object Imaging Kit, is used to create 3-D object movies in a matter of minutes. The user places the object of interest on the PiXi-M turntable. Digital video of the spinning object is sent to the computer (Macintosh or Windows) where the SpinImage software converts the video stream into an object movie that is ready to be transferred to a Web site for subsequent viewing. The user can choose from either the SpinImage format (HTML-based) or a QuickTime VR format. The PiXi-M turntable has a working diameter of nine inches and can support a maximum weight of twenty pounds. The 3-D Object Imaging Kit is available immediately from Kaidan and all Kaidan distributors and resellers.
Kaidan also announced at the show a new, larger continuous motion turntable, the Magellan-M. This turntable, due out later this year, has a working diameter of eighteen inches and will support considerably more weight than the PiXi-M turntable. The Magellan-M will also be available in bundled configurations with Autolycus SpinImage software upon its introduction.
You can find more information at the Kaidan Web site, or visit them at MACWORLD booth 2006.
- Thu,8:01 PM
- Apple Granted 14 Years Protection for 5th Ave Glass Cube by Patent Office
- 7:39 PM
- Apple: HealthKit Data Off Limits to Advertisers
- 6:40 PM
- How To Free Up iPhone Storage by Deleting Photos From Messages
- 6:05 PM
- Last Chance for TuneUp Deal at $19.95
- 2:00 PM
- Why a 12-inch iPad is Almost Certain
- 1:50 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-08-28
- 12:27 PM
- Apple Issues Invites for September 9th Media Event
- 11:47 AM
- Twitter Opens Analytics Tools to All Users
- 10:42 AM
- Report Claims this is the Year of the NFC iPhone
- 9:24 AM
- Apple Denied Samsung Sales Injunction Yet Again
- Wed,7:16 PM
- The Ruby On Rails Rookie To Rockstar Training Bundle: $49
- 6:29 PM
- ACM 269: China’s OS Ambition, iWatch Rumors, Cool Headphones