Reality’s P5 Glove at MWNY
MWNY Floor Quickie - Reality’s P5 Glove at MWNY
by , 12:30 PM EDT, July 19th, 2001
Which one of these is not like the other one : mice, trackballs, trackpads, tablets, pointing nubs, gloves, joysticks, gamepads.
If you are tired of spending money for the same input devices in new dressing, you have only until early 2002 to wait for a P5 Glove. The story in short: if Essential Reality manages to achieve even a fraction what they say the P5 will allow gamers, graphics pros, and other technophiles to do, the company will have a winning product on its hands.
After meeting with the chief operating and technology officers of the company here at Macworld, we can say that the company seems to be on the right track. In the gaming area of the show floor, Essential Reality was demoing a prototype of their device. Designed like a futuristic exoskeleton, the P5 can track the flex of your hand and each of your individual fingers.
The P5 is currently slated for release in early 2002, to be bundled with as-yet undisclosed software titles and demos.
- Wed,7:40 PM
- ACM 291: Apple’s Massive Numbers and the Rosetta Stone for Apple Timing
- 5:30 PM
- One Way Apple Could Help Us Find Apple Pay Locations
- 3:47 PM
- Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs Movie Starts Filming with Michael Fassbender as Jobs
- 2:45 PM
- Revogi Smart Color Bluetooth LED Bulb: $34.99
- 1:20 PM
- My Love/Hate Relationship with Apple’s Handoff and Continuity
- 1:17 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-01-28: AAPL Q1 2015 Earnings, YouTube Dumps Flash
- 11:01 AM
- How to Restore Missing iPhoto Image Thumbnails
- 9:18 AM
- YouTube Puts Another Nail in Flash’s Coffin with HTML5 on the Desktop
- Tue,7:52 PM
- Apple Blocks Flash on the Mac Following Major Security Exploit
- 7:46 PM
- Apple Ups the Secrecy with Wall Street
- 5:25 PM
- Apple Pay Dominates Mobile Payment Platforms, Coming to Vending Machines [Updated]
- 5:15 PM
- Tim Cook Says Apple Watch Will Ship in April