Reality’s P5 Glove at MWNY
MWNY Floor Quickie - Reality’s P5 Glove at MWNY
by , 12:30 PM EDT, July 19th, 2001
Which one of these is not like the other one : mice, trackballs, trackpads, tablets, pointing nubs, gloves, joysticks, gamepads.
If you are tired of spending money for the same input devices in new dressing, you have only until early 2002 to wait for a P5 Glove. The story in short: if Essential Reality manages to achieve even a fraction what they say the P5 will allow gamers, graphics pros, and other technophiles to do, the company will have a winning product on its hands.
After meeting with the chief operating and technology officers of the company here at Macworld, we can say that the company seems to be on the right track. In the gaming area of the show floor, Essential Reality was demoing a prototype of their device. Designed like a futuristic exoskeleton, the P5 can track the flex of your hand and each of your individual fingers.
The P5 is currently slated for release in early 2002, to be bundled with as-yet undisclosed software titles and demos.
- Sun,12:25 PM
- MGG 568: Running Your Mac Safe & Lean
- Fri,7:45 PM
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- 7:00 PM
- Keychain 101: Getting Started with Apple’s Password Manager
- 5:15 PM
- An iPhone 6s That Can Record 4K Video Means a 4K Apple TV
- 4:53 PM
- Drive Genius 4: $49.99
- 4:33 PM
- Losing Ian Rogers Sucks for Apple and the Music Industry
- 3:10 PM
- Google Instructs Advertisers on How to Bypass Apple Security - But There’s More
- 2:40 PM
- How to Lock the Dock Size, Position, and Contents in OS X
- 1:33 PM
- Satisfy Your Growing Storage Needs with a 5TB External Drive for $130
- 1:24 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-08-28: Apple’s in-store iPod, um, Shuffle
- 11:45 AM
- How To Use Your iPhone’s Barometer to Crowdsource Weather
- 11:30 AM
- Apple Watch is Gaining on Fitbit, but that Doesn’t Mean Fitbit is Screwed