XLR8 Updates CPU Upgrade Software For OS 9, OS X
MWNY - XLR8 Updates CPU Upgrade Software For OS 9, OS X
by , 4:00 PM EDT, July 19th, 2001
XLR8 has updated their MACh Speed Control software for their CPU upgrade cards to version 2.5. The software allows users to configure their upgrade cards for maximum performance under Mac OS 7.5.2 through Mac OS X. According to XLR8:
XLR8 has released XLR8 MACh Speed Control 2.5.0. This software utility will configure all of XLR8's CPU upgrade cards for maximum performance under Mac OS 7.5.2 through Mac OS X.
The XLR8 MACh Speed Control Panel 2.5.0 provides automatic cache profiling and initialization at start-up as well as important system tuning that overcomes deficiencies in older environments and improves overall stability. Thermal monitoring is available under Mac OS (8.6 – 9.x) that will alert the user if potentially dangerous overheating of the CPU or CPUs occurs.
Unlike previous versions, this software requires a valid XLR8 serial number to function. Users should make sure that they have a valid XLR8 serial number for their processor upgrade prior to attempting to install the software. All XLR8 cards sold after January 2000 have a serial number attached to their processor upgrade card (XLR8 will be emailing all registered users of XLR8 upgrade cards a valid serial number). Cards purchased prior to this must obtain a valid serial number to use the software.
"We have decided that we will protect the best software in the Industry for our customers," stated Jack Kolk, VP and General Manager of XLR8. "Our unique approach and world class engineering make XLR8's software the best in the market and we have decided to stop making it available for free, although inexpensive enough for all."
Serial numbers for XLR8 and Non-XLR8 upgrade cards can be licensed for $14.95 on the XLR8 website by going to http://xlr8.com/snb, registering, downloading the software and then receiving an emailed serial number.
This version of the MACh Speed Control software does not offer dual processor support under OS X for the MACh Carrier G4 MPe or the MACh Velocity G4 MPe. Full symmetric multiprocessing support in OS X is included in MACh Speed Control 3.0 to be released shortly.
You can find more information about their full line of CPU upgrades, and the MACh Speed Control software, at the XLR8 Web site.
- Sat,10:30 AM
- Rachio Iro - The Smart Sprinkler Controller
- Fri,10:00 PM
- Apple Has Starring Role in New Crypto War
- 5:40 PM
- How to Create Signatures in Mail.app in iOS and OS X
- 5:00 PM
- The Reason Why No Company Can Duplicate Apple’s iPhone Appeal
- 3:40 PM
- Wondershare PDFelement for Mac and OCR Plug-In: $39.99
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-31: New Apple TV Rumors, Google Defies France
- 10:42 AM
- Google Stands Up to France, Refuses Global “Right to be Forgotten” Order
- 8:56 AM
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Turning Off Reachability
- Thu,6:43 PM
- New Apple TV Hardware Reportedly Coming in September
- 5:10 PM
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Released for Mac and Linux
- 4:51 PM
- Safari Offers Longer Battery Life than Chrome or Firefox
- 3:10 PM
- How to Use Siri on Apple Watch to Create Immediate Countdown Timer