Vivastar Comes to the US, Announces DVD-R Drives
MWNY - Vivastar Comes to the US, Announces DVD-R Drives
by , 12:00 PM EDT, July 19th, 2001
Vivastar is a Swiss company, new to both MACWORLD and the US market. Born in May 1997, they started in the DVD and CD recording media business. But now they've decided to get into the DVD-R market with their own line of DVD-R recorders.
Their first model, the RS-121, is an external recorder with 1x/2x write performance, and 4x read performance. It sports an unusual, spaceship look, with blue and silver colors. It can store up to 4.7GB of data on a disc, and will have a retail price of $899. The second model, the RS-111, has specs identical to the RS-121, but will have a retail price of $799. Both units will support SCSI and FireWire interfaces.
Both drives can write the 4.7GB DVD-R media, and can also read 4.7GB DVD-R, DVD-Video and DVD-ROM discs. The drives should be available in August, 2001.
The Mac Observer Spin:It is great to see another newcomer to MACWORLD. With Swiss quality being legendary (at least with watches) we can't wait to see how these drives stack up against other players in the market.
- Tue,9:55 AM
- Apple Drops Samsung Patent Appeal, Ends Injunction Push
- 8:46 AM
- Retina MacBook Pro gets Faster Processors, More RAM
- Mon,10:20 PM
- Beats Music Adds More User Controls to iOS App, Including ‘Tune Your Taste’
- 9:48 PM
- Facebook Forces iPhone Users To Separate Messaging App
- 7:56 PM
- Blockchain.info Brings Bitcoin Wallet App Back to App Store
- 6:56 PM
- ‘Another One Bites The Dust’ Played Using Disk Drives
- 5:57 PM
- Lord & Taylor, Hudson’s Bay Company Deploy iBeacons in Stores
- 5:18 PM
- The Mac Mastery Training Bundle: $29
- 4:39 PM
- Hilton to Turn Your iPhone into Your Hotel Room Key
- 3:55 PM
- OS X Yosemite: What Does That Little Green Button do NOW?
- 2:02 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-28
- 10:55 AM
- Apple Ready to Buy Swell Talk Show App in $30M Deal