Site Dedicated To Bringing X Window Apps To OS X
MWNY - Site Dedicated To Bringing X Window Apps To OS X
by , 10:00 AM EDT, July 20th, 2001
There is a new site dedicated to bringing great Open Source software to Mac OS X, OpenOSX. OpenOSX has compiled a number of high quality Open Source, X Window apps for OS X and bundled them on a CD with a simple installer application. For those that want to try out some great Unix software but are intimidated by the command line, this is the place for you. According to OpenOSX:
OpenOSX.com is celebrating Macworld coinciding with their Grand Opening by offering free shipping and handling within the continental United States via Priority Mail, a five dollar value. The offer is valid for all purchases placed until the 2001 Macworld New York Exposition closes this Friday the 20th of July.
OpenOSX.com is a new business dedicated to serve the budding Mac OS X community. Our products, now shipping on CD, install and fully configure all necessary libraries, programs and files to have the user up and running the World's most powerful and stable UNIX-based software without typing a single "UNIX" command.
"Our products are for Macintosh users who can benefit from the power of UNIX applications without having to learn UNIX. Instead our users may spend their precious time learning what counts - using the world-class software," says owner Jeshua Lacock. Regular Macintosh "Users" and "System Administrators" alike will find our products offer a huge savings in time and effort.
Our Gimp, Grass and Xfree86 products will install and configure the newest available version of Xfree86 4.1.99, (A graphical user interface) combined with the Orobus Window manager's "Agua Theme". Offering an authentic "Aqua" like experience complete with drop shadows (please see our web-site address below for screenshots). All OpenOSX products ship with installation support for one machine.
We at OpenOSX realize that software is constantly updated (especially open source software), so we have created an optional subscription service for our current and future products. Ensuring that our user's systems stay current economically. Owner Jeshua Lacock says "the service is much like having a UNIX system administrator delivered on CD resulting in a huge savings in time, frustration and money." OpenOSX.com was created following the success and popularity of our Gimp 1.2.1 and Grass 5.0b11 CD's, originally sold by our sister company, SierraMaps.com.
You can find more information about their full line of products at the OpenOSX Web site.
- Tue,7:54 PM
- Game of War: How to Play and Win a Casino Event
- 5:46 PM
- Jeff’s Comprehensive Mac Backup Guide
- 5:20 PM
- Add Up to 128GB of Storage to Your Macbook With The Nifty Drive: $32.99
- 3:15 PM
- The New Microsoft Surface 3 Tablet Hits the Mark
- 1:40 PM
- Satechi 10 Port Premium Aluminum USB 3 Hub Includes Charging Ports
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-31: Tidal’s Entry into the Streaming Music Game
- 11:55 AM
- Amazon Wants to Turn You Home into a Web Store with Dash Buttons
- 11:05 AM
- Adonit, Evernote Intro Higher Precision Jot Script 2 iPad Stylus
- 9:14 AM
- Facebook is Tracking You Even if You Don’t Have an Account
- Mon,9:12 PM
- Musicians Launch ‘Tidal’ Streaming Music Service to Reestablish Value of Music
- 8:40 PM
- Apple Retail Expands Trade-Ins to Non-Apple Phones
- 7:13 PM
- ifoAppleStore Calls it Quits, ‘My Work Is Done’