LaCie Ships 110GB Tape Drive
MWNY - LaCie Ships 110GB Tape Drive
by , 2:00 PM EDT, July 20th, 2001
LaCie has announced that they are now shipping a 110GB Tape Drive backup solution. The Super DLT Tape Drive features data transfer rates of 11MB/second, and is bundled with Dantz Retrospect to provide an easy and complete storage solution. According to LaCie:
LaCie, the industry leader in delivering the fastest and most reliable high-capacity tape backup solutions, announced today that it is now shipping its new Super DLT220 (Digital Linear Tape) drive. Incorporating breakthrough SuperDLT linear recording technology, the Super DLT220 drive provides a native capacity of 110GB (220GB compressed) and a lightning-fast transfer rate of 11MB/sec
In addition to offering almost three times the capacity of existing DLT tape drives, the LaCie Super DLT drive is almost 75% faster. These capabilities, plus rock-solid reliability and the convenience of not having to pre-format media, give current DLT tape drive users compelling reasons to upgrade to the new Super DLTtape drive. To simplify the transition, the drive is designed to provide backward-read compatibility with DLTtape 4000, 7000 or 8000 series and the DLT1drives.
The LaCie drive's higher capacity and improved throughput were achieved through advances in magnetic tape technology. Unlike traditional magnetic servo tape products which must reserve part of the front side of the media for servo activity, the Super DLTtape system embeds this head locating information on the tape's unused back side so 100% of the front side of the media can be used for data recording.
Designed to minimize tape tension and wear, the LaCie SuperDLTtape drive offers a head life of 30,000 hours, a 250,000-hour MTBF at 100% duty cycle, and 1,000,000-pass media durability.
The Super DLT 220 is available for US$4,999. You can find more information at LaCie's Web site.
- Tue,6:40 PM
- Apple’s Tim Cook Says iPad Sales Behind IBM Partnership
- 6:20 PM
- Apple: iTunes is the Fastest Growing Part of Our Business
- 5:23 PM
- Apple to Shareholders: You get 47 Cents!
- 4:35 PM
- Apple Posts Record June Quarter and 20% EPS Growth [Update]
- 3:27 PM
- MacSparky Field Guide: Presentations Released
- 2:37 PM
- Universal Car Mount w/360 Degree Adjustable Fit for $14
- 2:21 PM
- Petition Demands Samsung Improve Factory Conditions, 40K Signatures
- 1:33 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-22
- 11:16 AM
- Samsung’s Ad Message: It’s Time for New Marketing Tactics
- 10:18 AM
- AAPL Q3 2014 Earnings Report Set for Tuesday Afternoon
- 9:50 AM
- Netflix Adds Post-Play Feature to Apple TV
- 12:36 AM
- ‘Stickers’ Apple Commercial Highlights User Love for MacBook Air