LaCie Ships 110GB Tape Drive
MWNY - LaCie Ships 110GB Tape Drive
by , 2:00 PM EDT, July 20th, 2001
LaCie has announced that they are now shipping a 110GB Tape Drive backup solution. The Super DLT Tape Drive features data transfer rates of 11MB/second, and is bundled with Dantz Retrospect to provide an easy and complete storage solution. According to LaCie:
LaCie, the industry leader in delivering the fastest and most reliable high-capacity tape backup solutions, announced today that it is now shipping its new Super DLT220 (Digital Linear Tape) drive. Incorporating breakthrough SuperDLT linear recording technology, the Super DLT220 drive provides a native capacity of 110GB (220GB compressed) and a lightning-fast transfer rate of 11MB/sec
In addition to offering almost three times the capacity of existing DLT tape drives, the LaCie Super DLT drive is almost 75% faster. These capabilities, plus rock-solid reliability and the convenience of not having to pre-format media, give current DLT tape drive users compelling reasons to upgrade to the new Super DLTtape drive. To simplify the transition, the drive is designed to provide backward-read compatibility with DLTtape 4000, 7000 or 8000 series and the DLT1drives.
The LaCie drive's higher capacity and improved throughput were achieved through advances in magnetic tape technology. Unlike traditional magnetic servo tape products which must reserve part of the front side of the media for servo activity, the Super DLTtape system embeds this head locating information on the tape's unused back side so 100% of the front side of the media can be used for data recording.
Designed to minimize tape tension and wear, the LaCie SuperDLTtape drive offers a head life of 30,000 hours, a 250,000-hour MTBF at 100% duty cycle, and 1,000,000-pass media durability.
The Super DLT 220 is available for US$4,999. You can find more information at LaCie's Web site.
- Fri,5:31 PM
- Google, Samsung can’t Top Apple’s Unreleased Apple Watch
- 5:10 PM
- Report: Apple Pay is Disrupting and Transforming Mobile Payments
- 4:04 PM
- Apple Raises Prices in Russian App Store Amidst Ruble Meltdown
- 3:55 PM
- The Unexpected Ways Apple Watch Will Crush the Competition
- 2:29 PM
- 6-Ft MFi-Certified iOS Lightning and micro USB Convertible Charging Cable: $21
- 1:41 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-19
- 11:02 AM
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Calls BS on BBC iPhone Factory Film
- 9:11 AM
- McDonald’s Supersizes Sales with Apple’s iBeacon Tech
- Thu,8:09 PM
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- 6:20 PM
- Save 96% on The World’s Largest iOS 8 + Swift eLearning Bootcamp
- 5:30 PM
- Apple Pay Expansion Worldwide Will Have Vast Repercussions
- 2:07 PM
- The Story Behind Apple’s ‘The Song’ Commercial (Video)