More Star Wars ASCII Art Than You Can Shake A Lightsaber At
Cool Waste Of Time - More Star Wars ASCII Art Than You Can Shake A Lightsaber At
by , 9:00 AM EDT, September 7th, 2001
Nine months ago we linked to a Star Wars ASCII movie that was simply unbelievable. Unfortunately, the site that hosted the movie seems to be gone. On the other hand, TMO forum mod David Nelson found a site full of nothing but Star Wars ASCII art. There are 101 different images on this site and almost all of them are worth checking out. It's easy to do so, because the images are all text, hence the term ASCII art, so the page loads up swiftly. From the Web site:
Pictures by Lennert Stock (LS), Rowan Crawford (-Row), Joe Rumsey, Raymond E Brunner, Bob VanderClay, Jussi Hannula, Adam Bender, Philip James Powell and B.D.S. "Don" McConnell (-Don). The pictures work best with a black background and a white foreground, except for some characters which work better vice versa, with a not too fancy font.
We took screen shots of six of the images to give you a taste, click on the images to see larger versions, but don't think this is a substitute for the real site.
Thanks to David Nelson for his help with this article. If you know of a Cool Waste of Time, let us know so we can share it everyone else.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Sun,4:17 PM
- MGG 591: If You Had a JBOD Would You Hold It Against Us?
- Fri,5:30 PM
- Ghostbusters Reboot gets its Own LEGO Kit
- 4:55 PM
- Man Ties String to iPhone and Films Ski Run (Video)
- 4:45 PM
- What To Do When Your Apple Watch Tells You NOT to Eat the Candy Bar
- 2:56 PM
- ‘Star Wars’ as a Grindhouse Trailer
- 2:29 PM
- The iPad Pro and Apple Pencil Giveaway
- 1:26 PM
- Apple to Supreme Court: You can Skip Samsung’s Patent Appeal
- 1:16 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-05: Streaming the Super Bowl, Time Machine’s Failure
- 10:57 AM
- Want to Watch the Super Bowl on Your iPad for Free? There’s an App for That
- 9:33 AM
- Final Cut Pro X Adds 4K Video Export for Apple Devices
- 8:55 AM
- iOS: That Stupid [Bleep] Siri and Its [Bleep] Nicknames