Apple Pushes Hype Envelope, Bills Expo As "This One Is Big. Even By Our Standards."
MWSF - Apple Pushes Hype Envelope, Bills Expo As "This One Is Big. Even By Our Standards."
by , 5:00 PM EST, December 31st, 2001
Apple has bumped up the hype about MACWORLD San Francisco an order of magnitude by posting a rather suggestive message on its Web site. The company has replaced its normal product advertising with a countdown to MACWORLD San Francisco that includes this phrase "(X) days to Macworld [sic] San Francisco. This one is big. Even by our standards." A screen shot from Apple's Web site:
Click the thumbnail for a larger version, or visit Apple's Web site to see it yourself.
The Mac Observer Spin:We have seen that Apple has been stepping up the hype for its own events in the last 6 months, but this one really takes the cake. The company is not likely to risk disappointing the press (at whom this little campaign is actually aimed) or the public by crying wolf, but we'll know next week. New towers? This new consumer device? Perhaps a new iMac? The rumors are flying and Apple has all but ensured that they will continue to do so for the next 7 days. We have a dandy discussion on this subject in the TMO forums, feel free to join in.
- Wed, 8:25 AM
- Mavericks: Use Maps to See Traffic and Alerts
- Tue, 6:28 PM
- The Mimimalist Aluminum RADIUS iPhone 5/5s Case
- 5:25 PM
- LaCie Warns Customers of Year-Long Credit Card Breach
- 4:54 PM
- Time Machine Bug In Mavericks with Secondary Monitor - How to Fix It
- 3:20 PM
- Rapoo E2700 Keyboard Includes Touchpad
- 2:30 PM
- Microsoft Word for iPad Gets Touch Word Processing (Mostly) Right
- 2:20 PM
- Amazon Smartphone Rumors Now Include Photos
- 11:54 AM
- Pioneer Gets in on Aftermarket Apple CarPlay
- 10:13 AM
- Report Says LG Making 9M Flexible iWatch Displays
- 9:07 AM
- Antitrust Monitor Pleased with Apple’s Cooperation
- Mon, 11:11 PM
- Entry-Level Bitcoin Mining Gear for Mac, Windows, and Linux [Update]
- 6:24 PM
- David Fincher Out of ‘Steve Jobs’ Movie Due to ‘Ridiculous’ Fees