Apple Pushes Hype Envelope, Bills Expo As "This One Is Big. Even By Our Standards."
MWSF - Apple Pushes Hype Envelope, Bills Expo As "This One Is Big. Even By Our Standards."
by , 5:00 PM EST, December 31st, 2001
Apple has bumped up the hype about MACWORLD San Francisco an order of magnitude by posting a rather suggestive message on its Web site. The company has replaced its normal product advertising with a countdown to MACWORLD San Francisco that includes this phrase "(X) days to Macworld [sic] San Francisco. This one is big. Even by our standards." A screen shot from Apple's Web site:
Click the thumbnail for a larger version, or visit Apple's Web site to see it yourself.
The Mac Observer Spin:We have seen that Apple has been stepping up the hype for its own events in the last 6 months, but this one really takes the cake. The company is not likely to risk disappointing the press (at whom this little campaign is actually aimed) or the public by crying wolf, but we'll know next week. New towers? This new consumer device? Perhaps a new iMac? The rumors are flying and Apple has all but ensured that they will continue to do so for the next 7 days. We have a dandy discussion on this subject in the TMO forums, feel free to join in.
- Fri,8:00 AM
- Happy U.S. Independence Day
- 1:38 AM
- Apple Posts San Francisco Pride 2015 Video
- Thu,8:51 PM
- Mpow 3-Port Intelligent Car Charger: $13.99
- 8:44 PM
- Apple Loses iBooks Antitrust Appeal in Split Decision
- 5:00 PM
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- 3:04 PM
- Apple’s New Design Bosses Report to Tim Cook, not Jony Ive
- 2:01 PM
- 3 Great iPhone Cables for Travel
- 1:39 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-02: Coping with iCloud Music Library’s Problems
- 10:58 AM
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- 8:59 AM
- How To Add Nickname, Photo to Apple Music Profile
- Wed,9:40 PM
- ACM 313: Apple Music First Impressions, Steve Jobs Movie Trailer
- 5:15 PM
- OS X: How to Create Custom Radio Stations in iTunes 12.2