Apple Pushes Hype Envelope, Bills Expo As "This One Is Big. Even By Our Standards."
MWSF - Apple Pushes Hype Envelope, Bills Expo As "This One Is Big. Even By Our Standards."
by , 5:00 PM EST, December 31st, 2001
Apple has bumped up the hype about MACWORLD San Francisco an order of magnitude by posting a rather suggestive message on its Web site. The company has replaced its normal product advertising with a countdown to MACWORLD San Francisco that includes this phrase "(X) days to Macworld [sic] San Francisco. This one is big. Even by our standards." A screen shot from Apple's Web site:
Click the thumbnail for a larger version, or visit Apple's Web site to see it yourself.
The Mac Observer Spin:We have seen that Apple has been stepping up the hype for its own events in the last 6 months, but this one really takes the cake. The company is not likely to risk disappointing the press (at whom this little campaign is actually aimed) or the public by crying wolf, but we'll know next week. New towers? This new consumer device? Perhaps a new iMac? The rumors are flying and Apple has all but ensured that they will continue to do so for the next 7 days. We have a dandy discussion on this subject in the TMO forums, feel free to join in.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,9:26 AM
- Amazon Feedback Says Prime Video Coming to Apple TV
- Fri,7:26 PM
- $100 off iPad mini 4 for Black Friday
- 7:11 PM
- iPad mini 2 for $199 at Walmart for Black Friday
- 6:18 PM
- $100 and $125 off iPad Air 2 for Black Friday from Best Buy
- 5:23 PM
- 20% iTunes Cards from Best Buy Back on for Black Friday
- 5:15 PM
- 20% Off iTunes Cards from Ebay/PayPal
- 8:03 AM
- Black Friday Blowout 15% Discount on TMO Deals
- Thu,10:32 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,7:53 PM
- Awaken the Force with these Free Star Wars Apps
- 5:28 PM
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- 4:40 PM
- Pay What You Want for the Learn to Code Bundle