Apple Pushes Hype Envelope, Bills Expo As "This One Is Big. Even By Our Standards."
MWSF - Apple Pushes Hype Envelope, Bills Expo As "This One Is Big. Even By Our Standards."
by , 5:00 PM EST, December 31st, 2001
Apple has bumped up the hype about MACWORLD San Francisco an order of magnitude by posting a rather suggestive message on its Web site. The company has replaced its normal product advertising with a countdown to MACWORLD San Francisco that includes this phrase "(X) days to Macworld [sic] San Francisco. This one is big. Even by our standards." A screen shot from Apple's Web site:
Click the thumbnail for a larger version, or visit Apple's Web site to see it yourself.
The Mac Observer Spin:We have seen that Apple has been stepping up the hype for its own events in the last 6 months, but this one really takes the cake. The company is not likely to risk disappointing the press (at whom this little campaign is actually aimed) or the public by crying wolf, but we'll know next week. New towers? This new consumer device? Perhaps a new iMac? The rumors are flying and Apple has all but ensured that they will continue to do so for the next 7 days. We have a dandy discussion on this subject in the TMO forums, feel free to join in.
- Sun,11:42 AM
- MGG 520: Wrapping Up Tech Week With iOS 8 & More
- Sat,7:27 PM
- Fun Rant about Those Who Claim Apple is the Copier
- 12:27 PM
- How to Make Your iPhone 6 Work with Your AT&T MicroCell
- Fri,7:51 PM
- iOS 8 App Store Bundles Explained
- 7:23 PM
- WSJ Lines Up Tim Cook to Kick Off Inaugural WSJDLive Conference
- 5:42 PM
- Learn Apple’s New Swift Programming Language for $19
- 5:00 PM
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus - the Word That Shall Not be Spoken: Phablet
- 1:44 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-19
- 11:20 AM
- Launch Day Survey Says iPhone 6 Plus is the Go-to Choice
- 10:35 AM
- AT&T’s Next Plan May be the Cheapest Way to Buy an iPhone, Despite the Hype
- 6:40 AM
- iOS 8: How to Change Safari’s Default Search Provider to DuckDuckGo
- 2:45 AM
- First iPhone 6 Sold in Perth Dropped by Kid During TV Interview