Apple Pushes Hype Envelope, Bills Expo As "This One Is Big. Even By Our Standards."
MWSF - Apple Pushes Hype Envelope, Bills Expo As "This One Is Big. Even By Our Standards."
by , 5:00 PM EST, December 31st, 2001
Apple has bumped up the hype about MACWORLD San Francisco an order of magnitude by posting a rather suggestive message on its Web site. The company has replaced its normal product advertising with a countdown to MACWORLD San Francisco that includes this phrase "(X) days to Macworld [sic] San Francisco. This one is big. Even by our standards." A screen shot from Apple's Web site:
Click the thumbnail for a larger version, or visit Apple's Web site to see it yourself.
The Mac Observer Spin:We have seen that Apple has been stepping up the hype for its own events in the last 6 months, but this one really takes the cake. The company is not likely to risk disappointing the press (at whom this little campaign is actually aimed) or the public by crying wolf, but we'll know next week. New towers? This new consumer device? Perhaps a new iMac? The rumors are flying and Apple has all but ensured that they will continue to do so for the next 7 days. We have a dandy discussion on this subject in the TMO forums, feel free to join in.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Tue,6:29 PM
- ‘IPHONE’ Trademark Fight Illustrates Apple’s Headwinds in China
- 5:25 PM
- Drone Ballet Show at Mt. Fuji - Beautiful Performance and Music
- 5:16 PM
- Last Chance for Scrivener 2 at $22.50
- 3:30 PM
- Apple’s Tim Cook is Playing a Very Smart Game With Apple Watch
- 2:22 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-03: Privacy Criminals, Cheap iTunes Gift Cards
- 8:00 AM
- Apple’s Failure to Scale
- Mon,6:42 PM
- TMO’s Guide to Buying Discounted iTunes Cards
- 5:45 PM
- Comcast Talks About Terabyte Data Caps & More
- 5:12 PM
- Bob LeVitus Will Present at SMMUG in Colorado Springs on May 9th
- 4:27 PM
- Blumoo Bluetooth Universal Remote: $52.99
- 4:18 PM
- iPhone Controlled Air Conditioner Looks, and is, Cool