Personalize Your PowerMac With Some Skinz
From The Expo Floor - Personalize Your PowerMac With Some Skinz
by , 3:30 PM EST, January 10th, 2002
Looking back to the introduction of the original iMac, the choice of colors no doubt influenced the popularity of the machine. However, there is no way to make such a statement with a PowerMac G3 or PowerMac G4. Until now. We had a chance to speak with Doug Griffith of AppleSkinz, who were debuting their PowerMac personalization product at this week's MacWorld Expo.
AppleSkinz are polycarbonate covers which let you add some pizzazz to your PowerMac G3 or PowerMac G4 computer. They caught our attention during our MacWorld Expo Photo Tour, where we'll take a picture of anything that catches our eye. And with the variety of designs that these folks offer, we're sure you'll agree that they'll catch just about anyone's eye.
The skinz are priced from $30 to $100 a pair, with a special introductory price of $50 a pair until the end of January 2002. They attach to the case of your PowerMac with adhesive strips that keep the skinz firmly attached, but can be removed with a little effort. Plus, owners of the new iMac, as well as iBook owners, can look forward to having AppleSkinz available for their machines within the next few months.
The Mac Observer Spin:These are so cool, your need to wear gloves when you touch them. In fact, two of our staff members actually *caught* a cold just from standing too close to the darn things. We smell "Best of Show," but you didn't hear it here. Now we can simply hope that the company can bring this concept to other Apple product lines.
- Thu,8:09 PM
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- 6:20 PM
- Save 96% on The World’s Largest iOS 8 + Swift eLearning Bootcamp
- 5:30 PM
- Apple Job Posting Suggests Worldwide Expansion of Apple Pay
- 2:07 PM
- The Story Behind Apple’s ‘The Song’ Commercial (Video)
- 1:43 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-18
- 11:29 AM
- iOS 8 Mail: Customizing Swipe Gestures
- 9:08 AM
- Apple Raises $20M in 2014 Product (RED) Campaign
- Wed,5:50 PM
- Hit List 2.0 Task Manager Checks Off Syncing, iPhone 6 Interface
- 5:44 PM
- ACM 285: Apple’s iPod Lawsuit Victory and Tag Heuer’s Smart Watch Plans
- 5:20 PM
- STM Harbour iPhone 6 Case is Colorful, Lightweight and Inexpensive
- 5:16 PM
- Register for TMO’s Apple Watch Giveaway
- 4:15 PM
- Apple Pay: a List of Brick-and-Mortar Stores That Accept it