New Graphics Boards From ATI Tech
New Graphics Boards From ATI Tech
by , 3:00 PM EST, January 9th, 2002
ATI Technologies has released two new graphics boards for the Mac today. The RADEON 8500 MAC EDITION ships with core clock speed of 250 MHz and 64 MB of DDR memory and is designed for intensive graphics apps. The RADEON 7000 MAC EDITION designed for older Macs needing a performance boost, features 32MB of DDR memory for improved 2D and 3D capabilities. According to ATI Technologies:
ATI Technologies Inc., a world leader in the supply of graphics, video and multimedia solutions, today introduced the RADEON 8500 MAC EDITION graphics board, based on ATIs feature-rich and innovative RADEON 8500 GPU (graphics processing unit).
The RADEON 8500 retail graphics board for the Mac platform, featuring a core clock speed of 250 MHz and a memory clock speed of 275 MHz, as well as 64 MB of DDR memory, will power users through graphics intensive business applications or the most challenging games on the market. The RADEON 8500 Mac Edition delivers up to 25 percent higher performance than the nearest competitive product (1).
ATI Technologies Inc., a world leader in the supply of graphics, video and multimedia solutions, today introduced the RADEON 7000 MAC EDITION, a mainstream graphics solution for Apple users featuring dual display support and hardware acceleration for Mac OS X.
The RADEON 7000 MAC EDITION is ideally suited to users with older Power Mac systems wishing to increase their display real estate, update their graphics capability or increase their overall system performance. It also enables newer, AGP-based Power Mac owners to add one or more displays to their systems using one of the available PCI slots.
Featuring 32MB of DDR memory and ATIs PIXEL TAPESTRY and HYPER Z technologies, the RADEON 7000 MAC EDITION delivers excellent 2D and 3D performance. Additional ATI features such as VIDEO IMMERSION and hardware acceleration of OpenGL® and QuickTime® under Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X, ensure that the RADEON 7000 MAC EDITION delivers excellent value for its price range, and meets the evolving needs of the mainstream PCI Mac market.
You can find more information about the RADEON 8500 MAC EDITION and the RADEON 7000 MAC EDITION at the ATI Web site. The RADEON 8500 will be available in February for US$299.00, and the RADEON 7000 is available for US$129.00.
- Fri,1:10 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-06: Mac GateKeeper Security Flaw, Apple’s Same-sex Marriage Support
- 1:09 PM
- BlueVIBE EXS+ Wrap-Around Bluetooth Headphones - $19.99 (Today Only)
- 11:24 AM
- Apple, other Companies Push Supreme Court for Same-sex Marriage Support
- 10:00 AM
- Dow Jones Industrial Average Drops AT&T for Apple
- 9:14 AM
- Apple Watch isn’t Here Yet, but the Fart Apps Are
- 8:55 AM
- OS X Photos Beta: Scrubbing Through Thumbnails
- Thu,8:36 PM
- How to Print Envelopes from Contacts on Your Mac
- 7:04 PM
- The Ultra-Premium Mac Bundle Extended for One Week at $44.99
- 5:59 PM
- Apple Will Pull Aperture this Spring, But It Will Continue to Work
- 3:40 PM
- Apple’s OS X Gatekeeper Leaves Hole Open for Malware and Adware - Here’s How to Protect Your Mac
- 3:30 PM
- China Forcing Apple to Choose: Customer Privacy or Revenue
- 1:46 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-05: iPad Pro Design Rumors, HBO Now for Apple TV