David Bowie's iPod, TiBooks On TV, & Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mac Sightings - David Bowie's iPod, TiBooks On TV, & Arnold Schwarzenegger
by , 11:00 AM EST, February 15th, 2002
Observer Randy Souther was reading David Bowie's journal and came across this piece of glowing praise for our favorite little music player. Nope, he's not a crazed stalker fan - you can read Bowie's journal at his Web site. On January 10th, two days after his 55th birthday, Bowie writes -
I wished and wished and then I wished again and there it was. From the wife, my iPod. Oh, happy day. I can't wait to give it a test run. I've already listed over seven hundred or so songs to gunge it up with.A month later, and I'm sure he's gunged it up good and proper. iPod owners, we're in good company.
Meanwhile, our correspondent-on-the-couch Michael Superczynski spotted TiBooks on the tube:
The CBS drama CSI (Crime Scene Investigation) showed one of the investigators using a TiBook to analyze the reflection in the eye of a person thought to the victim of a sexual abuse incident.Product? There was a product?
The CBS comedy Ellen has shown her sitting at her desk using a TiBook.
I have also seen the TiBook in a TV commercial for some kind of medicine. I don't remember which so I guess the ad didn't work too well.
Keen-eyed projectionist and all-round good guy, Andrew Zima, wrote in to let us know about the new Schwarzenegger actioner, Collateral Damage. Andrew got this sneak preview while checking the print for bad sound and scratches:
If you watch closely you can spot Macs through the whole movie. Several older Studio Displays (the ones that look like iMacs) and several G3 Powerbooks (including the one Arnold uses to surf the web to find out about the Terrorists that killed his family). There are also several screenshots of the Mac OS in use during a scene where a witness is looking at shots of various buildings. Keep in mind most of these are quick shots so if you blink you might miss them.Sounds like another one to bolster last week's Good Guys Use Macs theory. Given recent events, this one's going to be super-popular, and should make for a lot of exposure.
Thanks, Andrew, Michael and Randy. If you've seen Macs making headlines, it'd be great to let me know!
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,6:42 PM
- TMO’s Guide to Buying Discounted iTunes Cards
- 5:45 PM
- Comcast Talks About Terabyte Data Caps & More
- 5:12 PM
- Bob LeVitus Will Present at SMMUG in Colorado Springs on May 9th
- 4:27 PM
- Blumoo Bluetooth Universal Remote: $52.99
- 4:18 PM
- iPhone Controlled Air Conditioner Looks, and is, Cool
- 3:00 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Intel Fellow Dr. Bruce Horn
- 1:55 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-02: Apple’s Next Big Thing, Icahn’s $AAPL Selloff
- 10:53 AM
- FBI Shows Fingerprints and Touch ID Aren’t Warrant-proof
- Sun,12:15 PM
- MGG 603: Pronunciation, Rants and The Joy of a Smaller Phone
- Fri,6:10 PM
- An Open Letter to Phil Schiller about iPhones, iPads, and Macs
- 5:30 PM
- New Products Apple Might Give Us While We Wait for the Car