Apple Releases Jaguar Update: 10.2.1 Includes Mail, Networking, Security, & Other Performance En
Apple Releases Jaguar Update: 10.2.1 Includes Mail, Networking, Security, & Other Performance Enhancements
by , 4:30 PM EDT, September 18th, 2002
Apple has released an update to Jaguar, bringing Mac OS X to version 10.2.1. The update comes less than a month after Jaguar was released, and addresses several areas, including security, networking, and more peripheral support. From the installation notes in Software Update Control Panel:
The 10.2.1 Update delivers enhancements and improvements to the following applications, technologies and components: Mail, Image Capture, Help Viewer, graphics, printing, networking, Rendezvous, Kerberos, USB, FireWire, SCSI device compatibility and includes additional Digital Hub peripheral device support.
For detailed information on this Update, please visit http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n107036.
The link included above does not work as of this writing. We will update this article with any relevant information when it does. You can download the update through the Software Update Control Panel. The update weighs in at 16.8 MB
The Mac Observer Spin:We are happy to see Apple release an update of this nature so swiftly after the release of Jaguar. Some Mac users get tense with frequent updates, but we see them as a demonstration of Apple's commitment to dealing with issues that crop up in Mac OS X as they arrive. This is especially true with security related issues, such as the improvements to Kerberos.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,10:42 PM
- Google Brings Higher Resolution Satellite Imagery to Google Earth and Maps
- 9:10 PM
- Google Bloks Will Offer Kids Hands-On, Collaborative Programming Concepts
- 8:44 PM
- PRE-SALE: The Complete iOS 10 Developer Course at $29
- 5:15 PM
- Game Foul: Ford Dealership Steals Firewatch Art
- 5:04 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Symply Co-founder and President Alex Grossman
- 3:20 PM
- iPhone 7 Sans Headphone Jack: The Debate Continues
- 1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?