Apple Releases Jaguar Update: 10.2.1 Includes Mail, Networking, Security, & Other Performance En
Apple Releases Jaguar Update: 10.2.1 Includes Mail, Networking, Security, & Other Performance Enhancements
by , 4:30 PM EDT, September 18th, 2002
Apple has released an update to Jaguar, bringing Mac OS X to version 10.2.1. The update comes less than a month after Jaguar was released, and addresses several areas, including security, networking, and more peripheral support. From the installation notes in Software Update Control Panel:
The 10.2.1 Update delivers enhancements and improvements to the following applications, technologies and components: Mail, Image Capture, Help Viewer, graphics, printing, networking, Rendezvous, Kerberos, USB, FireWire, SCSI device compatibility and includes additional Digital Hub peripheral device support.
For detailed information on this Update, please visit http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n107036.
The link included above does not work as of this writing. We will update this article with any relevant information when it does. You can download the update through the Software Update Control Panel. The update weighs in at 16.8 MB
The Mac Observer Spin:We are happy to see Apple release an update of this nature so swiftly after the release of Jaguar. Some Mac users get tense with frequent updates, but we see them as a demonstration of Apple's commitment to dealing with issues that crop up in Mac OS X as they arrive. This is especially true with security related issues, such as the improvements to Kerberos.
- Sun,8:14 PM
- MGG 532: Blowin’ Up The Spammers!
- 7:45 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 52 Website Faucets that Really Pay [Update]
- Fri,5:31 PM
- Google, Samsung can’t Top Apple’s Unreleased Apple Watch
- 5:10 PM
- Report: Apple Pay is Disrupting and Transforming Mobile Payments
- 4:04 PM
- Apple Raises Prices in Russian App Store Amidst Ruble Meltdown
- 3:55 PM
- The Unexpected Ways Apple Watch Will Crush the Competition
- 2:29 PM
- 6-Ft MFi-Certified iOS Lightning and micro USB Convertible Charging Cable: $21
- 1:41 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-19
- 11:02 AM
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Calls BS on BBC iPhone Factory Film
- 9:11 AM
- McDonald’s Supersizes Sales with Apple’s iBeacon Tech
- Thu,8:09 PM
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- 6:20 PM
- Save 96% on The World’s Largest iOS 8 + Swift eLearning Bootcamp