Apple Releases Jaguar Update: 10.2.1 Includes Mail, Networking, Security, & Other Performance En
Apple Releases Jaguar Update: 10.2.1 Includes Mail, Networking, Security, & Other Performance Enhancements
by , 4:30 PM EDT, September 18th, 2002
Apple has released an update to Jaguar, bringing Mac OS X to version 10.2.1. The update comes less than a month after Jaguar was released, and addresses several areas, including security, networking, and more peripheral support. From the installation notes in Software Update Control Panel:
The 10.2.1 Update delivers enhancements and improvements to the following applications, technologies and components: Mail, Image Capture, Help Viewer, graphics, printing, networking, Rendezvous, Kerberos, USB, FireWire, SCSI device compatibility and includes additional Digital Hub peripheral device support.
For detailed information on this Update, please visit http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n107036.
The link included above does not work as of this writing. We will update this article with any relevant information when it does. You can download the update through the Software Update Control Panel. The update weighs in at 16.8 MB
The Mac Observer Spin:We are happy to see Apple release an update of this nature so swiftly after the release of Jaguar. Some Mac users get tense with frequent updates, but we see them as a demonstration of Apple's commitment to dealing with issues that crop up in Mac OS X as they arrive. This is especially true with security related issues, such as the improvements to Kerberos.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:26 PM
- $100 off iPad mini 4 for Black Friday
- 7:11 PM
- iPad mini 2 for $199 at Walmart for Black Friday
- 6:18 PM
- $100 and $125 off iPad Air 2 for Black Friday from Best Buy
- 5:23 PM
- 20% iTunes Cards from Best Buy Back on for Black Friday
- 5:15 PM
- 20% Off iTunes Cards from Ebay/PayPal
- 8:03 AM
- Black Friday Blowout 15% Discount on TMO Deals
- Thu,10:32 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,7:53 PM
- Awaken the Force with these Free Star Wars Apps
- 5:28 PM
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- 4:40 PM
- Pay What You Want for the Learn to Code Bundle
- 4:27 PM
- ACM 334: Apple’s Mac Pro vs. The Devil’s Advocate