Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
MWSF 2003 - Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 9th, 2003
Apple today released QuickTime 6.1, an update to it's multimedia architecture. Software Update lists the following changes:
QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.
Enhancements include the following:
- MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
- AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
- DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
- QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.
The update is currently available via the Software Update pane of the System Preferences in Mac OS X 10.2.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,7:25 PM
- How to Trace Drawings and Photos on Your iPad Pro
- 7:10 PM
- CompTIA-IT Certification Career Advancement Bundle: $59
- 5:50 PM
- Jeremy Clarkson’s Video Pitches Amazon Prime Air
- 5:26 PM
- MGG 581: Hints and Allegations for Cyber Monday
- 3:55 PM
- NSA Ends Bulk Phone Record Collection
- 3:42 PM
- One Analyst Thinks Apple Had Best Black Friday ‘in Its Entire History’
- 3:00 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Naomi Pearce From Pearce Communications
- 2:09 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-11-30: NSA Data Collection Changes, Amazon Instant Video on Apple TV
- 1:47 PM
- Apple Music Beta Comes to Sonos on December 15th
- 10:27 AM
- Apple Sued for Wiping iPhone Data at Genius Bar
- 9:26 AM
- Amazon Feedback Says Prime Video Coming to Apple TV