Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
MWSF 2003 - Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 9th, 2003
Apple today released QuickTime 6.1, an update to it's multimedia architecture. Software Update lists the following changes:
QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.
Enhancements include the following:
- MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
- AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
- DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
- QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.
The update is currently available via the Software Update pane of the System Preferences in Mac OS X 10.2.
- Tue,8:46 AM
- Retina MacBook Pro gets Faster Processors, More RAM
- Mon,10:20 PM
- Beats Music Adds More User Controls to iOS App, Including ‘Tune Your Taste’
- 9:48 PM
- Facebook Forces iPhone Users To Separate Messaging App
- 7:56 PM
- Blockchain.info Brings Bitcoin Wallet App Back to App Store
- 6:56 PM
- ‘Another One Bites The Dust’ Played Using Disk Drives
- 5:57 PM
- Lord & Taylor, Hudson’s Bay Company Deploy iBeacons in Stores
- 5:18 PM
- The Mac Mastery Training Bundle: $29
- 4:39 PM
- Hilton to Turn Your iPhone into Your Hotel Room Key
- 3:55 PM
- OS X Yosemite: What Does That Little Green Button do NOW?
- 2:02 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-28
- 10:55 AM
- Apple Ready to Buy Swell Talk Show App in $30M Deal
- 10:09 AM
- Report Claims Retina MacBook Pro Speed Bump Coming Tuesday