Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
MWSF 2003 - Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 9th, 2003
Apple today released QuickTime 6.1, an update to it's multimedia architecture. Software Update lists the following changes:
QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.
Enhancements include the following:
- MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
- AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
- DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
- QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.
The update is currently available via the Software Update pane of the System Preferences in Mac OS X 10.2.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Thu,6:24 PM
- Apple Watch iMessage Canned Responses Are Automatically Multilingual
- 5:50 PM
- How to Save Money on Subscriptions to Netflix, Pandora, and Other Services
- 5:18 PM
- AluPen Digital Fine-Point Stylus: $34.95
- 1:44 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-05: Dave’s iPhone SE Surprise, LAPD iPhone Hack
- 10:42 AM
- LAPD iPhone Hack isn’t as Big a Deal as You Think
- 8:29 AM
- How To Record a Video of Your iPhone’s Screen
- Wed,8:45 PM
- Why I’m not Buying an Apple Smoke Detector
- 5:25 PM
- ACM 358: The Devil’s Advocate, Apple Scaling, and Tim Cook’s Speeches
- 5:00 PM
- Hulu Is Going to Launch What Was Denied to Apple: A Cable-like Internet Subscription Service
- 4:53 PM
- ThinCharge iPhone 6/6s Battery Case (Black): $56.99
- 3:10 PM
- The Internet of Things is Really a Thing in Germany