Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
MWSF 2003 - Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 9th, 2003
Apple today released QuickTime 6.1, an update to it's multimedia architecture. Software Update lists the following changes:
QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.
Enhancements include the following:
- MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
- AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
- DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
- QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.
The update is currently available via the Software Update pane of the System Preferences in Mac OS X 10.2.
- Thu,8:46 PM
- Yosemite: How To Fix Safari’s Address Bar
- 7:32 PM
- Microsoft Smart Watch Sneak Peek
- 5:45 PM
- X-Doria Folio Case for iPhone 6: Awkward by Nature
- 5:30 PM
- ACM 277: Apple Pay, Apple Designs, and iPad as a Laptop Replacement
- 4:34 PM
- Learn Apple’s Swift Programming Language for $19
- 3:50 PM
- ‘iPhoto: The Missing Manual’ is Both Informative and Entertaining
- 1:50 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-23
- 11:03 AM
- Pixelmator for iPad Hits Apple’s App Store
- 10:15 AM
- Apple Wins GPNE Patent Lawsuit, Calls Company a Patent Troll
- 9:08 AM
- Apple Dropping SSL 3.0 for Push Notifications in Wake of Poodle Security Flaw
- Wed,8:40 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg Wows Chinese Crowd with 30 Minute Interview in Chinese
- 8:06 PM
- How to Use Yosemite’s New Batch-Renaming Feature