Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
MWSF 2003 - Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 9th, 2003
Apple today released QuickTime 6.1, an update to it's multimedia architecture. Software Update lists the following changes:
QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.
Enhancements include the following:
- MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
- AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
- DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
- QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.
The update is currently available via the Software Update pane of the System Preferences in Mac OS X 10.2.
- Sat, 9:02 PM
- 3 Free iOS Apps To Unleash the Music In You
- 10:30 AM
- Yet Another 25 Tips for Mastering iPhone Photography
- Fri, 7:25 PM
- Look Out Apple Haters, Android’s Monopoly on Large Screens Will End
- 5:20 PM
- Why Apple Didn’t Try to Copy Google Glass
- 4:30 PM
- Menu Bars Of The Stars
- 4:12 PM
- How to Streamline System Preferences on Your Mac
- 2:56 PM
- Microsoft Pilot Program Allows Developers to Respond to App Reviews
- 1:15 PM
- Tavik’s Zippered Folio Case for iPad Air is Built for Travel
- 1:13 PM
- Apple Maps Misses Your Coffee Shop, but Finds Loch Ness Monster
- 12:55 PM
- Online Privacy: Track Which Apps Access Your Personal Information
- 10:56 AM
- Judge Denies Rockstar Consortium’s Bid to Move Google Patent Fight to Troll Town
- 9:25 AM
- Dropbox gets Deeper into Photo Management with Loom Purchase