Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
MWSF 2003 - Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 9th, 2003
Apple today released QuickTime 6.1, an update to it's multimedia architecture. Software Update lists the following changes:
QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.
Enhancements include the following:
- MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
- AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
- DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
- QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.
The update is currently available via the Software Update pane of the System Preferences in Mac OS X 10.2.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Tue,1:31 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-24: New MacBook Pros this Fall, Spotify’s New Pricing
- 11:41 AM
- No New MacBook Pro Until Fall, but it’ll be Really Cool
- 10:25 AM
- Star Wars as an Infographic is Fantastically Awesome
- 9:15 AM
- El Capitan: Adjust Safari’s Reader Settings
- 8:00 AM
- Rob Enderle Calls Apple ‘Desperate’
- Mon,8:40 PM
- Dubious Study Says Fitbit Sucks at Heart Rate Tracking
- 6:16 PM
- Chance the Rapper Sounds the Changing of the Guard on Apple Music and Streaming
- 5:27 PM
- CyberGhost VPN Premium Plan 3-Year Subscription: $39.99
- 5:00 PM
- 4K UHD TV: Samsung and Sony Are Passing on Dolby Vision - Why It Matters
- 4:43 PM
- Apple Music Paves Industry Pricing Path, Spotify Follows
- 3:45 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With AquaMinds Co-founder Scott Love