Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
MWSF 2003 - Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 9th, 2003
Apple today released QuickTime 6.1, an update to it's multimedia architecture. Software Update lists the following changes:
QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.
Enhancements include the following:
- MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
- AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
- DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
- QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.
The update is currently available via the Software Update pane of the System Preferences in Mac OS X 10.2.
- Fri,6:58 PM
- Pee-Wee Herman Stars in Avengers Trailer
- 6:34 PM
- Trent Reznor on Working for Apple: ‘It’s Everything I Asked For’
- 5:50 PM
- Last Chance for The Complete iOS 8 Course With Swift for $89
- 4:42 PM
- MacTech Conference 2014: Talk to Kelly and Dave!
- 4:30 PM
- Apple Wins the Old-fashioned Way: Outsmart the Competition
- 3:00 PM
- Judge Rules Cops can Force You to Touch ID Unlock your iPhone
- 2:02 PM
- iOS 8: Adding Fitness App Data to the Health App
- 1:16 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-31
- 11:25 AM
- How To Clean Up and Rebuild Apple Mail Data [Yosemite Update]
- 9:39 AM
- Judge to Unseal GT Advanced Bankruptcy Filing Documents
- 8:45 AM
- Yosemite: Maximizing Windows & the Green “Stoplight” Button
- Thu,7:17 PM
- Meijer, the CurrenctC/MCX Member Who Refuses to Block Apple Pay