Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
MWSF 2003 - Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 9th, 2003
Apple today released QuickTime 6.1, an update to it's multimedia architecture. Software Update lists the following changes:
QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.
Enhancements include the following:
- MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
- AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
- DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
- QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.
The update is currently available via the Software Update pane of the System Preferences in Mac OS X 10.2.
- Wed,7:40 PM
- ACM 291: Apple’s Massive Numbers and the Rosetta Stone for Apple Timing
- 5:30 PM
- One Way Apple Could Help Us Find Apple Pay Locations
- 3:47 PM
- Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs Movie Starts Filming with Michael Fassbender as Jobs
- 2:45 PM
- Revogi Smart Color Bluetooth LED Bulb: $34.99
- 1:20 PM
- My Love/Hate Relationship with Apple’s Handoff and Continuity
- 1:17 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-01-28: AAPL Q1 2015 Earnings, YouTube Dumps Flash
- 11:01 AM
- How to Restore Missing iPhoto Image Thumbnails
- 9:18 AM
- YouTube Puts Another Nail in Flash’s Coffin with HTML5 on the Desktop
- Tue,7:52 PM
- Apple Blocks Flash on the Mac Following Major Security Exploit
- 7:46 PM
- Apple Ups the Secrecy with Wall Street
- 5:25 PM
- Apple Pay Dominates Mobile Payment Platforms, Coming to Vending Machines [Updated]
- 5:15 PM
- Tim Cook Says Apple Watch Will Ship in April