Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
MWSF 2003 - Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 9th, 2003
Apple today released QuickTime 6.1, an update to it's multimedia architecture. Software Update lists the following changes:
QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.
Enhancements include the following:
- MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
- AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
- DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
- QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.
The update is currently available via the Software Update pane of the System Preferences in Mac OS X 10.2.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Thu,9:24 AM
- Apple Dumps Samsung, Gives TSMC Exclusive iPhone Chip Deal
- Wed,8:28 PM
- Simon Pierro, Peanuts, a Chimp, and iPad Magic (Video)
- 6:36 PM
- Aaron Sorkin’s ‘Steve Jobs’ Movie Available on iTunes for $14.99
- 5:00 PM
- What Happens When Your Autonomous Car Crashes?
- 4:03 PM
- ACM 345: What Is Apple’s Mission?
- 2:35 PM
- SizeUp for Mac: $4.99
- 1:50 PM
- Use Two Mac Displays to Maximize Your Productivity, Even on the Road
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-10: Sexy Music Time, Self Driving Cars
- 10:55 AM
- Study Shows Music Makes for a Better Love Life
- 9:05 AM
- El Capitan: Getting the Sizes of Mailboxes
- Tue,7:45 PM
- Apple’s Vision is Plain for (Most) Everyone to See