Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
MWSF 2003 - Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 9th, 2003
Apple today released QuickTime 6.1, an update to it's multimedia architecture. Software Update lists the following changes:
QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.
Enhancements include the following:
- MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
- AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
- DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
- QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.
The update is currently available via the Software Update pane of the System Preferences in Mac OS X 10.2.
- Sun,11:54 AM
- MGG 524: Cool Stuff Found & Yosemite Notes
- Sat,10:30 AM
- 3 More Tips for Making Better Slide Show Presentations in Apple’s Keynote
- Fri,5:50 PM
- Eek! How Did I Ever Live With an iPhone 5s?
- 5:15 PM
- Apple Posts Full Video for October Media Event
- 4:15 PM
- Sales Prospects for Apple’s iPad Air 2 Look Good
- 3:12 PM
- The Dream Desk Giveaway
- 2:17 PM
- An Ode To Chairman Honeycrisp
- 2:00 PM
- Seidio Tetra for iPhone 6: a Rigid, Gorgeous Metal Bumper Case
- 1:43 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-17
- 1:32 PM
- GigSky Is Apple SIM For Everyone
- 11:20 AM
- Apple’s New iPad Air 2 Available for Online Order
- 11:05 AM
- Apple Drops Mac mini Server from Product Lineup