Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
MWSF 2003 - Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 9th, 2003
Apple today released QuickTime 6.1, an update to it's multimedia architecture. Software Update lists the following changes:
QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.
Enhancements include the following:
- MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
- AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
- DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
- QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.
The update is currently available via the Software Update pane of the System Preferences in Mac OS X 10.2.
- Sat,10:30 AM
- iPhoneography 101: Essential iPhone Camera Apps
- Fri,6:57 PM
- Apple Makes ‘Things for iPad’ Free for a Week
- 6:47 PM
- Judge Approves Apple iBooks $450 Million Antitrust Settlement
- 5:54 PM
- 100 AA and 52 AAA Duracell Batteries for $59.99 [Extended]
- 5:18 PM
- Use a PDF to See How Big Apple Watches Really Are
- 4:45 PM
- Why Every Estimate for Apple Watch Sales in 2015 is Completely Wrong
- 4:30 PM
- ‘Kingdom Rush Origins’ Tower Defender Released for iPhone and iPad
- 1:42 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-21
- 11:53 AM
- Google Agrees to Settlement in Rockstar Patent Infringement Fight
- 9:44 AM
- Apple Blocks Outdated Flash Players Over Security Issues [Update]
- 9:00 AM
- iOS 8: Using “Send Last Location”
- Thu,8:05 PM
- SwiftKey Adds Languages in iOS Without App Store Updates