Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
MWSF 2003 - Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 9th, 2003
Apple today released QuickTime 6.1, an update to it's multimedia architecture. Software Update lists the following changes:
QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.
Enhancements include the following:
- MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
- AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
- DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
- QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.
The update is currently available via the Software Update pane of the System Preferences in Mac OS X 10.2.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,10:42 PM
- Google Brings Higher Resolution Satellite Imagery to Google Earth and Maps
- 9:10 PM
- Google Bloks Will Offer Kids Hands-On, Collaborative Programming Concepts
- 8:44 PM
- PRE-SALE: The Complete iOS 10 Developer Course at $29
- 5:15 PM
- Game Foul: Ford Dealership Steals Firewatch Art
- 5:04 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Symply Co-founder and President Alex Grossman
- 3:20 PM
- iPhone 7 Sans Headphone Jack: The Debate Continues
- 1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?