Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
MWSF 2003 - Apple Releases QuickTime 6.1
by , 4:40 PM EST, January 9th, 2003
Apple today released QuickTime 6.1, an update to it's multimedia architecture. Software Update lists the following changes:
QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.
Enhancements include the following:
- MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
- AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
- DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
- QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.
The update is currently available via the Software Update pane of the System Preferences in Mac OS X 10.2.
- Mon,5:52 PM
- Apple Fixes iCloud Security Gap, ‘Actively Investigates’ Celeb Photo Theft
- 8:00 AM
- Happy Labor Day
- Sun,5:23 PM
- How to Use a FLIR Camera to Steal a PIN Code, and How to Stop It
- 3:54 PM
- Apple’s Spaceship Campus through a Drone’s Eye
- Fri,8:00 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 45 Website Faucets that Really Pay [Update]
- 7:56 PM
- Level Up Contacts with Contact Center
- 6:40 PM
- 8 Predictions for Apple’s September 9 Media Event
- 5:15 PM
- How To Tell iMessages From Text Messages
- 5:02 PM
- 2 Deals and 4 Freebies
- 3:44 PM
- Apple’s September 9 Event Won’t be What we Expect
- 1:56 PM
- Emoji-Only Social Network Emojili App Released on iTunes
- 1:08 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-08-29