AVIAS Announces Portable Video and Audio Player
From The Show Floor - AVIAS Announces Portable Video and Audio Player
by , 2:45 PM EDT, July 18th, 2003
Sure, the iPod is great for taking your music on the road. And the new Power G4 12-inch is a fine machine for watching movies on the road. But what if you'd like a portable device to play both your audio and video files? The folks at AVIAS Limited may have come up with the perfect solution that fits between the iPod and a full-featured portable computer. William Choi, Business Development Director, gave us the scoop.
The MEC Station Deluxe, is a portable entertainment center with a 6.5" screen with a 16:9 screen aspect ration, perfect for playing movies. It can understand movies in MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 formats, including movies which use the DivX codec, and even AVI files. For those that just want to display pictures, the MEC Station Deluxe can display JPEG, GIF, BMP and TIFF format graphic files. On the audio side, the unit can play back MP3 and WMA format sound files.
MEC Station Deluxe
The MEC Station Deluxe contains a FireWire port, and appears as another hard drive when connected to your Mac, or even PC. You just copy your video or audio files to the drive, and then use the MEC navigation system to play back the file. In a pinch, you could use the MEC Station Deluxe as an external hard drive. You can also transfer data to the unit using Compact Flash media. Plus, when you're not on the road, and have access to a larger screen, you can send composite video and stereo audio to another device.
The MEC Station Deluxe is slated to be released in August. The unit with 20 GB of storage will be US$549, and with a 40 GB drive will be $629.
- Fri,5:07 PM
- New Uses For Old Power Macs
- 5:02 PM
- Apple Pay is Soaring While Competitors Crash and Burn
- 1:47 PM
- The Camera Lens Mug: $19.99
- 1:19 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-24
- 11:10 AM
- Apple, Nike Teaming Up on Wearable Tech Project
- 9:37 AM
- Kickstarter Project: Mouse Guard LEGO Mini Figures
- 8:48 AM
- OS X Yosemite: Handing Calls Off to Your iPhone
- Thu,8:46 PM
- Yosemite: How To Fix Safari’s Address Bar
- 7:32 PM
- If Microsoft Made a Smart Watch…
- 5:45 PM
- X-Doria Folio Case for iPhone 6: Awkward by Nature
- 5:30 PM
- ACM 277: Apple Pay, Apple Designs, and iPad as a Laptop Replacement
- 4:34 PM
- Learn Apple’s Swift Programming Language for $19