Newcomer "You Software" Introduces New Mac Apps
From The Show Floor - Newcomer "You Software" Introduces New Mac Apps
by , 2:15 PM EST, January 7th, 2004
Despite the naysayers who keep going on about Apple's declining market share, we continue to see new companies enter the Mac market. While roaming the Macworld show floor, we couldn't help but notice a banner with a big blue smiley face. Upon further inspection, we discovered that this logo belongs to a new company, You Software. This company, launched by the founder of Extensis and Now Software, hopes to meet the needs of Mac users with what appear to be two compelling products.
The first product is called You Synchronize, and is based on the award-winning ExecutiveSync package that we looked at back in 2002. Unlike basic synchronization packages that only look at the time and date stamp of files to detect changes, You Synchronize uses a proprietary Time and State (TAS) technique to detect changed files. What this means is that, in addition to the time and date stamp, You Synchronize also detects changes in the contents of a file by using a checksum. You Synchronize sports improvements over the older product with a speed increase of up to eight times, an improved user interface, and the ability to synchronize to Windows servers.
The second product is You Control, a utility that allows you to access commonly used files and folders, as well as execute commands, from custom menus that can be traditional menus, or access via a hotkey. The package comes with eleven customizable menu modules for your most commonly used Mac applications. There are modules for the File System, iTunes, Address Book, Calendar, Clock, Stocks, US Weather, News Reader, Pasteboard, Process and Recents.
Both products are available immediately, and are priced at US$49.95 each. Special upgrade pricing for You Synchronize is available to previous owners of ExecutiveSync.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,3:00 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Intel Fellow Bruce Horn
- 1:55 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-02: Apple’s Next Big Thing, Icahn’s $AAPL Selloff
- 10:53 AM
- FBI Shows Fingerprints and Touch ID Aren’t Warrant-proof
- Sun,12:15 PM
- MGG 603: Pronunciation, Rants and The Joy of a Smaller Phone
- Fri,6:10 PM
- An Open Letter to Phil Schiller about iPhones, iPads, and Macs
- 5:30 PM
- New Products Apple Might Give Us While We Wait for the Car
- 4:42 PM
- Nomad Pod Portable Apple Watch Battery Pack: $33.95
- 4:40 PM
- FBI Director in the Dark on iPhone Hack Details
- 2:36 PM
- How to Select Single Pics from Burst Photos on Your iPhone
- 1:30 PM
- SolarTab Portable Solar Panel is a Bright Spot in Outdoor Charging Solutions
- 12:00 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-04-29: Kicking Off a New Apple Conference