TMO Announcement - Idiots, Cartoons, & Writing Heros
by , 1:30 PM EST, January 21st, 2004
This is about two weeks too late, or at least some of it is. We have some announcements, and all three of them mean quite a bit to me, personally.
First up is the one announcement that isn't late: Heeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaack! Yep, there's an Idiot among us, after an absence of more than two years. Gary Randazzo returns to the hallowed halls of TMO Towers to pontificate on matters Mac. Gary, along with Randy Soare, was one of our first columnists at TMO, starting off when we were still called Webintosh with a column called The Name of the Game, which later became Wasting Time with the Idiots. He's back with a vengeance in his new column called iPontificate. Check it out, because it's a great read.
Welcome back, Gary! We missed you!
Next we have the return of our political-style cartoon, Reality Check. This cartoon is created by Cory Harrison and (humbly) myself, though don't let that fool you: Cory does all the art work. Working on Reality Check is one of things that has given me the most pride in my work, and it is with delight that I announce it is back. The first of the new cartoons was published on Monday. We'll be publishing new ones once or twice a month.
Lastly, I am proud to announce the addition of Owen Linzmayer to the writing staff at TMO. Aside from being one my writing heros, Owen is the author of two of the most outstanding Apple history books, The Mac Bathroom Reader and Apple Confidential, an updated second edition of which is in the process of being released! Owen and I are working on a column called This Week in Apple History. Self-explanatory, it's a look back at key moments in Apple's history, broken down by the week. It's a very fun read, and a great reference. This one is the latest for us to announce as we launched it the week of Macworld.
Thanks, and I personally hope you enjoy TMO's newest columns!
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,10:42 PM
- Google Brings Higher Resolution Satellite Imagery to Google Earth and Maps
- 9:10 PM
- Google Bloks Will Offer Kids Hands-On, Collaborative Programming Concepts
- 8:44 PM
- PRE-SALE: The Complete iOS 10 Developer Course at $29
- 5:15 PM
- Game Foul: Ford Dealership Steals Firewatch Art
- 5:04 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Symply Co-founder and President Alex Grossman
- 3:20 PM
- iPhone 7 Sans Headphone Jack: The Debate Continues
- 1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?