Apple Exec Says iPod mini Static Issues "Extremely Small"
TMO Reports - Apple Exec Says iPod mini Static Issues "Extremely Small"
by , 10:00 AM EDT, April 15th, 2004
Despite wide-spread media reports of static or distorted audio problems with Apple's iPod mini portable digital-music player, an Apple executive said Wednesday the problem is "isolated" and is affecting very few users.
During an analyst conference call regarding the company's second-quarter earnings results, Tim Cook, Apple's Executive Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Operations, said the number of reported cases of audio problems is "extremely small."
"We're highly confident with the (iPod) minis that we're shipping," Mr. Cook said. "We've seen some of those reports. They're isolated online reports. We're investigating those because we want to very much understand those. But I would tell you that the number of complaints that we've had from customers through AppleCare tech support is extremely small. However, anyone that is listening to the (conference) call that has a problem, please call the AppleCare because we want to take care of the issue."
Apple Computer Inc. (AAPL) is investigating complaints that its popular iPod mini is prone to static and other sound distortions when playing back music. According to a small number of reports that surfaced last week on an independent iPod forum site and on Apple's own discussion forums, the problem sometimes happens when users press the plastic casing around the headphone jack.
An Apple spokeswoman said Tuesday the company is looking into the matter and investigating user reports.
- Wed,8:40 PM
- ACM 274: LOL Windows 10, Privacy Has Value, Protesting and Jailbreaking
- 5:25 PM
- iOS 8: News In Notification Center
- 4:19 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Learn To Code Bundle
- 4:11 PM
- Waterfield Spinn Pouch Case for iPhone 6/6 Plus: Excellence in Leather
- 3:40 PM
- ‘Someone’ Targets Hong Kong Protesters Using Jailbroken iPhones with Malware
- 2:55 PM
- iOS 8: Make Cellular Phone Calls from Your iPad Using Handoff
- 2:01 PM
- New Aerial Shot Shows Apple Campus Construction Underway
- 1:40 PM
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Dr. Mac’s Final Showdown
- 1:23 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-01
- 11:02 AM
- Report Claims Gold iPad Coming Soon
- 10:31 AM
- Evercore Raises AAPL Target on Strong iPhone 6 Demand
- 10:03 AM
- Apple Tells Developers to Submit their OS X Yosemite-compatible Apps