TMO Announcement - System Shootouts Get Dedicated Web Site
by , 11:00 AM EDT, May 19th, 2004
We are both happy and sad to announce that Charles Gaba is taking his System Shootouts to their own Web site, once again. Happy, because Charles will be able to spend more time and energy on the Shootouts, and sad because we enjoyed hosting them at TMO.
The System Shootouts are point-by-point comparisons between Apple's systems and competing Wintel machines, with the comparison based on systems that ship in the same price range. Charles began the series years ago at AAPLTalk.com, but brought them to TMO last year.
The new home for the System Shootouts can be found at the very appropriate SystemShootouts.org, and with their own dedicated site, we can expect to see more timely updates. Charles has launched the new site with full updates for Apple's laptop line, Apple's Educational Desktop line, and two different consumer desktop shootouts.
Charles has also launched a mailing list for those wanting to be notified when a new shootout had been posted. You can find more information on the e-mail list at the Web site.
- Wed,11:45 PM
- ACM 265: Ford goes iPhone and Facebook’s App Breakup
- 8:25 PM
- Brett Domino Explains Pop Music’s Formula
- 7:03 PM
- New iPhones: Now With Less Sapphire
- 5:55 PM
- What Amazon Didn’t Say in Its Blog Post about Hachette
- 4:16 PM
- Apple Releases Fixed Version of MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update 2.9
- 3:45 PM
- OS X Yosemite: How to Turn Translucency Off or On
- 1:43 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-30
- 11:26 AM
- Apple May Have Accidentally Leaked New 27-inch iMac
- 10:00 AM
- Apple Confirms Purchase of Swell Talk Radio App for iPhone
- 8:45 AM
- iOS 7: Preventing Unauthorized Purchases
- Tue,11:02 PM
- Apple Possibly Leaked New Mac mini Models
- 8:57 PM
- Ford Ditching BlackBerry for iPhone for Global Corporate Use