TMO Announcement - System Shootouts Get Dedicated Web Site
by , 11:00 AM EDT, May 19th, 2004
We are both happy and sad to announce that Charles Gaba is taking his System Shootouts to their own Web site, once again. Happy, because Charles will be able to spend more time and energy on the Shootouts, and sad because we enjoyed hosting them at TMO.
The System Shootouts are point-by-point comparisons between Apple's systems and competing Wintel machines, with the comparison based on systems that ship in the same price range. Charles began the series years ago at AAPLTalk.com, but brought them to TMO last year.
The new home for the System Shootouts can be found at the very appropriate SystemShootouts.org, and with their own dedicated site, we can expect to see more timely updates. Charles has launched the new site with full updates for Apple's laptop line, Apple's Educational Desktop line, and two different consumer desktop shootouts.
Charles has also launched a mailing list for those wanting to be notified when a new shootout had been posted. You can find more information on the e-mail list at the Web site.
- Wed,3:10 PM
- How to Deauthorize All Devices in iTunes 12
- Fri,11:16 AM
- Apple Watch OS Update Reduces Background Heart Rate Monitoring Frequency
- 10:10 AM
- Apple’s App Store Needs Cold Storage
- 8:30 AM
- Apple Watch: Three Tips on Contacting Your Pals
- Thu,5:44 PM
- Promotional Apple II Video with Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Byte Shop
- 4:47 PM
- Google Reportedly Plans to Fingerprint ID to Android M
- 4:09 PM
- The Pick Your Own Apple Toy Giveaway
- 3:55 PM
- Three Easy Ways to Get Started With Home Automation
- 2:30 PM
- Does the Apple Watch Free Us or Enslave Us?
- 1:41 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-05-21: Orthogonal Watch Complications FTW
- 11:56 AM
- Apple Could Add Mass Transit to Maps in iOS 9
- 10:42 AM
- Apple Reportedly Looking at Expansion into San Jose