iPod Packaging Wins Design Distinction Award
TMO Reports - iPod Packaging Wins Design Distinction Award
by , 11:00 AM EDT, July 6th, 2004
Calling Apple's iPod packaging "flawless," "inventive," and "utterly consistent with what we've come to expect," the judges awarded Apple with a 'design distinction' accolade. The judges praised the packaging of the original, white iPod for its "egg-carton" design that slowly reveals the product.
"There's this ballet of unwrapping that is clearly intentional," said one judge. "It prolongs your excitement about finally owning the product."
"If the product is all about music, noise, and overload, the packaging is about beautiful, whispering restraint," said another judge.
Somewhat surprising, the iPod mini did not win an award this year in the consumer products design category. In 2003, Apple won a Design review award for its iPod retail store display. In 2002, it won three awards for the Titanium PowerBook G4, the original iPod and the Apple iBook.
The awards appear in the July/August edition of I.D. Magazine and have not been posted on the magazine's Web site at the time this story was filed.
- Fri, 3:46 PM
- EU Looking to Force Apple to Give Developers Access to All Software and Hardware Features
- Fri, 2:47 PM
- Apple Music's 'Essential Anniversaries' Explores Radiohead's Famous 'OK Computer'
- Fri, 2:00 PM
- 'WandaVision' Director Matt Shakman Set to Direct Godzilla Series for Apple TV+
- Fri, 1:24 PM
- iPhone OLED Manufacturer BOE Gets Put in Time-Out for Changing Panel Designs
- Fri, 10:06 AM
- T-Mobile iPhone Users Plagued by iMessage Deactivation Due to eSim Bug
- Fri, 8:55 AM
- Apple Stops Accepting Card Payments in India Due to New Banking Regulations
- Fri, 8:47 AM
- Apple Music Integration Will Be Available Into the Infotainment System of Select Audi Models
- Thu, 4:52 PM
- Review: Anker 622 Magnetic Battery (MagGo)
- Thu, 4:49 PM
- These 5 Tips Will Help You Maximize Your FaceTime Call
- Thu, 3:10 PM
- Apple Receives Second Union-Busting Charge, This Time at World Trade Center Store
- Thu, 2:58 PM
- Apple Shows Mixed Reality Headset to Board, Edging Closer to Launch
- Thu, 1:45 PM
- Apple TV+ Announces Premiere Date for Season Three of 'Trying'