More Information on "Say No" Campaign, with Flyer
From The Cab - More Information on "Say No" Campaign, with Flyer
by , 1:30 PM EDT, July 14th, 2004
As a follow-up to our earlier article about a group asking people to boycott IDG and Macworld, we were fortunate to strike up a conversation with a cab driver who raised the boycott issue without our prompting. When asked how he was aware of this, he said he was handed a flyer with more information. That flyer:
A few things still are still unclear, including the identity of the group protesting. Even with the flyer's expanded information, there is no indication of which group is against IDG and outsourcing.
Perhaps more interesting, according to the cab driver to whom we spoke, the person handing out the flyer appeared to be a young child not old enough to be legally employed. TMO was unable to confirm that, and we are still looking for more information about the group pushing the "Say no to Macworld" message.
The Mac Observer Spin:If it's true that the group behind this campaign is using children to pass out flyers, it's a curious way to protest concepts such as fair employment. What we find the most perplexing, however, is why there is no information about the group doing the protesting on its literature or the rolling billboard we first brought to you earlier this week.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,10:42 PM
- Google Brings Higher Resolution Satellite Imagery to Google Earth and Maps
- 9:10 PM
- Google Bloks Will Offer Kids Hands-On, Collaborative Programming Concepts
- 8:44 PM
- PRE-SALE: The Complete iOS 10 Developer Course at $29
- 5:15 PM
- Game Foul: Ford Dealership Steals Firewatch Art
- 5:04 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Symply Co-founder and President Alex Grossman
- 3:20 PM
- iPhone 7 Sans Headphone Jack: The Debate Continues
- 1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?