IOGEAR Announces Industry's Smallest External Hard Drive
From The Show Floor - IOGEAR Announces Industry's Smallest External Hard Drive
by , 4:00 PM EDT, July 14th, 2004
To bring your stuff on the road, there are many solutions available. Of course there are external hard drives, which offer plenty of storage space, but are relatively bulky. On the other end of the spectrum are portable USB drives, which are certainly portable, but tend to have somewhat limited storage space and performance. Fortunately, our friends at IOGEAR are hoping to fill this gap with what they claim is the industry's smallest external drives.
Rear View of the New ION 1.8" Drive
The ION 1.8" will come in two versions, one that supports USB 2.0, and a Combo unit that will support both USB 2.0 (480 Mbps throughput) and FireWire (400 Mbps throughput). Both drives are also compatible with the USB 1.1 specification, for those that have older machines. What we found compelling is the innovative case design, which includes a belt clip for professionals on the move.
The drives will be available in both 20GB and 40GB capacities, and should be available in August 2004. Pricing has not yet been set.
The Mac Observer Spin:Hopefully, the 1.8" drives that IOGEAR will be using will be available in sufficient quantities, so they don't run into the same fiasco that held up the iPod Mini.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Tue,1:38 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-31: EU Social Network Censorship, VocalIQ and Siri
- 9:24 AM
- VocalIQ is Apple’s Key to Keeping Siri Relevant
- Mon,8:00 AM
- Enjoy Your Memorial Day
- Sun,11:53 AM
- MGG 607: The Pocket Dial Conspiracy
- Fri,9:47 PM
- The Pros and Cons of a Proprietary Apple Car Charger
- 6:59 PM
- VirnetX Wants to Shut Down FaceTime, but it Won’t Happen
- 5:45 PM
- Star Wars: Force Awakens Soundtrack LPs Will Feature Built-in Holograms—Really
- 5:45 PM
- It Could Happen - Universally Autonomous Cars Could Fail in the Marketplace
- 5:36 PM
- Record Your Mac’s Screen with iShowU Instant: $12
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-27: Apple’s Car Charging Plans, Eddy Cue’s Time Warner Deal
- 11:50 AM
- iPhone SE: Is Less the New More?