IOGEAR Announces Industry's Smallest External Hard Drive
From The Show Floor - IOGEAR Announces Industry's Smallest External Hard Drive
by , 4:00 PM EDT, July 14th, 2004
To bring your stuff on the road, there are many solutions available. Of course there are external hard drives, which offer plenty of storage space, but are relatively bulky. On the other end of the spectrum are portable USB drives, which are certainly portable, but tend to have somewhat limited storage space and performance. Fortunately, our friends at IOGEAR are hoping to fill this gap with what they claim is the industry's smallest external drives.
Rear View of the New ION 1.8" Drive
The ION 1.8" will come in two versions, one that supports USB 2.0, and a Combo unit that will support both USB 2.0 (480 Mbps throughput) and FireWire (400 Mbps throughput). Both drives are also compatible with the USB 1.1 specification, for those that have older machines. What we found compelling is the innovative case design, which includes a belt clip for professionals on the move.
The drives will be available in both 20GB and 40GB capacities, and should be available in August 2004. Pricing has not yet been set.
The Mac Observer Spin:Hopefully, the 1.8" drives that IOGEAR will be using will be available in sufficient quantities, so they don't run into the same fiasco that held up the iPod Mini.
- Tue,8:51 PM
- GTAT Announces ‘Amicable Parting’ of Ways with Apple
- 6:50 PM
- How I Came to Own and Sell a TAM Probably Owned by Jony Ive
- 5:01 PM
- Adobe KnowHow: Learn Photography From The Best for $29.99
- 4:49 PM
- How To Get Ready For iOS 8.1 [Update]
- 2:59 PM
- Chuck La Tournous and Chris Breen to Speak at NJMUG’s 30th Anniversary Tuesday
- 2:24 PM
- Don’t Upgrade to Yosemite or iOS 8.1 Before You Read This Column
- 2:06 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-21
- 12:29 PM
- How Apple Pay Mitigates Breach Fatigue
- 10:50 AM
- How to Enable Apple’s SMS Relay on your Mac or iPad
- 9:43 AM
- Apple Earnings Smackdown Ranks Analyst Predictions
- Mon,9:52 PM
- Apple Q4 Earnings Sliced And Diced
- 8:21 PM
- Apple Q4 MacBook Sales Hit Record Breaking Numbers, Jump 25 Percent