Prosoft Engineering Introduces Digital Picture Recovery Utility
From The Show Floor - Prosoft Engineering Introduces Digital Picture Recovery Utility
by , 2:30 PM EDT, July 15th, 2004
One of the reasons digital photography is so great is that you can take tons of pictures, and throw away your crummy shots without wasting any film. The only downside to this is that, with the ease with which one can erase digital media, you may accidentally delete a picture you meant to keep; or, your digital media may somehow get corrupted when moving between machines or platforms.
Picture Rescue Looking for Pictures to Save
The good news is that our friends at Prosoft Engineering, makers of fine data recovery products, have introduced Picture Rescue, a utility designed to recover deleted, damaged or corrupted picture files from a variety of media types. It can recover JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, and raw formats from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Kodak, Minolta, Fuji, Sigma, Foveon, Casio and Sony. It can also recover AVI, MPEG and MOV movie files.
We gave the product a quick test with one of our flash media cards, and were surprised to find some pictures from several weeks, and even several months in the past. Picture Rescue is available now for $59, and a demo is available.
The Mac Observer Spin:This sounds like a great utility. We suggested that Prosoft develop a complementary utility to permanently destroy pictures, for those shots you really don't want anyone to see ever again.
- Thu,8:09 PM
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- 6:20 PM
- Save 96% on The World’s Largest iOS 8 + Swift eLearning Bootcamp
- 5:30 PM
- Apple Job Posting Suggests Worldwide Expansion of Apple Pay
- 2:07 PM
- The Story Behind Apple’s ‘The Song’ Commercial (Video)
- 1:43 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-18
- 11:29 AM
- iOS 8 Mail: Customizing Swipe Gestures
- 9:08 AM
- Apple Raises $20M in 2014 Product (RED) Campaign
- Wed,5:50 PM
- Hit List 2.0 Task Manager Checks Off Syncing, iPhone 6 Interface
- 5:44 PM
- ACM 285: Apple’s iPod Lawsuit Victory and Tag Heuer’s Smart Watch Plans
- 5:20 PM
- STM Harbour iPhone 6 Case is Colorful, Lightweight and Inexpensive
- 5:16 PM
- Register for TMO’s Apple Watch Giveaway
- 4:15 PM
- Apple Pay: a List of Brick-and-Mortar Stores That Accept it