Prosoft Engineering Introduces Digital Picture Recovery Utility
From The Show Floor - Prosoft Engineering Introduces Digital Picture Recovery Utility
by , 2:30 PM EDT, July 15th, 2004
One of the reasons digital photography is so great is that you can take tons of pictures, and throw away your crummy shots without wasting any film. The only downside to this is that, with the ease with which one can erase digital media, you may accidentally delete a picture you meant to keep; or, your digital media may somehow get corrupted when moving between machines or platforms.
Picture Rescue Looking for Pictures to Save
The good news is that our friends at Prosoft Engineering, makers of fine data recovery products, have introduced Picture Rescue, a utility designed to recover deleted, damaged or corrupted picture files from a variety of media types. It can recover JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, and raw formats from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Kodak, Minolta, Fuji, Sigma, Foveon, Casio and Sony. It can also recover AVI, MPEG and MOV movie files.
We gave the product a quick test with one of our flash media cards, and were surprised to find some pictures from several weeks, and even several months in the past. Picture Rescue is available now for $59, and a demo is available.
The Mac Observer Spin:This sounds like a great utility. We suggested that Prosoft develop a complementary utility to permanently destroy pictures, for those shots you really don't want anyone to see ever again.
- Fri,1:42 PM
- Judge Cote Calls Apple Ebook Settlement Unfair to Consumers
- 1:15 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-25
- 10:24 AM
- comiXology Intros DRM-free Digital Comic Backups
- 8:45 AM
- OS X: Repair Home Folder Permissions
- Thu,8:48 PM
- Hedge Fund: ‘Apple Might Become Obsolete in 2-3 Years’
- 5:40 PM
- MGG 512: Two Zero Zero Hexes Your Favorite Geeks
- 4:41 PM
- TwistedWave Audio Recorder and Editor for Mac: $20
- 3:47 PM
- Apple’s Yosemite Beta: Don’t Use TRIM with SSD
- 2:42 PM
- Apple’s Yosemite Beta Site Conks Out Over Heavy Demand
- 2:13 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-24
- 1:45 PM
- Sweet Design: the CODE Donut Bluetooth Speaker
- 12:35 PM
- Apple Releases OS X Yosemite Public Beta