HP to Ship its Branded iPod in September
TMO Reports - HP to Ship its Branded iPod in September
by , 8:45 AM EDT, July 19th, 2004
HP announced Monday that it will begin selling its branded version of Apple's fourth-generation iPod sometime in September. The company gave no specific pricing and did not say which size iPod it would sell.
"We decided to wait for this amazing new fourth generation iPod, as it will offer our customers an even better experience. HP's version of the new iPod will be available in September," HP chairman and chief executive officer Carly Fiorina said in a prepared statement.
It was announced in January that HP would re-sell Apple's popular iPod portable music player under its own brand name. Additionally, HP began this summer to pre-install the iTunes software and a desktop icon guiding users to the music site on HP Pavilion, Media Center and Compaq Presario desktop and notebook consumer PCs.
The deal with HP involves only the traditional iPod design, now in its fourth-generation, and not the iPod Mini models. Phil Schiller, senior vice president at Apple, told The Mac Observer back in January that although HP would not be selling the mini version initially, "that's obviously something we can look at in the future," he said.
- Tue,7:52 PM
- Apple Blocks Flash on the Mac Following Major Security Exploit
- 7:46 PM
- Apple Ups the Secrecy with Wall Street
- 5:25 PM
- Apple Pay Dominates Mobile Payment Platforms, Coming to Vending Machines [Updated]
- 5:15 PM
- Tim Cook Says Apple Watch Will Ship in April
- 5:11 PM
- Apple iOS Device Sales Top 1 Billion Units
- 4:35 PM
- Apple Smashes Expectations with $74.6 Billion December Quarter [Update]
- 2:33 PM
- Apple TV 7.0.3 Squashes 16 Security Vulnerabilities
- 2:20 PM
- Apple Rolls Out OS X 10.10.2 Update with WiFi Fixes, iCloud Drive Time Machine Backups
- 2:04 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 8.1.3, Reduces Storage Required for Updates
- 1:44 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-01-27: Samsung Copies Apple Pay, Google’s Dropcam Plans
- 11:07 AM
- Apple TV gets More Athletic with 120 Sports Channel
- 9:47 AM
- Samsung to Take On Apple Pay with Cleverly Named Samsung Pay