HP to Ship its Branded iPod in September
TMO Reports - HP to Ship its Branded iPod in September
by , 8:45 AM EDT, July 19th, 2004
HP announced Monday that it will begin selling its branded version of Apple's fourth-generation iPod sometime in September. The company gave no specific pricing and did not say which size iPod it would sell.
"We decided to wait for this amazing new fourth generation iPod, as it will offer our customers an even better experience. HP's version of the new iPod will be available in September," HP chairman and chief executive officer Carly Fiorina said in a prepared statement.
It was announced in January that HP would re-sell Apple's popular iPod portable music player under its own brand name. Additionally, HP began this summer to pre-install the iTunes software and a desktop icon guiding users to the music site on HP Pavilion, Media Center and Compaq Presario desktop and notebook consumer PCs.
The deal with HP involves only the traditional iPod design, now in its fourth-generation, and not the iPod Mini models. Phil Schiller, senior vice president at Apple, told The Mac Observer back in January that although HP would not be selling the mini version initially, "that's obviously something we can look at in the future," he said.
- Thu,2:28 PM
- AT&T Fires Up Wi-Fi Calling Support
- 1:42 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-10-08: Samsung vs. TSMC iPhone Chips, Lightroom for iPad
- 11:36 AM
- NASA’s Apollo Mission Photos Free on Flickr
- 10:33 AM
- Adobe Sets Lightroom for iPhone, iPad Free from Creative Cloud
- 9:14 AM
- Harry Potter Comes to Apple’s iBook Store with Enhanced Editions
- Wed,10:30 PM
- ACM 327: Competing with Google Now, Apple’s Other New Campus, iPad Pro for Artists
- 5:41 PM
- Pay What You Want for the WordPress Wizard Bundle
- 1:56 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-10-07: AT&T Wi-Fi Calling, Apple TV and Vidity
- 11:50 AM
- Read This Before You Install El Capitan
- 10:54 AM
- How to Enable Wi-Fi Calling on Your iPhone
- 10:25 AM
- AT&T gets a Green Light to Enable Wi-Fi Calling
- 9:00 AM
- How to Turn Off Nightstand Mode in Apple watchOS 2