HP to Ship its Branded iPod in September
TMO Reports - HP to Ship its Branded iPod in September
by , 8:45 AM EDT, July 19th, 2004
HP announced Monday that it will begin selling its branded version of Apple's fourth-generation iPod sometime in September. The company gave no specific pricing and did not say which size iPod it would sell.
"We decided to wait for this amazing new fourth generation iPod, as it will offer our customers an even better experience. HP's version of the new iPod will be available in September," HP chairman and chief executive officer Carly Fiorina said in a prepared statement.
It was announced in January that HP would re-sell Apple's popular iPod portable music player under its own brand name. Additionally, HP began this summer to pre-install the iTunes software and a desktop icon guiding users to the music site on HP Pavilion, Media Center and Compaq Presario desktop and notebook consumer PCs.
The deal with HP involves only the traditional iPod design, now in its fourth-generation, and not the iPod Mini models. Phil Schiller, senior vice president at Apple, told The Mac Observer back in January that although HP would not be selling the mini version initially, "that's obviously something we can look at in the future," he said.
- Fri,9:03 PM
- 3 Free iOS Apps To Help You Find Something To Watch
- 8:57 PM
- 9 Swift Resources for iOS 8 Developers
- 7:39 PM
- OS X and iOS Application Compatibility Table
- 6:35 PM
- Best News in the Verse: Firefly Cast Reuniting for Firefly Online
- 6:26 PM
- Bose Sues Apple Acquisition Beats for Patent Infringement
- 5:11 PM
- iZZi Slim 4-Lenses-In-One Photo Kit: $95
- 3:44 PM
- Take Control of Yosemite Beta Testing Released
- 1:42 PM
- Judge Cote Calls Apple Ebook Settlement Unfair to Consumers
- 1:15 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-25
- 10:24 AM
- comiXology Intros DRM-free Digital Comic Backups
- 8:45 AM
- OS X: Repair Home Folder Permissions
- Thu,8:48 PM
- Hedge Fund: ‘Apple Might Become Obsolete in 2-3 Years’