HP to Ship its Branded iPod in September
TMO Reports - HP to Ship its Branded iPod in September
by , 8:45 AM EDT, July 19th, 2004
HP announced Monday that it will begin selling its branded version of Apple's fourth-generation iPod sometime in September. The company gave no specific pricing and did not say which size iPod it would sell.
"We decided to wait for this amazing new fourth generation iPod, as it will offer our customers an even better experience. HP's version of the new iPod will be available in September," HP chairman and chief executive officer Carly Fiorina said in a prepared statement.
It was announced in January that HP would re-sell Apple's popular iPod portable music player under its own brand name. Additionally, HP began this summer to pre-install the iTunes software and a desktop icon guiding users to the music site on HP Pavilion, Media Center and Compaq Presario desktop and notebook consumer PCs.
The deal with HP involves only the traditional iPod design, now in its fourth-generation, and not the iPod Mini models. Phil Schiller, senior vice president at Apple, told The Mac Observer back in January that although HP would not be selling the mini version initially, "that's obviously something we can look at in the future," he said.
- Tue,2:59 PM
- Chuck La Tournous and Chris Breen to Speak at NJMUG’s 30th Anniversary Tuesday
- 2:24 PM
- Don’t Upgrade to Yosemite or iOS 8.1 Before You Read This Column
- 2:06 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-21
- 12:29 PM
- How Apple Pay Mitigates Breach Fatigue
- 10:50 AM
- How to Enable Apple’s SMS Relay on your Mac or iPad
- 9:43 AM
- Apple Earnings Smackdown Ranks Analyst Predictions
- Mon,9:52 PM
- Apple Q4 Earnings Sliced And Diced
- 8:21 PM
- Apple Q4 MacBook Sales Hit Record Breaking Numbers, Jump 25 Percent
- 7:45 PM
- Here’s What Apple Wants to Achieve With Apple Pay
- 7:33 PM
- How Apple’s Tim Cook Explained Away Poor iPad Sales
- 6:31 PM
- Apple Store App Update Adds Apple Pay Support
- 5:59 PM
- China Holds Huge Potential for Apple with First Time iPhone Buyers