HP to Ship its Branded iPod in September
TMO Reports - HP to Ship its Branded iPod in September
by , 8:45 AM EDT, July 19th, 2004
HP announced Monday that it will begin selling its branded version of Apple's fourth-generation iPod sometime in September. The company gave no specific pricing and did not say which size iPod it would sell.
"We decided to wait for this amazing new fourth generation iPod, as it will offer our customers an even better experience. HP's version of the new iPod will be available in September," HP chairman and chief executive officer Carly Fiorina said in a prepared statement.
It was announced in January that HP would re-sell Apple's popular iPod portable music player under its own brand name. Additionally, HP began this summer to pre-install the iTunes software and a desktop icon guiding users to the music site on HP Pavilion, Media Center and Compaq Presario desktop and notebook consumer PCs.
The deal with HP involves only the traditional iPod design, now in its fourth-generation, and not the iPod Mini models. Phil Schiller, senior vice president at Apple, told The Mac Observer back in January that although HP would not be selling the mini version initially, "that's obviously something we can look at in the future," he said.
- Mon,6:42 PM
- How to Create and Use Network Locations for Mac
- 6:09 PM
- Some Apple Watch Orders ‘Preparing for Shipment’
- 5:58 PM
- Announcing TMO’s New Product Scoring System
- 4:49 PM
- Microsoft Office Mastery Bundle: $49
- 4:31 PM
- How Bob Levitus Learned to Blow Stuff Up Without Risking Life and Limb
- 4:05 PM
- FitPort for iOS: A Beautifully Designed Fitness Monitoring App
- 2:42 PM
- Twitter’s New ‘DM Everyone’ Sucks, But it’s Off by Default
- 1:14 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-04-20: Apple Watch Inventory Theories, Playing the Innovation Game
- 10:50 AM
- Apple Uses Earth Day to Highlight China Solar Farm, More
- 9:51 AM
- Analyst: Apple Watch Pre-orders are Build to Order
- 8:56 AM
- Apple WWDC Ticket Lottery Sales Wrap Up Today
- Sun,12:05 PM
- MGG 549: Cool Stuff Found