HP to Ship its Branded iPod in September
TMO Reports - HP to Ship its Branded iPod in September
by , 8:45 AM EDT, July 19th, 2004
HP announced Monday that it will begin selling its branded version of Apple's fourth-generation iPod sometime in September. The company gave no specific pricing and did not say which size iPod it would sell.
"We decided to wait for this amazing new fourth generation iPod, as it will offer our customers an even better experience. HP's version of the new iPod will be available in September," HP chairman and chief executive officer Carly Fiorina said in a prepared statement.
It was announced in January that HP would re-sell Apple's popular iPod portable music player under its own brand name. Additionally, HP began this summer to pre-install the iTunes software and a desktop icon guiding users to the music site on HP Pavilion, Media Center and Compaq Presario desktop and notebook consumer PCs.
The deal with HP involves only the traditional iPod design, now in its fourth-generation, and not the iPod Mini models. Phil Schiller, senior vice president at Apple, told The Mac Observer back in January that although HP would not be selling the mini version initially, "that's obviously something we can look at in the future," he said.
- Thu,8:00 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,9:36 PM
- Apple Reportedly Building Chinese Sapphire Plant with Foxconn
- 8:40 PM
- ACM 282: The Steampunk, Sapphire, and Apple Watch Episode
- 7:46 PM
- Melissa Holt on MacJury’s Holiday Gift Guide 2
- 4:42 PM
- Steampunk USB Flash Drives with Motorized Gears - Really!
- 4:05 PM
- Black Friday 2014: The Best Mac Deals
- 3:10 PM
- iOS 8: Control Which Apps Can Access Your Private Data
- 2:50 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Must-Have Mac Bundle
- 1:36 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-26
- 10:46 AM
- 5 iPhone Apps to Cut Your Thanksgivings Stress
- 8:50 AM
- iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite: Naming Group Conversations in Messages
- Tue,9:01 PM
- BuzzFeed Uses Apple Watches to Incentivise Staff