Initial iMac Availability To Be Limited, Sources Say
Apple Expo - Initial iMac Availability To Be Limited, Sources Say
by , 6:15 AM EDT, August 31st, 2004
PARIS, FRANCE - Apple dealers are being told that flat-panel iMac G5s will be in very limited supply until late-November, early-December. Apple introduced the new iMac today to cheering crowds during the Apple Expo keynote in Paris, France.
Independent dealers say that the flow of new iMacs will be a "trickle" when they initially become available in mid-September. TMO was also told that the 17" model will be most readily available unit in the beginning, and that 20" models will be virtually non-existent when the iMac G5 first ships in mid-September.
Supply constraints should ease across the product line in late-November or early-December.
Dealers were not given specific reason for supply constraints, but were told that Apple will be shipping the new iMacs one at a time from manufacturing facilities in Asia. Apple has similarly turned to air-freight shipping to meet initial demand with other product rollouts in the past.
- Thu, 3:56 PM
- Galarian Zigzagoon Community Day is Coming in 'Pokémon GO': Here's What You Need to Know
- Thu, 3:10 PM
- Explore New Worlds with 'TerraGenesis: Operation Landfall', Now in the Apple App Store
- Thu, 2:20 PM
- Jon Hamm Gets His Wish and Joins Apple TV+ for Season 3 of 'The Morning Show'
- Thu, 12:48 PM
- In-App Browsers Used by Companies Like Instagram and Facebook Are Massive Privacy Risk Warns Developer
- Wed, 3:35 PM
- Popularity of Apple Card Blamed for Goldman Sachs Woes
- Wed, 3:18 PM
- 'We're a Wild and Crazy Documentary!': Apple TV+ to Release Two-Part Documentary on Comedian Steve Martin
- Wed, 2:45 PM
- Popular YouTuber, Ex-Apple Inventor, Describes How VR Technology Might Prevent Motion Sickness
- Wed, 2:33 PM
- Apple TV+ Signs On Eva Longoria for New Series 'Land of Women'
- Wed, 1:41 PM
- Kuo Reports iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max Likely to See a Hefty Price Increase
- Wed, 12:56 PM
- Spotify Introduces new Home Feeds, Offers More Access to Music and Podcasts
- Wed, 11:05 AM
- Foxconn Earnings Beat Expectations Partly Due to Strong Sales of the iPhone 13
- Wed, 10:57 AM
- Apple Negotiating To Get Streaming Rights for Big Ten Athletic Events