Apple Introduces iPod Socks (W/Photo)
First on TMO - Apple Introduces iPod Socks (W/Photo)
by , 4:10 PM EDT, October 26th, 2004
Apple's new iPod Sock
(Click the thumbnail for larger image.)
SAN JOSE, Calif -- During Thursday's U2 event in the California Theater, Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced Apple's first iPod accessory, the iPod Sock. The socks come five to a package, with one each in green, purple, orange, pink, and blue.
Packaged just like normal socks (see accompanying photos), the accessory is intended to keep your iPod warm, or so Mr. Jobs quipped during his presentation.
Those in attendance offered Mr. Jobs a round of enthusiastic applause when it became clear that this was indeed a real product.
iPod socks will be priced at US$29, and are expected to ship in mid-November.
- Tue,9:16 PM
- Seagate Ships First 8TB Hard Drives for Enterprise
- 7:50 PM
- Hands-On with Blue’s Mo-Fi Headphones: Comfort Married to High Fidelity
- 4:51 PM
- VPN Unlimited 3-Year Premium Plan for $19
- 2:15 PM
- Can’t Wait for OS X Yosemite? Disable Mavericks’ Dashboard
- 2:10 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-08-26
- 12:32 PM
- deadmau5 to Open 2014 iTunes Festival
- 12:00 PM
- BitTorrent Sync Gets Revamped Sharing Workflow and New Interface
- 10:30 AM
- LA Schools Ditch iPad Contract Amid Controversy
- 9:08 AM
- Bad iPhone 5 Battery Life? Apple May Owe You a Free Battery Replacement
- 8:00 AM
- Blue Releases Mo-Fi Headphones with Onboard Amp, Innovative Headband
- Mon,8:53 PM
- Mac Observer Staff: What’s on Your iPhone Home Screen?
- 8:09 PM
- California Gov. Signs Smartphone Kill-Switch Requirement into Law