Sonnet's PodFreq Comes to iPod Photo
TMO at MWSF - Sonnet's PodFreq Comes to iPod Photo
by , 1:05 PM EST, January 10th, 2005
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Sonnet Technologies announced Monday PodFreq photo, a version of the company's FM transmitter for iPod updated for Apple's iPod photo. Sonnet will be showing the product at this week's Macworld Expo in San Francisco.
PodFreq photo connects through your iPod photo's dock, which the company noted leaves your headphone jack free for use. Sonnet said that using the dock connector for transmitting also provides better sound quality.
The unit also comes with an extendable antennae, which will provide better performance in areas with a crowded FM band.
The PodFreq product line encases your iPod in a translucent case, with the antennae at the top and the FM transmitter at the bottom (see image below). The device includes a display to tell you on which frequency you are broadcasting. At the bottom of the transmitter as USB 2.0 and FireWire ports for connecting your iPod to a Mac or PC without taking it out of the PodFreq.
Lastly, Sonnet is shipping the unit with a car charger for portable charging.
PodFreq photo is priced at US$99.95, and is available immediately. Sonnet is demonstrating the unit at booth 2528 in the South Hall at Macworld Expo, and is giving one away every day of the show. You can find more information at Sonnet's PodFreq Web site.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Wed,4:40 PM
- ACM 361: Purism, Privacy, Apple, and Surveillance Capitalism
- 4:37 PM
- iOS Coding Mastery Bundle: $39
- 3:58 PM
- Apple Can’t Keep a Secret
- 2:05 PM
- Apple’s Penchant for Privacy Makes Siri ‘Speaker’ Hard, but That’s Why We’ll Want It
- 1:33 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-25: Apple Hires Jon Callas, Microsoft’s Smartphone Failure
- 10:19 AM
- Microsoft Cuts more Smartphone Jobs, Hopes for Enterprise Success
- Tue,7:41 PM
- Bad News, FBI: Apple Hires Security Pro Jon Callas
- 5:30 PM
- How Apple Got Ready For an iPhone With an OLED Display
- 5:09 PM
- Writing the ‘Apple Music Letter’ Was Taylor Swift’s Bravest Thing She’s Done
- 4:46 PM
- ZeroLemon 64GB iMemStick: $79.99
- 1:31 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-24: New MacBook Pros this Fall, Spotify’s New Pricing