LaCie Announces New Storage Solutions
TMO at MWSF - LaCie Announces New Storage Solutions
by , 6:10 AM EST, January 10th, 2005
The four-bay Biggest F800 RAID offers storage up to 2TB, supports RAID levels 0, 0+1, 5 and RAID 5+hot spare, and includes FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 interfaces for use on PCs or Macs.
The 1TB version of the LaCie Biggest F800, with its four 250GB ATA drives, will ship this spring for US$1,499, the 1.6TB model for $2,299, and the 2TB model for $2,699.
The company has also announced the LaCie Ethernet Disk mini with up to 500GB shared storage space. Designed for small office and home environments, the mini is plug and play, or the drive can be attached via USB 2.0 to any individual computer for faster throughput and a private connection. Available this winter, it will retail for $299 for a 250GB model and $499 for a 400GB model.
LaCie has also increased then capacity of its Ethernet Disk to 1TB. Up to 25 people can store and backup data across a network simultaneously without taking bandwidth away from a central server. Administers have the ability to fully customize user access controls from any computer on the network through an user-friendly web administration tool, and files can be accessed via HTTP or FTP on Macs or PCs thanks to cross-platform support of Windows XP Embedded. LaCie Ethernet Disks are availablenow in capacities of 160 to 800GB for $549-$1,299. The 1TB disk will be available early 2005 for $1,599.
- Fri,7:32 PM
- Last Chance: Pay What You Want for the Learn to Design Bundle
- 4:30 PM
- What to Expect During Apple’s March 9 Media Event
- 1:09 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-02-27: Apple Watch Media Event Smackdown
- 11:20 AM
- Ericsson Sues Apple after Failing to Reach Patent License Agreement
- 10:01 AM
- Analyst: Apple Watch Edition to Cost $950
- 8:55 AM
- QuickTime & Yosemite: Recording Your iPhone or iPad Screen with iOS 8
- Thu,8:36 PM
- Apple Opens iWork for iCloud to Everyone
- 7:53 PM
- This Is Why You Should Set Up Philips Hue LED Smartbulbs
- 7:15 PM
- Apple Rumored to Bring Touch ID to Macs
- 4:40 PM
- Last Chance To Save 55% On The Code Black HD Camera Drone
- 3:54 PM
- FCC Reclassifies Internet Providers in Net Neutrality Vote
- 1:51 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-02-26: Apple Spring Forward Media Event, Net Neutrality