LaCie Announces New Storage Solutions
TMO at MWSF - LaCie Announces New Storage Solutions
by , 6:10 AM EST, January 10th, 2005
The four-bay Biggest F800 RAID offers storage up to 2TB, supports RAID levels 0, 0+1, 5 and RAID 5+hot spare, and includes FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 interfaces for use on PCs or Macs.
The 1TB version of the LaCie Biggest F800, with its four 250GB ATA drives, will ship this spring for US$1,499, the 1.6TB model for $2,299, and the 2TB model for $2,699.
The company has also announced the LaCie Ethernet Disk mini with up to 500GB shared storage space. Designed for small office and home environments, the mini is plug and play, or the drive can be attached via USB 2.0 to any individual computer for faster throughput and a private connection. Available this winter, it will retail for $299 for a 250GB model and $499 for a 400GB model.
LaCie has also increased then capacity of its Ethernet Disk to 1TB. Up to 25 people can store and backup data across a network simultaneously without taking bandwidth away from a central server. Administers have the ability to fully customize user access controls from any computer on the network through an user-friendly web administration tool, and files can be accessed via HTTP or FTP on Macs or PCs thanks to cross-platform support of Windows XP Embedded. LaCie Ethernet Disks are availablenow in capacities of 160 to 800GB for $549-$1,299. The 1TB disk will be available early 2005 for $1,599.
- Tue, 8:00 PM
- Apple v. Samsung: Google to Cover Some Costs, Assume Some Liability
- 7:30 PM
- Apple Expands In-Store Trade-In Program to iPads and More
- 2:45 PM
- Apple to Samsung: If You Want to Copy Us, Think Environment
- 2:14 PM
- Apple Releases Security Update 2014-002 for Mavericks, Lion, Mountain Lion
- 1:09 PM
- Apple Rolls Out 6.1.1 Update for 2nd, 3rd Gen Apple TV
- 1:03 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 7.1.1 with Improved Touch ID, Bug Fixes
- 11:45 AM
- Jailbroken iPhones Give Up Apple IDs in Malware Attack
- 10:01 AM
- Report Claims Rumored 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Delayed Until 2015
- 9:08 AM
- Apple Hires FDA Expert Divya Nag for Health and Fitness Team
- Mon, 7:45 PM
- How Apple Could Have Increased iPad Sales, But Didn’t
- 7:12 PM
- Google Camera Saves The World…From Vertical Video
- 6:55 PM
- Samsung Argues that Apple Should Get $38.4 million, Not $2 Billion