LaCie Announces New Storage Solutions
TMO at MWSF - LaCie Announces New Storage Solutions
by , 6:10 AM EST, January 10th, 2005
The four-bay Biggest F800 RAID offers storage up to 2TB, supports RAID levels 0, 0+1, 5 and RAID 5+hot spare, and includes FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 interfaces for use on PCs or Macs.
The 1TB version of the LaCie Biggest F800, with its four 250GB ATA drives, will ship this spring for US$1,499, the 1.6TB model for $2,299, and the 2TB model for $2,699.
The company has also announced the LaCie Ethernet Disk mini with up to 500GB shared storage space. Designed for small office and home environments, the mini is plug and play, or the drive can be attached via USB 2.0 to any individual computer for faster throughput and a private connection. Available this winter, it will retail for $299 for a 250GB model and $499 for a 400GB model.
LaCie has also increased then capacity of its Ethernet Disk to 1TB. Up to 25 people can store and backup data across a network simultaneously without taking bandwidth away from a central server. Administers have the ability to fully customize user access controls from any computer on the network through an user-friendly web administration tool, and files can be accessed via HTTP or FTP on Macs or PCs thanks to cross-platform support of Windows XP Embedded. LaCie Ethernet Disks are availablenow in capacities of 160 to 800GB for $549-$1,299. The 1TB disk will be available early 2005 for $1,599.
- Fri, 7:25 PM
- Look Out Apple Haters, Android’s Monopoly on Large Screens Will End
- 5:20 PM
- Why Apple Didn’t Try to Copy Google Glass
- 4:30 PM
- Menu Bars Of The Stars
- 4:12 PM
- How to Streamline System Preferences on Your Mac
- 2:56 PM
- Microsoft Pilot Program Allows Developers to Respond to App Reviews
- 1:15 PM
- Tavik’s Zippered Folio Case for iPad Air is Built for Travel
- 1:13 PM
- Apple Maps Misses Your Coffee Shop, but Finds Loch Ness Monster
- 12:55 PM
- Online Privacy: Track Which Apps Access Your Personal Information
- 10:56 AM
- Judge Denies Rockstar Consortium’s Bid to Move Google Patent Fight to Troll Town
- 9:25 AM
- Dropbox gets Deeper into Photo Management with Loom Purchase
- 8:40 AM
- iTunes Radio: Create a Station from a Song or Artist
- Thu, 7:56 PM
- Apple’s First WSJ Mention: Just Three Words in 1978