LaCie Announces Real-Time DV to MPEG Encoder
TMO at MWSF - LaCie Announces Real-Time DV to MPEG Encoder
by , 6:35 AM EST, January 10th, 2005
LaCie will introduce a new tool for video editors and home users to aid in DVD creation at Mac Expo this week, the company has announced.
The LaCie FastCoder is a hardware encoder that allows people to convert DV NTSC video files to MPEG-1 and/or MPEG-2 in real-time on G3-equipped Mac systems, or newer, with a native FireWire port. With the LaCie FastCoder, conventional software encoding times are reduced by two to 15 hours.
In addition to MPEG-1, users can create MPEG-2 streams that are compatible with the bundled CaptyDVD authoring software or MPEG-2 elementary streams that are compatible with Apple DVD Studio Pro.
FastCoder works with Mac OS 9.2 and Mac OS 10.2.6 or greater and supports full quality DV-compatible QuickTime file exported from Apple Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express or iMovie.
FastCoder will ship next month and will retail for US$249.
- Fri,6:36 PM
- iCloud Music Library and DRM: Now with Slightly Less Disaster
- 9:38 AM
- Apple Music - Or Some Streaming Service - Needs To Steal Discovery From Napster
- 8:00 AM
- Happy U.S. Independence Day
- 1:38 AM
- Apple Posts San Francisco Pride 2015 Video
- Thu,8:51 PM
- Mpow 3-Port Intelligent Car Charger: $13.99
- 8:44 PM
- Apple Loses iBooks Antitrust Appeal in Split Decision
- 5:00 PM
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- 3:04 PM
- Apple’s New Design Bosses Report to Tim Cook, not Jony Ive
- 2:01 PM
- 3 Great iPhone Cables for Travel
- 1:39 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-02: Coping with iCloud Music Library’s Problems
- 10:58 AM
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- 8:59 AM
- How To Add Nickname, Photo to Apple Music Profile