LaCie Announces Real-Time DV to MPEG Encoder
TMO at MWSF - LaCie Announces Real-Time DV to MPEG Encoder
by , 6:35 AM EST, January 10th, 2005
LaCie will introduce a new tool for video editors and home users to aid in DVD creation at Mac Expo this week, the company has announced.
The LaCie FastCoder is a hardware encoder that allows people to convert DV NTSC video files to MPEG-1 and/or MPEG-2 in real-time on G3-equipped Mac systems, or newer, with a native FireWire port. With the LaCie FastCoder, conventional software encoding times are reduced by two to 15 hours.
In addition to MPEG-1, users can create MPEG-2 streams that are compatible with the bundled CaptyDVD authoring software or MPEG-2 elementary streams that are compatible with Apple DVD Studio Pro.
FastCoder works with Mac OS 9.2 and Mac OS 10.2.6 or greater and supports full quality DV-compatible QuickTime file exported from Apple Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express or iMovie.
FastCoder will ship next month and will retail for US$249.
- Fri,3:10 PM
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer on iTunes
- 1:18 PM
- Apple Black Friday Deals Include Gift Cards for Macs, iPhones, More
- Thu,8:00 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,9:36 PM
- Apple Reportedly Building Chinese Sapphire Plant with Foxconn
- 8:40 PM
- ACM 282: The Steampunk, Sapphire, and Apple Watch Episode
- 7:46 PM
- Melissa Holt on MacJury’s Holiday Gift Guide 2
- 4:42 PM
- Steampunk USB Flash Drives with Motorized Gears - Really!
- 4:05 PM
- Black Friday 2014: The Best Mac Deals
- 3:10 PM
- iOS 8: Control Which Apps Can Access Your Private Data
- 2:50 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Must-Have Mac Bundle
- 1:36 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-26
- 10:46 AM
- 5 iPhone Apps to Cut Your Thanksgivings Stress