Apple Announes iWork; Updates Keynote, All New Word Processor (UPDATED)
TMO at MWSF - Apple Announes iWork; Updates Keynote, All New Word Processor (UPDATED)
by , 1:30 PM EST, January 11th, 2005
SAN FRANSISCO -- Before a standing room only crowd at the Moscone Convention Center, Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced iWork, a software suite that includes a upgrade of Apple's Keynote presentation package, and Pages, a new word processing application.
Mr. Jobs called Keynote version 2 "a major upgrade". Among its new features includes 10 new themes, animated text, animated builds, a presenter display, the ability to do interactive slide shows, and a kiosk slide show feature. Keynote 2 improves upon the original with slide animations to synchronize the movement of multiple objects, real-time animated text, and image masking. It includes the iLife media browser for insertion of photos, movies and music directly into presentations.
In addition, Keynote has added Macromedia Flash, PDF and QuickTime output capability.
Pages is Apple's newest word processing application. Calling it a word processing application "incredible sense of style," Mr. Jobs showed a long list of features including footnotes, table of contents and more, but played up its 40 Apple-designed templates as a key feature.
Mr. Jobs said Pages sports "advanced typography," multiple columns, footnotes, tables of contents and styles, as well as dynamic text wrapping and alignment guides.
Also included is an iLife media browser that lets users drag and drop photos from the iPhoto library directly into documents.
Mr. Jobs said iWork will retail for US$79 and will be available January 22.
- Mon,2:44 PM
- Strong iPhone 6 Sales Boost Canaccord’s AAPL Target to $115
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-22
- 10:05 AM
- Linex Technologies Ordered Apple’s Legal Fees in Patent Infringement Case
- 8:54 AM
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus Launch Weekend Sales Hit 10 Million
- Sun,11:42 AM
- MGG 520: Wrapping Up Tech Week With iOS 8 & More
- Sat,7:27 PM
- Fun Rant about Those Who Claim Apple is the Copier
- 12:27 PM
- How to Make Your iPhone 6 Work with Your AT&T MicroCell
- Fri,7:51 PM
- iOS 8 App Store Bundles Explained
- 7:23 PM
- WSJ Lines Up Tim Cook to Kick Off Inaugural WSJDLive Conference
- 5:42 PM
- Learn Apple’s New Swift Programming Language for $19
- 5:00 PM
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus - the Word That Shall Not be Spoken: Phablet
- 1:44 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-19