Apple Announces Mac mini Desktop, Starting at $499
TMO at MWSF - Apple Announces Mac mini Desktop, Starting at $499
by , 1:40 PM EST, January 11th, 2005
SAN FRANSICO -- Before a standing room only crowd at the Moscone Convention Center, Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced Tuesday the Mac mini, the company's smallest Mac desktop without a monitor and keyboard, starting at US$499.
the G4-based Mac mini features a square shape with rounded edges in a silver brushed metal enclosure that is a little over an inch high.
The Mac mini will be available January 22 in two models -- a 1.25GHz processor model with a 40 gigabyte (GB) hard drive and 256 megabytes or memory for $499, and a 1.42GHz system with a 80GB hard drive for $599.
The Mac mini features one FireWire 400, two USB 2.0 ports, a DVI interface that also supports VGA, a built-in 10/100BASE-T Ethernet, 56K V.92 modem, a ATI Radeon 9200 graphics with 32MB of dedicated DDR memory, and AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth support.
- Sat,10:30 AM
- IiPhoneography 101: Tripods for Your iPhone
- Fri,8:54 PM
- Apple Death Knell #68: Apple’s Stock Will Collapse Because iPhone Is Too Important
- 7:32 PM
- Last Chance: Pay What You Want for the Learn to Design Bundle
- 4:30 PM
- What to Expect During Apple’s March 9 Media Event
- 1:09 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-02-27: Apple Watch Media Event Smackdown
- 11:20 AM
- Ericsson Sues Apple after Failing to Reach Patent License Agreement
- 10:01 AM
- Analyst: Apple Watch Edition to Cost $950
- 8:55 AM
- QuickTime & Yosemite: Recording Your iPhone or iPad Screen with iOS 8
- Thu,8:36 PM
- Apple Opens iWork for iCloud to Everyone
- 7:53 PM
- This Is Why You Should Set Up Philips Hue LED Smartbulbs
- 7:15 PM
- Apple Rumored to Bring Touch ID to Macs
- 4:40 PM
- Last Chance To Save 55% On The Code Black HD Camera Drone