Apple Announces Mac mini Desktop, Starting at $499
TMO at MWSF - Apple Announces Mac mini Desktop, Starting at $499
by , 1:40 PM EST, January 11th, 2005
SAN FRANSICO -- Before a standing room only crowd at the Moscone Convention Center, Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced Tuesday the Mac mini, the company's smallest Mac desktop without a monitor and keyboard, starting at US$499.
the G4-based Mac mini features a square shape with rounded edges in a silver brushed metal enclosure that is a little over an inch high.
The Mac mini will be available January 22 in two models -- a 1.25GHz processor model with a 40 gigabyte (GB) hard drive and 256 megabytes or memory for $499, and a 1.42GHz system with a 80GB hard drive for $599.
The Mac mini features one FireWire 400, two USB 2.0 ports, a DVI interface that also supports VGA, a built-in 10/100BASE-T Ethernet, 56K V.92 modem, a ATI Radeon 9200 graphics with 32MB of dedicated DDR memory, and AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth support.
- Mon,5:52 PM
- Apple Fixes iCloud Security Gap, ‘Actively Investigates’ Celeb Photo Theft
- 8:00 AM
- Happy Labor Day
- Sun,5:23 PM
- How to Use a FLIR Camera to Steal a PIN Code, and How to Stop It
- 3:54 PM
- Apple’s Spaceship Campus through a Drone’s Eye
- Fri,8:00 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 45 Website Faucets that Really Pay [Update]
- 7:56 PM
- Level Up Contacts with Contact Center
- 6:40 PM
- 8 Predictions for Apple’s September 9 Media Event
- 5:15 PM
- How To Tell iMessages From Text Messages
- 5:02 PM
- 2 Deals and 4 Freebies
- 3:44 PM
- Apple’s September 9 Event Won’t be What we Expect
- 1:56 PM
- Emoji-Only Social Network Emojili App Released on iTunes
- 1:08 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-08-29