Apple Announces Mac mini Desktop, Starting at $499
TMO at MWSF - Apple Announces Mac mini Desktop, Starting at $499
by , 1:40 PM EST, January 11th, 2005
SAN FRANSICO -- Before a standing room only crowd at the Moscone Convention Center, Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced Tuesday the Mac mini, the company's smallest Mac desktop without a monitor and keyboard, starting at US$499.
the G4-based Mac mini features a square shape with rounded edges in a silver brushed metal enclosure that is a little over an inch high.
The Mac mini will be available January 22 in two models -- a 1.25GHz processor model with a 40 gigabyte (GB) hard drive and 256 megabytes or memory for $499, and a 1.42GHz system with a 80GB hard drive for $599.
The Mac mini features one FireWire 400, two USB 2.0 ports, a DVI interface that also supports VGA, a built-in 10/100BASE-T Ethernet, 56K V.92 modem, a ATI Radeon 9200 graphics with 32MB of dedicated DDR memory, and AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth support.
- Wed,10:20 PM
- ACM 322: Apple’s TV Shows, Ian Rogers’ New Job, iPhone Jailbreaking
- 5:30 PM
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- 4:40 PM
- Making the Case for the iPod Touch
- 4:25 PM
- Dr. Mac Presents: Smart Option Key Tricks
- 3:57 PM
- A Lawn Chair, an Umbrella, and 54 Propellers
- 2:39 PM
- AluPen Digital Fine-Point Stylus: $34.95
- 2:12 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-09-02: Listeners Respond to El Capitan Debate
- 11:30 AM
- Adonit’s Jot Dash: The Workhorse Stylus You’ve Been Waiting For
- 10:16 AM
- Apple Music’s Ian Rogers Left for the Fashion Industry
- 9:48 AM
- How iTunes Movie DRM-Removal Software Keeps Me Honest
- 9:07 AM
- OS X El Capitan Beta: Using Mail Gestures
- Tue,7:47 PM
- Handmade Leather Lightning iPhone Chargers