Apple Announces Mac mini Desktop, Starting at $499
TMO at MWSF - Apple Announces Mac mini Desktop, Starting at $499
by , 1:40 PM EST, January 11th, 2005
SAN FRANSICO -- Before a standing room only crowd at the Moscone Convention Center, Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced Tuesday the Mac mini, the company's smallest Mac desktop without a monitor and keyboard, starting at US$499.
the G4-based Mac mini features a square shape with rounded edges in a silver brushed metal enclosure that is a little over an inch high.
The Mac mini will be available January 22 in two models -- a 1.25GHz processor model with a 40 gigabyte (GB) hard drive and 256 megabytes or memory for $499, and a 1.42GHz system with a 80GB hard drive for $599.
The Mac mini features one FireWire 400, two USB 2.0 ports, a DVI interface that also supports VGA, a built-in 10/100BASE-T Ethernet, 56K V.92 modem, a ATI Radeon 9200 graphics with 32MB of dedicated DDR memory, and AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth support.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,12:55 PM
- How to Fix the ‘You Are Not Signed into Apple Music’ Error
- 10:38 AM
- Immersion Sues Apple, AT&T Over Haptic Feedback Patents
- 9:05 AM
- OS X: Turning Off Live Photos (For a Bunch of Images!)
- Thu,7:10 PM
- LUX Lightning Cables on Kickstarter: MFi-Certified, Thicker Cable, Nylon Wrapped
- 6:32 PM
- VoIP-Pal Hits Apple, AT&T, Verizon with $7B Patent Lawsuit
- 5:25 PM
- Apple Selling View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack
- 4:45 PM
- X-Doria Revel Apple Watch Case is Colorful, Durable
- 4:34 PM
- Beyond Ink Pen: $49
- 1:57 PM
- Find Your Promised and Provisioned Comcast Internet Speeds
- 1:08 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-11: Apple’s A10 Chip Partner, Comcast Internet Speeds
- 12:45 PM
- Gravity Waves Detected For the First Time