WiebeTech Introduces UltraGB+ Large Capacity External Drives
TMO at MWSF - WiebeTech Introduces UltraGB+ Large Capacity External Drives
by , 7:00 AM EST, January 13th, 2005
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- At this week's Macworld Expo, WiebeTech announced the UltraGB+, a bus powered 3.5" drive enclosure that allows one to bring large amounts of data on the road (when using FireWire) without requiring a separate power adapter. The drives are all 7200 RPM and offer 8MB of cache.
UltraGB+ in Sleek Aluminum Enclosure
The UltraGB+ is available in either FireWire 400 or FireWire 800 versions, and either 120GB or 160GB capacity. The UltraGB+ also has a USB 2.0 port, and sports a global 100-240V power supply, for those situations where your computer doesn't or can't provide enough power on the FireWire bus, or you'd like to use USB 2.0.
Rear View of FireWire 800 UltraGB+
The 400/120 version is $359.95, the 400/160 version is $399.95, the 800/120 version is $399.95, and the 800/160 version is $439.95. The UltraGB+ is expected to ship on January 17, 2005.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- 6:54 PM
- 6 Great Display Choices for Your MacBook Pro and Mac Pro
- 6:25 PM
- Apple Drops 2.81% in Broad Brexit Selloff
- 5:01 PM
- G Cloud Unlimited Backup for iPhone and Android: 5-Year Subscription for $29.99
- 1:46 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-24: Goodbye Thunderbolt Display, Spinning off the Mac
- 11:48 AM
- Plex Media Server Turns 1.0!
- 9:05 AM
- OS X: Using Policy Banner for Custom Login Screens
- Thu,9:01 PM
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- 8:55 PM
- Apple Adds RAW Support for 15 DSLR Cameras from Canon, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony
- 6:20 PM
- How to Display Calories or kJ on your iPhone/Apple Watch Health Apps
- 5:20 PM
- Ingrein ‘Smartclock’ Shows Important Notifications to Help You Detach from Your Screen