Endicia Shows First Mac Software-Only Internet Postage Product
TMO at MWSF - Endicia Shows First Mac Software-Only Internet Postage Product
by , 2:05 PM EST, January 13th, 2005
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Envelope Manager Software announced the availability of Endicia for Mac 1.0 Internet Postage service at this week's Macworld Expo show.
For the uninitiated, Internet Postage allows one to simply print a label and apply it to a mailpiece, rather than having to mess around with stamps or a postage meter. Although there are a number of companies that offer Internet postage on the Windows platform, Envelope Manager Software is the first company to offer an "open" product for the Mac platform. By "open" we mean that you don't have to print on special, often expensive, stock, which prior Mac offerings required.
Preview of a Priority Mail Label
Endicia for Mac sports many useful features. One can print postage for both Domestic and International destinations. Delivery Confirmation is free for Priority Mail, and discounted for Package Services. Users get the convenience of automatic shipment notification e-mails and 1-click status checks on all their packages. Shipping labels which do not show the postage amount (the value is hidden in the barcode) are also supported.
Endicia for Mac 1.0 offers a 30-day free trial, where you just pay for postage. After that, the service is US$15.95 a month, or $174.95 a year.
The Mac Observer Spin:Although Internet Postage never took off like many expected, perhaps this is becasue the only options were on the PC side of the fence. We'll have to see if the Mac's ease of use can help make Internet Postage services more popular.
- Fri,5:07 PM
- New Uses For Old Power Macs
- 5:02 PM
- Apple Pay is Soaring While Competitors Crash and Burn
- 1:47 PM
- The Camera Lens Mug: $19.99
- 1:19 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-24
- 11:10 AM
- Apple, Nike Teaming Up on Wearable Tech Project
- 9:37 AM
- Kickstarter Project: Mouse Guard LEGO Mini Figures
- 8:48 AM
- OS X Yosemite: Handing Calls Off to Your iPhone
- Thu,8:46 PM
- Yosemite: How To Fix Safari’s Address Bar
- 7:32 PM
- If Microsoft Made a Smart Watch…
- 5:45 PM
- X-Doria Folio Case for iPhone 6: Awkward by Nature
- 5:30 PM
- ACM 277: Apple Pay, Apple Designs, and iPad as a Laptop Replacement
- 4:34 PM
- Learn Apple’s Swift Programming Language for $19