Macword All Star Band Rocks Party 2.0
TMO at MWSF - Macword All Star Band Rocks Party 2.0
by , 5:15 PM EST, January 13th, 2005
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Last night, the Macworld All Star Band struck again. The Mac star-studded ensemble rocked out at The Park for Party 2.0: Cirque du Mac.
The Mac Observer, Back Beat Media, and Dr. Mac Direct sponsored the bash, which featured the Macworld All Star Band (known for sticking to its strict practice of holding two rehearsals and two performances each year).
The All Star Band features a wealth of Mac celebrities, including Paul Kent of Mactivity, noted Mac author Chris Breen from Macworld and PlayList, Duane Straub (we can't tell you his job, or we'd have to kill you), as well as TMO's own Bryan Chaffin, Dave Hamilton, Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus, and Andy Ihnatko.
The band's eclectic tastes were on display -- from The Beatles to Radiohead to Stevie Wonder -- but between the band's boppin' tunes and the open bar, the crowd was more than satisfied. The doors opened at 8:00 PM, and by the time the band went on at 9:00 PM, The Park was packed. When the party ended at midnight, it was still full, and everyone talked to had a great time.
Better yet, the henna tattoo artists and face painters were busy all night. If you see someone walking around Macworld with an Apple logo on their face Thursday or Friday, it's likely they were at Party 2.0.
TMO would like to thank our partner sponsors, as well The Park, which served as a fantastic venue, and all the great people that turned out. For all of us at TMO, the party has become the highlight of Macworld Expo (after the Stevenote), and we appreciate all the folks who came out and had so much fun.
You can see pictures from the event in our Party 2.0 photo gallery.
Good luck to everyone who's recovering, and TMO and The Macworld All Star Band will see you in Boston!
- Thu,8:46 PM
- Yosemite: How To Fix Safari’s Address Bar
- 7:32 PM
- Microsoft Smart Watch Sneak Peek
- 5:45 PM
- X-Doria Folio Case for iPhone 6: Awkward by Nature
- 5:30 PM
- ACM 277: Apple Pay, Apple Designs, and iPad as a Laptop Replacement
- 4:34 PM
- Learn Apple’s Swift Programming Language for $19
- 3:50 PM
- ‘iPhoto: The Missing Manual’ is Both Informative and Entertaining
- 1:50 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-23
- 11:03 AM
- Pixelmator for iPad Hits Apple’s App Store
- 10:15 AM
- Apple Wins GPNE Patent Lawsuit, Calls Company a Patent Troll
- 9:08 AM
- Apple Dropping SSL 3.0 for Push Notifications in Wake of Poodle Security Flaw
- Wed,8:40 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg Wows Chinese Crowd with 30 Minute Interview in Chinese
- 8:06 PM
- How to Use Yosemite’s New Batch-Renaming Feature