No Web Access on Show Floor Slows Expo
First on TMO - No Web Access on Show Floor Slows Expo
by , 5:30 PM EST, January 14th, 2005
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. -- Browser dependent exhibitors were brought to a grinding halt Friday as Mac Expo suffered a Web outage going on three hours.
Journalists, exhibitors and their guests were unable to access Web sites beginning at around 11a.m. PST. Intermittent access continued for an hour before to sites could be reached after noon PST. At press time, access was still down.
Attendees trying to access their e-mail either wirelessly or at the Apple User Group kiosks were perplexed and ultimately frustrated.
"Can you get in?" Jerry Maynes of Denver, Colorado asked. "I can't get anything," said Simon Davies.
It was that way across the south hall of the Moscone Convention Center. Anyone trying to access the Web or e-mail in the Apple booth was met with the same results.
"Trying to show people the online Apple Store is a little difficult," said Tom Brooks of Apple Computer. "We're writing down Web addresses on paper and handing them out,."
A representative of show organizer IDG World Expo was not immediately available for comment or explanation as to what was causing the problem. Web access is maintained by the Moscone Convention Center.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:26 PM
- $100 off iPad mini 4 for Black Friday
- 7:11 PM
- iPad mini 2 for $199 at Walmart for Black Friday
- 6:18 PM
- $100 and $125 off iPad Air 2 for Black Friday from Best Buy
- 5:23 PM
- 20% iTunes Cards from Best Buy Back on for Black Friday
- 5:15 PM
- 20% Off iTunes Cards from Ebay/PayPal
- 8:03 AM
- Black Friday Blowout 15% Discount on TMO Deals
- Thu,10:32 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,7:53 PM
- Awaken the Force with these Free Star Wars Apps
- 5:28 PM
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- 4:40 PM
- Pay What You Want for the Learn to Code Bundle
- 4:27 PM
- ACM 334: Apple’s Mac Pro vs. The Devil’s Advocate