Expo Organizers Pleased With Buzz & Turnout; 280 Exhibitors
TMO at MWSF - Expo Organizers Pleased With Buzz & Turnout; 280 Exhibitors
by , 3:35 PM EST, January 14th, 2005
Show organizers are very pleased with the exhibitor and attendance turnout at this years Max Expo, with a better than expected number of exhibitors already committed to returning to the 'City by the Bay' in January of 2006, a company spokesman said Friday.
"The response as had been more than positive from the majority of exhibitors to this years show," said Mike Sponseller, press spokesman for show IDG World Expo. "At the rate we're going, we're months ahead of schedule compared to bookings at this same time last year. We are presently surprised by that early response."
Another good sign: 280 exhibitors showed the wares at this years show compared to 260 in 2004.
Unlike 2004, when exhibitors were in two halls, north and south, IDG World Expo put all its 280 companies in the south hall, paring down the width of the isles by a fraction. Mr. Sponseller said the public didn't seem to mind the smaller walk ways.
As for attendance, Mr. Sponseller said final, audited numbers will not be known for a few months, but that the company is "comfortably forecasting" a rise in turnout.
"We had 32,409 people at the show last year," Mr. Sponseller said. "We feel good that we'll exceed that number when we get final results."
Mr. Sponseller said Apple's positive press and the multitude of news products has helped to increase attendance and awareness. "It doesn't hurt that Apple has gotten lots of press this week," he said.
- Tue,2:10 PM
- OS X Yosemite: How to Trek into Dark Mode
- 1:45 PM
- Apple Retail Out Almost $310K in Scam, Suspect Arrested in Florida
- 1:12 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-29
- 11:14 AM
- Apple TV Adds Fox Now, CNBC Channels
- 9:55 AM
- Apple Drops Samsung Patent Appeal, Ends Injunction Push
- 8:46 AM
- Retina MacBook Pro gets Faster Processors, More RAM
- Mon,10:20 PM
- Beats Music Adds More User Controls to iOS App, Including ‘Tune Your Taste’
- 9:48 PM
- Facebook Forces iPhone Users To Separate Messaging App
- 7:56 PM
- Blockchain.info Brings Bitcoin Wallet App Back to App Store
- 6:56 PM
- ‘Another One Bites The Dust’ Played Using Disk Drives
- 5:57 PM
- Lord & Taylor, Hudson’s Bay Company Deploy iBeacons in Stores
- 5:18 PM
- The Mac Mastery Training Bundle: $29