Prosoft Engineering Introduces Drive Genius
TMO at MWSF - Prosoft Engineering Introduces Drive Genius
by , 3:50 PM EST, January 14th, 2005
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- ProSoft Engineering, maker of fine data rescue and backup products, was demonstrating a new product, Drive Genius, at this weeks' Macworld Expo. Greg Brewer, President & CEO, briefed us on the important features of this package meant to maintain, manage and optimize your hard drive.
Drive Genius starts off with several partitioning functions. What makes them notable is the resize and shift functions are on the fly and require no reformatting.
Next is a set of duplication and backup functions which can perform a 100% identical copy, and can do this in an efficient manner by not copying unused space.
Then there's a defragmentation function, which, unlike some other products, performs this optimization in small chunks to reduce the chance of total data corruption if the operation fails. Formatting allows one to format any type of device, such as USB flash drives, as an OS X partition.
Rounding things out are shred, preventive maintenance, repair, benchmarking and editing functions.
A feature comparison between Drive Genius and similar products such as TechTool and DiskWarrior puts Drive Genius at the top of the heap, at least for now (TMO has yet to do a performance comparison between the products).
Drive Genius is available immediately for US$79. Owners of Norton Utilities, TechTool Pro or Disk Warrior can get a cross-grade offer for $49.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,10:42 PM
- Google Brings Higher Resolution Satellite Imagery to Google Earth and Maps
- 9:10 PM
- Google Bloks Will Offer Kids Hands-On, Collaborative Programming Concepts
- 8:44 PM
- PRE-SALE: The Complete iOS 10 Developer Course at $29
- 5:15 PM
- Game Foul: Ford Dealership Steals Firewatch Art
- 5:04 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Symply Co-founder and President Alex Grossman
- 3:20 PM
- iPhone 7 Sans Headphone Jack: The Debate Continues
- 1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?