Prosoft Engineering Introduces Drive Genius
TMO at MWSF - Prosoft Engineering Introduces Drive Genius
by , 3:50 PM EST, January 14th, 2005
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- ProSoft Engineering, maker of fine data rescue and backup products, was demonstrating a new product, Drive Genius, at this weeks' Macworld Expo. Greg Brewer, President & CEO, briefed us on the important features of this package meant to maintain, manage and optimize your hard drive.
Drive Genius starts off with several partitioning functions. What makes them notable is the resize and shift functions are on the fly and require no reformatting.
Next is a set of duplication and backup functions which can perform a 100% identical copy, and can do this in an efficient manner by not copying unused space.
Then there's a defragmentation function, which, unlike some other products, performs this optimization in small chunks to reduce the chance of total data corruption if the operation fails. Formatting allows one to format any type of device, such as USB flash drives, as an OS X partition.
Rounding things out are shred, preventive maintenance, repair, benchmarking and editing functions.
A feature comparison between Drive Genius and similar products such as TechTool and DiskWarrior puts Drive Genius at the top of the heap, at least for now (TMO has yet to do a performance comparison between the products).
Drive Genius is available immediately for US$79. Owners of Norton Utilities, TechTool Pro or Disk Warrior can get a cross-grade offer for $49.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:26 PM
- $100 off iPad mini 4 for Black Friday
- 7:11 PM
- iPad mini 2 for $199 at Walmart for Black Friday
- 6:18 PM
- $100 and $125 off iPad Air 2 for Black Friday from Best Buy
- 5:23 PM
- 20% iTunes Cards from Best Buy Back on for Black Friday
- 5:15 PM
- 20% Off iTunes Cards from Ebay/PayPal
- 8:03 AM
- Black Friday Blowout 15% Discount on TMO Deals
- Thu,10:32 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,7:53 PM
- Awaken the Force with these Free Star Wars Apps
- 5:28 PM
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Your Apple TV
- 4:40 PM
- Pay What You Want for the Learn to Code Bundle
- 4:27 PM
- ACM 334: Apple’s Mac Pro vs. The Devil’s Advocate