Prosoft Engineering Introduces Drive Genius
TMO at MWSF - Prosoft Engineering Introduces Drive Genius
by , 3:50 PM EST, January 14th, 2005
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- ProSoft Engineering, maker of fine data rescue and backup products, was demonstrating a new product, Drive Genius, at this weeks' Macworld Expo. Greg Brewer, President & CEO, briefed us on the important features of this package meant to maintain, manage and optimize your hard drive.
Drive Genius starts off with several partitioning functions. What makes them notable is the resize and shift functions are on the fly and require no reformatting.
Next is a set of duplication and backup functions which can perform a 100% identical copy, and can do this in an efficient manner by not copying unused space.
Then there's a defragmentation function, which, unlike some other products, performs this optimization in small chunks to reduce the chance of total data corruption if the operation fails. Formatting allows one to format any type of device, such as USB flash drives, as an OS X partition.
Rounding things out are shred, preventive maintenance, repair, benchmarking and editing functions.
A feature comparison between Drive Genius and similar products such as TechTool and DiskWarrior puts Drive Genius at the top of the heap, at least for now (TMO has yet to do a performance comparison between the products).
Drive Genius is available immediately for US$79. Owners of Norton Utilities, TechTool Pro or Disk Warrior can get a cross-grade offer for $49.
- Tue,8:30 PM
- Class-Action Suit Against Apple for Alleged Labor Violations
- 8:04 PM
- Apple Buys 29 Companies (plus Beats) in 21 months, 5 Since March
- 6:40 PM
- Apple’s Tim Cook Says iPad Sales Behind IBM Partnership
- 6:20 PM
- Apple: iTunes is the Fastest Growing Part of Our Business
- 5:23 PM
- Apple to Shareholders: You get 47 Cents!
- 4:35 PM
- Apple Posts Record June Quarter and 20% EPS Growth [Update]
- 3:27 PM
- MacSparky Field Guide: Presentations Released
- 2:37 PM
- Universal Car Mount w/360 Degree Adjustable Fit for $14
- 2:21 PM
- Petition Demands Samsung Improve Factory Conditions, 40K Signatures
- 1:33 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-22
- 11:16 AM
- Samsung’s Ad Message: It’s Time for New Marketing Tactics
- 10:18 AM
- AAPL Q3 2014 Earnings Report Set for Tuesday Afternoon