Griffin Technologies Debuts SecuriKey for Macintosh
TMO at MWSF - Griffin Technologies Debuts SecuriKey for Macintosh
by , 5:05 PM EST, January 14th, 2005
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Griffin Technologies LLC, provider of information security solutions for software protection and user authentication, released SecuriKey for Macintosh professional Edition at this week's Macworld Expo. Bennett Griffin, President and Founder, took a moment to demonstrate this product.
SecuriKey for Macintosh is a hardware and software combination that provides robust access control for users of Mac OS X 10.3 and above. The hardware is in the form of a USB dongle that contains a cryptographic hardware chip. The current product implements the FEAL-32 symmetric key algorithm. Future versions of the product will also support AES and ECC. When the dongle is inserted into a Mac, everything operates normally. When the device is removed, the user can choose to have the Mac shut down, log out the current user, or go into a lock mode where processes are still allowed to run.
The software, which is in the form of a System Preference Pane, handles the configuration and management of the system. The software can be installed on multiple computers, either Mac or PC. Separate passwords and privileges can be assigned to each user. And enterprise version of the software, already available on Windows, will be available on the Mac later in 2005.
SecuriKey for Macintosh Professional Edition is now shipping worldwide and is priced at US$129.
- Wed,3:10 PM
- How to Deauthorize All Devices in iTunes 12
- Tue,6:35 PM
- iKlip Grip: iPhone Stand and Selfiestick with Bluetooth Shutter
- 6:09 PM
- ShowStoppers & MacTech Team Up for DevFocus at WWDC
- 3:40 PM
- HiRise Apple Watch Stand is Beautiful, Well Engineered
- 2:58 PM
- Firefighters Take on Blaze at Apple’s Former Sapphire Glass Factory [Update]
- 2:02 PM
- Apple Watch Course: Go from Newbie to Pro and Build 14 Apps for $25
- 1:55 PM
- Three Things You Didn’t Know TextEdit Could Do For You
- 1:26 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-05-26: Jony Ive’s Promotion, Cortana Coming to iPhone
- 10:25 AM
- Hold on to Your Pants, Siri, Microsoft’s Cortana is Coming to iPhone
- 9:20 AM
- Local Content Deals to Delay Apple’s Streaming TV Plans
- 5:26 AM
- Apple Promotes Jony Ive to Chief Design Officer, Creates VPs for Hardware and UI Design
- Sun,12:13 PM
- MGG 554: Sleepy Macs Sometimes Go To Work