Griffin Technologies Debuts SecuriKey for Macintosh
TMO at MWSF - Griffin Technologies Debuts SecuriKey for Macintosh
by , 5:05 PM EST, January 14th, 2005
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Griffin Technologies LLC, provider of information security solutions for software protection and user authentication, released SecuriKey for Macintosh professional Edition at this week's Macworld Expo. Bennett Griffin, President and Founder, took a moment to demonstrate this product.
SecuriKey for Macintosh is a hardware and software combination that provides robust access control for users of Mac OS X 10.3 and above. The hardware is in the form of a USB dongle that contains a cryptographic hardware chip. The current product implements the FEAL-32 symmetric key algorithm. Future versions of the product will also support AES and ECC. When the dongle is inserted into a Mac, everything operates normally. When the device is removed, the user can choose to have the Mac shut down, log out the current user, or go into a lock mode where processes are still allowed to run.
The software, which is in the form of a System Preference Pane, handles the configuration and management of the system. The software can be installed on multiple computers, either Mac or PC. Separate passwords and privileges can be assigned to each user. And enterprise version of the software, already available on Windows, will be available on the Mac later in 2005.
SecuriKey for Macintosh Professional Edition is now shipping worldwide and is priced at US$129.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Sun,12:15 PM
- MGG 603: Pronunciation, Rants and The Joy of a Smaller Phone
- Fri,6:10 PM
- An Open Letter to Phil Schiller about iPhones, iPads, and Macs
- 5:30 PM
- New Products Apple Might Give Us While We Wait for the Car
- 4:42 PM
- Nomad Pod Portable Apple Watch Battery Pack: $33.95
- 4:40 PM
- FBI Director in the Dark on iPhone Hack Details
- 2:36 PM
- How to Select Single Pics from Burst Photos on Your iPhone
- 1:30 PM
- SolarTab Portable Solar Panel is a Bright Spot in Outdoor Charging Solutions
- 12:00 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-04-29: Kicking Off a New Apple Conference
- 9:15 AM
- Changing Your Wi-Fi Channel for Improved Speed
- Thu,7:59 PM
- Carl Icahn Isn’t Wrong about Apple in China
- 5:54 PM
- House Passes Email Search Warrant Bill