Apple Shows Off New Tiger Logo; Yanks Within Hours
by , 6:40 AM EST, February 17th, 2005
Mac users in Great Britain, Ireland and Scotland were treated to a worldwide exclusive Wednesday when their periodic Apple eNews e-mail arrived showing what appears to be a re-designed logo for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. The release appears to have been an accident, as the logo was pulled from other versions of the newsletter within hours, according to TMO readers.
The logo, seen below, is a more bolder, platinum-colored "X" with a slightly off-center spotlight affect. The new design is similiar to the Tiger CD design Apple has been displaying on its Web site now for over a month.
According to TMO readers in Great Britain, the new box design arrived mid-day Wednesday in a periodic Apple electronic newsletter, but that it disappeared in later versions of the marketing piece.
"I noticed it immediately," said Simon Bird, a Mac user in Bristol, UK. "But later in the day another version of that same newsletter sent to a different e-mail account of mine showed a different design. I'm assuming someone (at Apple) screwed up and will catch hell for it later."
In the last few weeks, Apple Computer has been stepping up its marketing efforts to entice Mac users to upgrade to the US$129 operating system. Apple CEO Steve Jobs appears on the current cover of Fortune magazine holding up icons from the new OS, and those receiving electronic marketing pieces from Apple have been receiving promotions for Tiger periodically over the past four weeks.
Mr. Jobs told attendees at Mac Expo-San Francisco that the update would be released "during the first half of 2005," leading some to speculate it could be released in final form at the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference, scheduled for June 6-10, 2005 in San Francisco.
- Mon,1:38 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-30: Tim Cook and Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act Law
- 10:41 AM
- In-store Apple Watch Purchases will Require Appointments
- 9:29 AM
- Tim Cook Blasts Indiana Discrimination Law, and it’s the Right thing to Do
- Sun,12:13 PM
- MGG 546: Calendars, Flaky Connections and NAS Backups
- Sat,10:30 AM
- How to Create Light Trails Photographs with Your iPhone
- Fri,7:50 PM
- How to Update Any Icon on Your Mac
- 7:25 PM
- Steve Wozniak: Apple Watch Edition Won’t Move the World Forward
- 3:45 PM
- The REAL Reason Apple’s iPad is Faltering
- 2:50 PM
- ‘Bobine’ Flexible iPhone Charging Dock: $24.99
- 2:05 PM
- UK Safari Users can Sue Google Over Unwanted Browser Cookies
- 12:56 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-27: Tim Cook is the Top Leader, Leshi TV says Apple is Hitler
- 10:56 AM
- Leshi TV CEO Says Apple is Hitler