Apple Updates iPod Mini With 4GB & 6GB Starting at $199 (UPDATED)
TMO Reports - Apple Updates iPod Mini With 4GB & 6GB Starting at $199 (UPDATED)
by , 8:30 AM EST, February 23rd, 2005
Both models are available in pink, blue, silver, green colors. The gold-colored model has been dropped. The iPod mini line debuted in January 2004, priced at $249.00.
Apple also changed the icons on the new iPod mini models, making them match the color of their cases. For instance, the blue iPod mini has blue menu, forward, backward, and play/pause icons on the clickwheel, while the pink iPod mini has pink icons.
Both iPod mini models feature increased battery life of up to 18 hours, the company said. Previously, Apple was quoting eight hours of battery life on one charge.
All iPod mini models include earbud headphones, a belt clip case, a USB 2.0 cable, and a CD with iTunes 4.7.1 for Mac and Windows computers.
With the new models, Apple is no longer providing a FireWire cable, instead favoring only the USB 2.0 interface. USB 2.0 has a theoretical top speed of 480 megabits per second while FireWire has a theoretical top speed of 400 Mbps. Previously iPod minis shipped with both cables. Users wanting to use the faster speed FireWire cable can purchase one directly from Apple for $19.
Bryan Chaffin contributed to this report.
Apple's new iPod mini family
- Sat,10:30 AM
- iPhoneography 101: 2 iPhone Remotes You Gotta Have
- Fri,5:40 PM
- The Unofficial Apple Weblog Will Shut Down February 3rd
- 5:18 PM
- Peri Duo Case for iPhone Marries Speaker, Battery, and Wi-Fi Audio
- 4:50 PM
- Repatriation Tax Bill Holds Promise, but Faces Uphill Battle
- 4:32 PM
- Microsoft Brings Outlook to iPhone and iPad
- 2:51 PM
- Enter to Win a Pair of Wireless Beats Studio Headphones
- 1:09 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-01-30: Samsung’s Smartphone Numbers, Congress Wants More Corporate Cash
- 11:09 AM
- FiftyThree’s Pencil Stylus for iPad goes Gold
- 9:48 AM
- How to Enable the iTunes Notification Center Widget in OS X Yosemite
- 9:05 AM
- iTunes gets OS X Yosemite Notification Widget
- Thu,6:59 PM
- Apple Tied Samsung for Global Smartphone Units in Q4
- 6:14 PM
- Wall Street Continues Apple Love Fest as $AAPL Closes at $118.90