Apple Updates iPod Mini With 4GB & 6GB Starting at $199 (UPDATED)
TMO Reports - Apple Updates iPod Mini With 4GB & 6GB Starting at $199 (UPDATED)
by , 8:30 AM EST, February 23rd, 2005
Both models are available in pink, blue, silver, green colors. The gold-colored model has been dropped. The iPod mini line debuted in January 2004, priced at $249.00.
Apple also changed the icons on the new iPod mini models, making them match the color of their cases. For instance, the blue iPod mini has blue menu, forward, backward, and play/pause icons on the clickwheel, while the pink iPod mini has pink icons.
Both iPod mini models feature increased battery life of up to 18 hours, the company said. Previously, Apple was quoting eight hours of battery life on one charge.
All iPod mini models include earbud headphones, a belt clip case, a USB 2.0 cable, and a CD with iTunes 4.7.1 for Mac and Windows computers.
With the new models, Apple is no longer providing a FireWire cable, instead favoring only the USB 2.0 interface. USB 2.0 has a theoretical top speed of 480 megabits per second while FireWire has a theoretical top speed of 400 Mbps. Previously iPod minis shipped with both cables. Users wanting to use the faster speed FireWire cable can purchase one directly from Apple for $19.
Bryan Chaffin contributed to this report.
Apple's new iPod mini family
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- 6:54 PM
- 6 Great Display Choices for Your MacBook Pro and Mac Pro
- 6:25 PM
- Apple Drops 2.81% in Broad Brexit Selloff
- 5:01 PM
- G Cloud Unlimited Backup for iPhone and Android: 5-Year Subscription for $29.99
- 1:46 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-24: Goodbye Thunderbolt Display, Spinning off the Mac
- 11:48 AM
- Plex Media Server Turns 1.0!
- 9:05 AM
- OS X: Using Policy Banner for Custom Login Screens