Apple Updates iPod Mini With 4GB & 6GB Starting at $199 (UPDATED)
TMO Reports - Apple Updates iPod Mini With 4GB & 6GB Starting at $199 (UPDATED)
by , 8:30 AM EST, February 23rd, 2005
Both models are available in pink, blue, silver, green colors. The gold-colored model has been dropped. The iPod mini line debuted in January 2004, priced at $249.00.
Apple also changed the icons on the new iPod mini models, making them match the color of their cases. For instance, the blue iPod mini has blue menu, forward, backward, and play/pause icons on the clickwheel, while the pink iPod mini has pink icons.
Both iPod mini models feature increased battery life of up to 18 hours, the company said. Previously, Apple was quoting eight hours of battery life on one charge.
All iPod mini models include earbud headphones, a belt clip case, a USB 2.0 cable, and a CD with iTunes 4.7.1 for Mac and Windows computers.
With the new models, Apple is no longer providing a FireWire cable, instead favoring only the USB 2.0 interface. USB 2.0 has a theoretical top speed of 480 megabits per second while FireWire has a theoretical top speed of 400 Mbps. Previously iPod minis shipped with both cables. Users wanting to use the faster speed FireWire cable can purchase one directly from Apple for $19.
Bryan Chaffin contributed to this report.
Apple's new iPod mini family
- Thu,5:52 PM
- The Productive Design Mac Bundle: $39.99
- 3:05 PM
- Basic Tips for Using the Dock and Trash in OS X
- 1:54 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-31
- 11:18 AM
- Russia to Apple: All Your Code Are Belong to Us
- 10:15 AM
- Shazam Song Recognition Comes to the Mac
- 9:06 AM
- Get Ready for 1Password Everywhere in iOS 8
- Wed,11:45 PM
- ACM 265: Ford goes iPhone and Facebook’s App Breakup
- 8:25 PM
- Brett Domino Explains Pop Music’s Formula
- 7:03 PM
- New iPhones: Now With Less Sapphire
- 5:55 PM
- What Amazon Didn’t Say in Its Blog Post about Hachette
- 4:16 PM
- Apple Releases Fixed Version of MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update 2.9
- 3:45 PM
- OS X Yosemite: How to Turn Translucency Off or On