Apple Updates iPod Mini With 4GB & 6GB Starting at $199 (UPDATED)
TMO Reports - Apple Updates iPod Mini With 4GB & 6GB Starting at $199 (UPDATED)
by , 8:30 AM EST, February 23rd, 2005
Both models are available in pink, blue, silver, green colors. The gold-colored model has been dropped. The iPod mini line debuted in January 2004, priced at $249.00.
Apple also changed the icons on the new iPod mini models, making them match the color of their cases. For instance, the blue iPod mini has blue menu, forward, backward, and play/pause icons on the clickwheel, while the pink iPod mini has pink icons.
Both iPod mini models feature increased battery life of up to 18 hours, the company said. Previously, Apple was quoting eight hours of battery life on one charge.
All iPod mini models include earbud headphones, a belt clip case, a USB 2.0 cable, and a CD with iTunes 4.7.1 for Mac and Windows computers.
With the new models, Apple is no longer providing a FireWire cable, instead favoring only the USB 2.0 interface. USB 2.0 has a theoretical top speed of 480 megabits per second while FireWire has a theoretical top speed of 400 Mbps. Previously iPod minis shipped with both cables. Users wanting to use the faster speed FireWire cable can purchase one directly from Apple for $19.
Bryan Chaffin contributed to this report.
Apple's new iPod mini family
- Fri,6:36 PM
- iCloud Music Library and DRM: Now with Slightly Less Disaster
- 9:38 AM
- Apple Music - Or Some Streaming Service - Needs To Steal Discovery From Napster
- 8:00 AM
- Happy U.S. Independence Day
- 1:38 AM
- Apple Posts San Francisco Pride 2015 Video
- Thu,8:51 PM
- Mpow 3-Port Intelligent Car Charger: $13.99
- 8:44 PM
- Apple Loses iBooks Antitrust Appeal in Split Decision
- 5:00 PM
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- 3:04 PM
- Apple’s New Design Bosses Report to Tim Cook, not Jony Ive
- 2:01 PM
- 3 Great iPhone Cables for Travel
- 1:39 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-02: Coping with iCloud Music Library’s Problems
- 10:58 AM
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- 8:59 AM
- How To Add Nickname, Photo to Apple Music Profile